We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Capital One Ripping me off!!

Options

Comments

• weegie.geek
    weegie.geek Posts: 3,432 Forumite
    Options
    Just be constructive and supportive :)

Or just not bother posting. There are plenty of people I feel like calling an idiot, but I more or less manage to ignore them and don't bother posting. I dunno why so many people seem to make a hobby of posting abuse. Point out that someone's wrong and point them in the right direction by all means, but too many people just come on here to call people idiots. It's the weekend !!!!!!, have they nothing better to do? :/
    They say it's genetic, they say he can't help it, they say you can catch it - but sometimes you're born with it
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cmmon -no riddles....... speak in lamens terms to us thick southerners LOL :confused:
    You told me you were from Yorkshire NID? :confused:
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • love-hearts
    love-hearts Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Options
    I didn't gang up on, troll or bully anyone, I just felt sorry for the OP. I'm a kind hearted soul and I'll go to heaven when I pop my clogs :p.
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2009 at 9:08PM
    Options
    PROLIANT wrote: »
    You told me you were from Yorkshire NID? :confused:

No mate, not me. From Essex..... I think someone accused me of that, but i'm not.

Anyway, isn't Yorkshire south of Newcastle...?
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    have they nothing better to do? :/

Guess not mate - thanks for positive post :j

• never-in-doubt
    Options
    I didn't gang up on, troll or bully anyone, I just felt sorry for the OP. I'm a kind hearted soul and I'll go to heaven when I pop my clogs :p.

No, I agree you never - just ignore that remark made. It was quite inaccurate....

• Sar
    Sar Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, not sure what the argument about previous poster is about so will stay out of that. I understand both sides of the 'discussion' with this post, perhaps the poster should have been able to budget for £9.

Now, this was 2 weeks ago, at this point I havnt had my bank statement or capital one statement. Then today, i get both statements, showing that indeed the £9 has bounced.

However, reading his initial post though I would say that as he hadn't received his statement he didn't know about the early direct debit (On my statements it says the day the money will be debited) - therefore he had no notice so wasn't prepared for it. In his post he has made it clear that he was willing to pay for 1 late payment, but not for 3, seems fair enough to me! Think some people on here are being a little harsh - not everyone has the funds to plan for any eventuality. This is why some of us are on here, for support and advice. Opinions are fine but rudeness isn't..

Oh, and I agree that the PaD board is fab.. Am off there now!
    Too ashamed to admit how much I owe!!
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    Sar wrote: »

wise words for a newbie - thanks. :beer:

• kezlou
    kezlou Posts: 3,283 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya gianni,
    sorry to hear about the extra charges to your account. It is ridiculous to charge you three amounts. Natwest tried to do it to me when i missed a payment via DD, the amount was for a whopping £5 and they tried to charge me £60 + £10 extra admin fee. I booted off at them saying they were at fault because they tried to take money out of my account two weeks early than they should.

I didnt have any money in the DD account as i had a separate account which my wages went into, and i hadn't transferred any money into the DD account. hence an explanation of why a small amount lead me or anyone in the uhis unfortunate situation to pay an extra £42 in charges on the DD account which the bank said i had to pay, no reversing out of that one.
    Luckily i managed to get all charges reversed on my credit card account as they were clearly in the wrong.

Not everyone has money in all or any of they accounts, for many people inc myself prefer to keep accounts separate in order to may sure money for bills are never spent. Or just live in they overdrafts so any money is constantly needed for other things. e,g car costs, insurance, break in, repairs, sudden illness, wages put in late etc all unfortunate events. But they you go all we can is go with the flow. The OP has a right to whinge and be annoyed because he offered to pay one charge just not three.

Gianni hope some of the charges are reversed.
    Best of luck for the future. x
  • Glitzkiss
    Glitzkiss Posts: 5,326 Forumite
    Options
    PROLIANT wrote: »
    So the "ethos" of the MSE digital bandwagon is ultimatly biased and conditional?
    What happened to freedom of speech?

There is no freedom of speech on this site. It is Martin's site therefore we abide by his rules which include:

Pls be nice to all MoneySavers. There's no such thing as a stupid question, and even if you disagree courtesy helps.

I suspect this includes reading the OP thoroughly and not spinning it for your own train of thought.

I hope you got your situation sorted OP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family