We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

UK Stockmarket 2009 and beyond

Options

Comments

• bobbyj_2
    bobbyj_2 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    Nickel finished the weak at $10:71 a lb cloudy, not sure what is going on but expect a chart breakout in TMC next week. Looks hugely undervalued now woth Nickel sat at this price. Looks like Nickel the new copper for now!
  • sabretoothtigger
    sabretoothtigger Posts: 10,035 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 27 March 2010 at 7:17PM
    Options
    Need to look at nickel chart really, will it be on kitco

Some options activity indicating people hedging against further rises?

2ds39zn.gif

I looked at Microsoft, they are 10% of that fund I got. Its an obvious fall waiting to happen going on trends back to 2007
    (10% fall in Jan was no mistake, and its come due again for similar now) I think maybe it could be more positive then expected.

Im not sure about a breakout exactly, 260bn large - surely that requires international investment and consensus for any momentum

So Im not surprised by call options on that one I guess

Cramer’s Top 10 Natural Gas Stocks slideshow

http://www.cnbc.com/id/33509810/Cramer_s_Top_10_Natural_Gas_Stocks?slide=2

options on ngas stocks - http://www.aqumin.com/Blog.html

Today we discuss the future of natural gas and how to own natural gas stocks with less risk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zksS01f_ji4

Also check out IID with 10% yield and it contains RGNC BP etc (ex div 1st april monthly)
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    bobbyj wrote: »
    Nickel finished the weak at $10:71 a lb cloudy, not sure what is going on but expect a chart breakout in TMC next week. Looks hugely undervalued now woth Nickel sat at this price. Looks like Nickel the new copper for now!
    As mentioned previously Ni looks to be in short supply this year but longer term I don't think it will be that spetacular.

Having said that I don't beliive there is a specific link between Ni and the recent rise in TMC. TMC are rising on their own merrits and hopefully their SP will reflect its true value over the next 12 months (hopefully a lot less).
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • bobbyj_2
    bobbyj_2 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    look at Nickel price cloudy! gone to $11 a lb overnight, TMC should be a stormer this week. How high is Nickel going to go in such a short space of time??
  • sabretoothtigger
    edited 29 March 2010 at 8:25AM
    Options
    Base metals are up so much that a usa nickel is now worth about 20% more then it should be

I was just flicking through the charts, a rough look and it seems there could be resistance to rises above $11 nickel.
    SLX also at top of its price range for now perhaps, just general opinions not sure on this one company

BLT also at the top of its very positive trend and near a previous top. I wonder if it could fall back and be a nicer buy then now
    Also POG I would hesitate to buy here for similar reasons though its just maybes thats my bigger picture view of the odds

I was looking for shares that look cheap, all I could see was maybe LCG which appears to have had alot of bad news but I think that its one looking into.
    Was looking because I spotted mr burns is long on it. 10m profit, no debt and 50m market cap 9 p/e
    Would make a good replacement for IGG which I took profits on

Also this dude done a good chart here I think. It would make sense if this were the case

goldsilvmar232010.jpg

http://twitter.com/Alaidi

Longer time frame takes precedent but we have clashing of the waves here, volatility maybe

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2379/spotnickel5ylarge.gif
    http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4832/spotnickel6mlarge.gif
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    bobbyj wrote: »
    look at Nickel price cloudy! gone to $11 a lb overnight, TMC should be a stormer this week. How high is Nickel going to go in such a short space of time??
    Well, there she goes again..... playing with the 40/41p level. Hopefully it will hold today which means with news in the immediate future (as we expect) it could burst through the 44p recent high.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • ses6jwg
    ses6jwg Posts: 5,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    'POP' goes the Falklands oil E&P bubble.
  • tonygee_3
    tonygee_3 Posts: 432 Forumite
    Options
    They do say a Mine/Well is a Hole in the ground with a bunch of Rampers on top(until proven otherwise)Lots of these shareprices have already factored in proven reserves AND a global recovery
    Hope no one on here caught out
  • sabretoothtigger
    edited 29 March 2010 at 4:17PM
    Options
    LONDON, March 29 (Reuters) - Desire Petroleum Plc:

LIZ 14/19-1 WELL, IN THE NORTH FALKLAND BASIN, HAS REACHED A DEPTH OF 3570 metres
    LOGGING OPERATIONS SHOW OIL MAY BE PRESENT IN THIN INTERVALS BUT THAT reservoir quality is poor
    UNTIL LOGGING IS COMPLETE WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO DETERMINE SIGNIFICANCE OF hydrocarbons encountered

Desire is down like 50% because they found oil but of really poor quality. Not sure if thats to mean thats all there is or its just one drill result, if so it might be overplayed

HDY for example fell badly because one patch of drilling ended with no oil but they have a license for much more plus ongoing business.
    [ *chart for hdy is looking like the price will breakdown* ]

I think the price after these kinds of deflation is the real price, the rest is like an ebay bidding war.
    People end up paying more for 2nd hand goods then it costs new sometimes, everyone wants to 'win'

Is this why AGK is set to more then double . Mr burns expecting agk to rise another 20% apparently -
    http://www.citywire.co.uk/partners/redirector.aspx?contentid=390117&deliverytargetcode=Personal__News__Money_Property_and_Tax&re=8942&ea=249194

Never underestimate a weak pound to help international companies I guess. Even ERE has risen back, an indian infrastructure trust - the Rupee is at all time highs apparently it just keeps on going up
  • ses6jwg
    ses6jwg Posts: 5,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 29 March 2010 at 4:20PM
    Options
    Keeping an eye on Rockhopper, they are drilling after Desire with 100% working interest, in a location where Shell encountered "good oil shows" in 1998.

With a market cap of 90m and 70m raised in 2009, might be "worth a punt" as they say.

They only have a 7.5% interest in "Liz", so drop may be overdone... we shall see.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport