The 9 year plan...hold onto your hats and here we go!

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,482 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    M4/M5 Junction is ALWAYS bad Bob - we never touch that route at all - always use the M3, A303, A30 etc. A303 is usually a bit cloggy round Stonehenge but we know the cut through via the army camp now so that helps! Traffic was nice and clear at Exeter by the time we got down on Friday night thankfully, and we had a flyer of a run back on Monday.

Not much to report news-wise really. Must do my shopping list tonight as I'm at speedway tomorrow as usual and want to shop on Friday evening. Expenditure wise - a few bits coming up - the car has its service next Thursday - managed to get 15% off when I rang the garage for the price too so quite pleased with that. The local dealership couldn't match the price so it's going to the one near work. It really could do with front tyres too but it'll have to wait another month for those now. I'm meant to be booking a trip to oland for later in the year for myself and a friend - we're heading over for the speedway GP. Looks like it's going to cost somewhere about £250 :eek: but should be worth it with luck - I'll get to see one of my all time favourite riders racing on his home track too, and as there is a fair chance he'll retire at the end of the season I really feel I should grab the chance. Also Speedway related - £10 will go into a collection for two of our lads tomorrow night as they both had bikes written off through no fault of their own at Coventry on Monday night.

Just over £20 left in the shopping budget for the month so should be able to get everything we need for the week OK. We're off to Twickenham on Saturday for the England -v- Barbarians match so there will be beers and some food to get.....it's a full day of rugby though and the tickets were bought on clubcard deals!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds very eventful for you and exciting.
  • boredofbeingathome
    Options
    I have been along that route a few times, as Mr.B's brother and mine both live not to far away from Stonehenge, though i prefer Avebury.

You should easily do the £20 for the rest of the month, i would have thought you will have a bit left over.

Racing sounds exciting, i am afraid i don't watch live ones as i find it is over with too quickly and is hard to follow.
    Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?
    Still lurking around with a hope of some salvation:cool:
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Afternoon all - and a scorching day it is too here in Essex.

I need to get onto the online banking later to transfer across some mileage expenses money I should have been paid by work.....I also need to work out where I'm transferring it to with the ISA now being full, come to think of it. :confused::rotfl: Hmmm. I'm going to look at the Barclays regular saver I think - leaving the cash there for a year shouldn't be a problem as it will be next August-ish when we start looking at replacing the car. Will go and take another look at Martin's recommendations though. Hopefully if I do go for Barclays I might be able to go and open the account during a lunchbreak one day this week. Shopping for the month came in under budget by £3.95 in the end - woo to me! Would have been a little more but I needed eggs and also bought a bag of basics peppers while I was in Sainsburys.

Just waiting for the delivery on the new washing machine now - I can't wait to be able to start tackling the washing mountain that's built up this week! Lunch was going to be roast chicken but I forgot to get it out to defrost yesterday morning and as a result it's not defrosted in time to cook yet. Rugby was good yesterday even though England lost. Plan for the rest of today is to get the place cleaned and tidied, and do some stuff outside - our little bit of garden needs some sorting out.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Money transferred into online savings account linked to my current A/C until I decide where it needs to end up......washing machine arrived eventually 45 minutes after their latest expected time of 6pm so there will be a call going to Comet tomorrow to claim back the £19.95 delivery charge under their "We'll be on time or refund your charge" promise. Garden semi-sorted. Car cleaned. Scones made to go with the clotted cream we brought back from Devon last weekend - and a good number of them consumed too! :T Flat distinctly NOT tidied however which is less impressive. :mad: Hopefully MrEH will do hoovering tomorrow evening while I'm out dodging the Sky TV cameras at our televised speedway meeting. I loathe Sky meetings so tomorrow will be interesting. I'll probably just keep out of the way as much as I can, although that's tricky as you never quite know where they want to be next!

On the money front again - have agreed with MrEH that our mortgage OP will go up by another £50 from the july payment. This will mean we are OP'ing by 34% which I am very pleased with, and will also knock another year off our MF date. Still a way to go on that challenge yet but we're getting there.
    she/her
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :hello: Just popping in to say hello! I've only read the first page, but my eyes are closing on me, I can't stay awake .... so sleep well, all, and I'll see you tomorrow.
    xx
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • boredofbeingathome
    Options
    Money transferred into online savings account linked to my current A/C until I decide where it needs to end up......washing machine arrived eventually 45 minutes after their latest expected time of 6pm so there will be a call going to Comet tomorrow to claim back the £19.95 delivery charge under their "We'll be on time or refund your charge" promise. Garden semi-sorted. Car cleaned. Scones made to go with the clotted cream we brought back from Devon last weekend - and a good number of them consumed too! :T Flat distinctly NOT tidied however which is less impressive. :mad: Hopefully MrEH will do hoovering tomorrow evening while I'm out dodging the Sky TV cameras at our televised speedway meeting. I loathe Sky meetings so tomorrow will be interesting. I'll probably just keep out of the way as much as I can, although that's tricky as you never quite know where they want to be next!

On the money front again - have agreed with MrEH that our mortgage OP will go up by another £50 from the july payment. This will mean we are OP'ing by 34% which I am very pleased with, and will also knock another year off our MF date. Still a way to go on that challenge yet but we're getting there.

Good one on comet front:T

Shame about the camera dodging could have run a competition on spot EH:D bit of matched betting on the side:rotfl:

Good luck with the OP'ing on mortgage:T
    Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?
    Still lurking around with a hope of some salvation:cool:
  • Scottishmummy
    Scottishmummy Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    washing machine arrived eventually 45 minutes after their latest expected time of 6pm so there will be a call going to Comet tomorrow to claim back the £19.95 delivery charge under their "We'll be on time or refund your charge" promise. .

They pay out pretty quickly on that front as we found out when we complained of scratches on our fridge freezer last year.

Have discussed with DH re the ferries and trying somewhere else this year but he wants to go back to Mull this year and maybe try Harris next. We buy the five day return which works out quite a bit cheaper than a regular return so with the extra fuel it would take to drive to Skye I think Mull works out a bit cheaper - just.
    The person who moves a mountain begins by carrying small stones.
    Diet loss starting Sept 2019 0/80lbs:eek::o
    Proud to be No. 47 of the DMP mutual support club
    DFW Nerd #380. Proud to be dealing with my debt
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Mull is lovely isn't it SM so I can entirely understand you wanting to go back there. Tobermory is such a pretty place with the coloured houses on the harbour-front.

Bob I must have done a good job of camera dodging as MrEH didn't spot me! It was a dire meeting unfortunately, capped off by one of our riders being sent flying into the fence and having to be taken to hospital at the end. Thankfully he seems to be OK - nothing broken but they kept him in overnight to be safe as he was unconscious for a while.

Had a nasty moment over the Polish trip when the Polish hotel agency came back with no vacancies....! :eek: Thankfully it looks like dealing with the hotel direct will get somed results.
    she/her
  • kissjenn
    kissjenn Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I have to second the Mull trip.

The ferries to Iona and Staffa are fabby. Staffa is scarey tho if you've little ones. I kept expecting one to be pulled head first out of the sea in Fingal's Cave.

Can't get to grips with Skye so much, but that's me. The tiny little Ferry that still crosses, last turnaround in Scotland I think, only takes 4 cars and 5 minutes. We still managed to see porpoises tho.

I do like Scotland - very biased - mea culpa :o
    :A Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure