Great “Improve Money Rules In 50 Words” Hunt. What easy changes for our politicians

Options

Comments

• karen69_2
    karen69_2 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    sort out pensions!

I'm beginning to panic. I didn't earn enough to pay into a pension whilst on minimum wage and now I don't work (raising children) and am paying no 'stamp'.......

WHAT WILL BECOME OF ME (and others in similar cicumstance) COME RETIREMENT AGE?!! :confused:
  • TonyM2
    TonyM2 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rate for mileage reimbursement using own car on business miles has been 40 pence for first 10,000 miles 25 pence for all the rest afterwards as Revenue rules, for about last 10 years (was reduced from 45p). Petrol cost is now well over double since last review. Totally unfair.
  • JoanA
    JoanA Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 18 June 2009 at 11:14AM
    Options
    It should be a legal requirement for sellers to repay buyers' costs such as search fees etc. if they pull out through no fault of the buyer. We were gazumped on one house and one seller gave the house we were buying to her daughter at the last minute! It cost us hundreds of pounds and the new owners had the benefit of our searches & surveys!:mad:
  • H1066
    H1066 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 18 June 2009 at 11:31AM
    Options
    Bring an end to Inheritance Tax, why on earth should families who have been careful with their money be robbed on their death? Tax is deducted from earnings & Savings & Dividends, also every time we purchase anything and then when our time is up our offspring are robbed of so much of what's left:confused::eek:
  • otherbow
    Options
    Please stop the scandal of banks still insisting that it takes four days for money to travel between accounts. In the days of paper cheques this was understandable but at least the money did not leave your account until the cheque was fully cashed. Now the money leaves your account immediately and turns up in the other account four days later. So where on earth is it in the meanwhile :mad:. When I pay at the supermarket the transaction is instantaneous - what's the difference :confused:

Yours seriously brassed off

Brian W
  • Shish_2
    Options
    Both my kids and myself in a medical emergency have had to use doorstep lenders who charge anything up to an equivalent 650% for credit to pay bills or buy necessary things for house.
    Admittedly these lenders give credit to "high risk" clients and have poorly paid agents to "persuade" people into accessing credit to earn their commission, many of whom make totally false statements about costs of various other credit schemes to persuade their clients as they are untrained, mostly, except in the "sell at any cost methods" but surely a fair return is not more then 50%?
    The government promised action some time ago on this type of credit as far as memory serves but, apart from forcing lenders to show a "truer cost of credit" I haven't seen much other action and my kids have been too easily persuaded (one into bankruptcy), despite my strong words, into wasted credit. People on low incomes are the main target and sufferers of this type of credit and the companies (won't name them but many will know who I mean) always protest about the necessary and high costs of their lending but they must still be making massive profits otherwise they wouldn't still be in business.
    I'm not against a fairly assessed profit margin by any means but this has been a long time in need of sorting.
    Apologies to anyone who has already posted this but I can't sit and read too long
    as I'm in hospital and limited in web access.
  • AngryFamily
    Options
    Firstly, the law needs to be amended to prevent the state stealing the homes of elderly people to fund their nursing/care home fees. Secondly, family members should not be forced to provide third-party top-up of fees if there is a shortfall in local authority funding support. :eek:
  • A_fiend_for_life
    Options
    joelwoods wrote: »
    Lenders should not be able to penalise people with an early repayment charge, for repaying part or all of a loan or mortgage.

Agree with this but I think the future interest should be scrapped too. Early repayment charge should be considered a form of double charging imho.
  • tiger5000
    tiger5000 Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Large organisations, regularly reporting profit, should not be allowed to make job cuts. Companies saving money in this way passes extra burden onto the taypayer to pay benefits for those out of work. Jobs = tax revenue for government.
  • criple
    criple Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    As a tutor of Financial Capability I see so many young people (and adults) get in to trouble with mobile phone debt, this can and should be capped by the company against income earned
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure