🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

One day at a time......

Options

Comments

• newlifeahead
    Options
    I didn't get to do an update last night. Was far to tired.

I managed to go to asda yesterday with a list. I did add a few things but it was for dinner so I don't have top shop today or tomorrow. Less money to spend.
    In total I spent £13.13 in asda
    That makes my spend for Monday £16.92.

Only thing is I brought DS1 pumps yesterday but I brought the wrong size. I can't belive his feet have grown so quickly. He only had the others in September, now he is on the next size up. So now I have to go back to the shop and exchange it at lunch time.

I didn;t get to book my mot yesterday. Still trying to find the certificate from last year.

Tasks to do today are.

[STRIKE]Morning walk[/STRIKE] Already done at 6am this morning
    Change ds1 pumps
    Check online banking.
    Spend no money.
    Book car in for it's mot

Not much to do but I am working today.
    I would like to enter for my exams in June. I have to retake my final 2 again. Had so much stress last year that it was the first time I did not manage to pass my exams. Feel so bad about it now as I have been on the course for 3 years without any major problems and at the last hurdle managed to fail. Feels hard to get back into the revising, but I have to.

Here goes. Back to work.

Have a noce day every one it is lovely and sunny here.

Thanks beanielou it is hard to find people around me to talk to. These forums help so much. I love reading everyones post I feel at home on MSE:money:
    Smile loan - £2821.98 / £0:)
    Lloyds CC - £3102.54 / £3071.51
    B'Card - £7615.65 / £7444.30
    Bank of mom - £6000 / £6000
    28/02/17 £ 19,540.17 / £16515.81 05/04/17
  • newlifeahead
    Options
    aaaarggghhhhhhh

Why do these horrible things have to happen to me. Not just one thing but 3.

1)Tried to book my car in for a MOT looks like the booking centres systems are down. They were supposed to call me back with a date and time for next week.

2)Went to take DS1 pumps back for a bigger size, but the don't have any in stock until Friday...(Oh my...I am going to have to go back again:confused:)

3)When I got in the car at lunch time, noticed that the speedo clock (the thing that tells you how fast you are going) is now not working. It was working this morning.

For GOD sake will you stop messing with me it is just not funny.:mad:

I have no idea how to get this sorted now. Had a look at some forums and people have been paying around £200 for a new clock, but the problem has come back since.

I really don't want to take my car into Peugeot they are a bunch of robbers.

My car has been working fine since the last time I had my MOT and now that it is due this carp has to happen.

I just feel like eating loads of chocolate. I am going to make some cakes later and eat all of them in one go. (At least I don't have to spend any money)

Please can someone take this pain away. It really hurts
    :cry:
  • Primula
    Primula Posts: 953 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya
    Just popping in to say hello and well done, no very very well done on clearing so much debt already, that is amazing. :T

What a shame about your car - fingers crossed it might be something relatively simple.

Now re the chocolate and cake, go have some and enjoy! And enjoy your pedicure - OMG what a bargain that is - £35 in my local salon for a deluxe pedicure! Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

P
    x
  • newlifeahead
    Options
    Just had a call back and my car has now been booked in for its mot next Thursday.
    I have got to get this thing fixed otherwise it will fail.
    I am not going to think about it anymore it is just upsetting me. I am going to give myself until next Tuesday to sort this out.

Someone please give me a break....
  • newlifeahead
    Options
    Well yesterday didn't get any better for me. I wanted to finish work early but got stuck on an nasty job so had to work later than I wanted.
    Had a old friend come round to say hello, but I had to turn him away. I was sooo busy working, and late picking the kids up from out of school club. I have asked him to come back soon on another day I am not working. His mom lives on the same street as me so he said he sees my car all the time. I really hope he comes back, I felt so bad afterwards.

Managed to do some reasearch on the internet and it looks like that although the speedo is not working it doesn't mean a fail. I have been told that it could be a wiring problem and sometimes it may just start working on its own. Either way I really want to get this fixed when I can but at least it won't fail the mot on that.

So this morning I have been for my walk around the block. Third morning in a row. I am getting faster:j
    Hoping today will be much better. I have no work today which is great.
    First I will update the list from yesterday
    Morning walk
    [STRIKE]Change ds1 pumps[/STRIKE] - have to go back again on Friday
    [STRIKE]Check online banking.[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Spend no money[/STRIKE]. - yeah I had a no spend day
    [STRIKE]Book car in for it's mot[/STRIKE] - booked in for next Thursday

List for today.
    Keep calm
    Ironing
    washing
    Keep ds2 happy after school. He finishes at 11.30am
    Try not to spend any money again today.

Thanks Primula for popping in and saying hello. I didn't even get time to make those cakes yesterday. I just got busier and busier as the day went on. In fact I am going to add that to my list. I think I will make them with ds1 later. Thanks Primula

Added to todays list
    Make cakes
    Then eat cakes...yummy:D
  • newlifeahead
    Options
    So far so good. Nothing terrible has happend yet. Did get a call from the shop for DS1 pumps. They had them brought in this morning, so I went to pick them up which saves me going again on Friday which is great.
    Haven't done anything else yet but I am keeping calm.

Off to collect ds2 from school and enjoy the day.
    :j
  • newlifeahead
    Options
    Wow this really is a better day for me. Postman has just come and have received a letter from Barclaycard. I had sent them a letter last week to reclaim all of my late payment and over the limit charges.
    They have written back and credited my account for the whole amount.
    So my debt has been reduced by £515 today. :j
    I still owe them a lot but something is better than nothing.

Sorry change of subject. The TV in my living room had not been working for ages. It has been awful. Kids could only watch dvd's in the bedroom.
    My sky box had broken and so didn't want to get a new one. Had been thinking about getting a 2nd hand tv for a while but couldn't part with my money. Anyway a friend of my mom had a sky box she wasn't using. Think she upgrade to HD. So I have her old box which is more update than my old one. Have connected it up and called sky to have the card matched up to the box and it is now working fantasic. I can't belive it. I just need some batteries for the remote. Thought I had some in the house but they are no where to be found.
    This debt free process is making me feel so tight with money. I just need some batteries but I want a no spend day more.:rotfl:
  • newlifeahead
    Options
    Oh I need to catch up.
    Update
    Wednesday - I did make cakes with DS2 he enjoyed it and so did I. between us we ate all of them the same day. I think I eat the most. The best feeling I had eating them was that I didn't have to buy them in a shop. Only gave 3 away to DS1 who went to the Manu football match with his dad. DS2 couldn't go he is on 4 and wouldn't have been able to manage school the next day without nodding off.
    Had a no spend day on Wednesday.

Nothing exciting happend on Thursday that I can remember. I did have to go shopping and spent £10.06.
    Total spend for this week is so far £26.98.
    I am going to a birthday party later so still need to but a card.
    I will make sure the kids eat and drink before they go to make sure I don't spend too much. Coming home early might also help.

Check online backing my 2nd payment of £285.32 came out yesterday so I now only own Roinson Way £285.32 which will be the last payment next month:j

I have worked out that if I want to save £214.68 this month then I only have £30.36 in the bank until payday on the 30th.
    Between now and then I need to do an oil change put Diesel in the car and buy food. It is going to be a tight one:o

I really want to resit my accounting exams in June. The last day for entry is 30th April and I thing it cost about £43 for each exam. Not sure if I should do both or just one. That money will have to come out of next weeks wage. I will just have to see how I feel next week.

Hope to have a good day today. I am still waiting for the renewal form for tax credits.

:j
  • Wordsmith
    Wordsmith Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, Newlifeahead. You have done and are doing so well - it's very inspiring. Although it seems that new bad stuff is happening all the time, remember that it seems so bad because you are already feeling down - you have shown that you can get through all these horrible moments and you will again. So, onwards and upwards! You are doing great, and I'll keep calling by to see how you are progressing - you are making greater inroads than some of us on here, so remember that all your triumphs, even if they seem little to you, are an encouragement to others. Enjoy your pedicure and good luck with the MOT. And, crikey, well done with Barclaycard!
    "Green pastures are before me,
    Which yet I have not seen;"
    I'd love to be a good example - instead, I am a horrible warning.
  • newlifeahead
    Options
    Thank you Wordsmith for your kind words. Some days I feel as though why do I bother, but I now I will be better off in the long run when I have no debt to speak of.

Update on the last coupple of days - I didn't go out on Friday evening like a planned to. DS2 feel asleep at about 6pm and didn't wake up, so I didn't have the heart to drag him out when he was so tired.
    I didn't buy the birthday card in the end so had another no spend day.:T
    Saturday - nothing much happend. I have a very boring life. Gas/elec bill came from Npower. I thought that they were sending bills every 6 months but I seens like 2. Had my last bill in February. I will have to give them a call on Monday to clarify something which I am not too sure about.
    It says on the bill that my new montly payment will be £126 from the 1st June but if I pay £184.33 by the 6th May (this will clear the outstanding balance) then my new monthly payment will be £109. I already have a direct debit set up and a payment of £155 will be paid on 1st May. So do I only need to make the additional amount of £29.33? If that is the case then I will do it, it will be worth it as I would be saving £46 per month.

Only spend on Saturday was petrol £20. I will have to buy a few things again for ds1 school lunch. Got lots of clearing up to do DS1 deceided to take everything out of its place when looking for one thing and didn't even put stuff away. Mum to the rescue as always.

I really want to clear this debt quickly, I don't really feel as though it is going fast enough. I am not able to get a 2nd job or do any overtime at work. I always go through quidco if I buy anything but have cut all spending. I can't see where I can cut any other spending. I don't have a camera to take pictures of stuff I want to sell and put them on ebay.
    I do have watches I want to sell from when I had my jewellery business a few years ago. My ex bf wants to buy some of these from me now so he can sell them. I have not sold them to him yet because we were going through a very difficult time and I couldn't face his abuse whenever I saw him.
    I think I will just let him know I am ready to get rid of them now. I am not looking to make any profit just want my money back now so I can reduce the debt.

Nothing bad as happened today but just feel a little bit down. It is just a nothing day. Oh well I will just get on with it.

Things to do today
    Cheer up
    Need to write a letter for a friend
    Buy ds1 school lunch
    Iron school uniforms

I have the day off work tomorrow so I hope to do some clearing up before I go to my hospital appointment.

Oh well, I had better get on with it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing