UK Stockmarket 2009 and beyond

Options

Comments

• cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,052 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    cloud_dog wrote: »
    WTN been going great guns recently, due to some recently positive broker updates and the inclusion in the S&P/TSX Composite Index.

Not sure if I'm tempting fate but...... all I need is another 23p and I will have my first ever '10bagger' (as they say). If this happens I will literally be.... :rotfl:
    I am, as I type ROTFL :rotfl: (I am multi-talented :))
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • tonygee_3
    tonygee_3 Posts: 432 Forumite
    Options
    BUDGET DAY so prob stagnant today
    Must stock up on Havanas,Scotch..oh and fill up my private jet before prices go up.;)
  • cloud_dog
    Options
    tradetime wrote: »
    US$ commencing its breakout to target the 83.3 - 84 area. Will be interesting to see how US indices react to this.
    Ouch, can't see this being particularly good for commodities/PMs. Although the 'norm' was disconnected for a period of time last year when commodities/PMs continued to rise with a rising US$.

• tradetime
    tradetime Posts: 3,200 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah gold currently dipping below 1100 again 1087 is the recent short term swing low, more meaningful support in the 1050 - 1060 area
    Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

"Never in the history of the world has there been a situation so bad that the government can't make it worse." Unknown
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ukx 5650 is make or break now

I don`t believe that 5800 is in the picture at the moment, too many ifs and buts to be really optimistic. Sentiment is changing on a sixpence lately
  • sabretoothtigger
    sabretoothtigger Posts: 10,035 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 24 March 2010 at 4:40PM
    Options
    Dollar index is up 1%
    Its not supposed to move that fast, new high of the year I think but whys it doing that out of americas trading hours, needs volume confirmation?

Correspondingly cable is back on the tracks for parity before year end, surely not

I guess if we roughly say a healthy uptrend resembles a staircase then this does look bullish for the dollar - [reading 82 now]

sc7261024.png

INTC fell 2% afterhours last night for some reason :(

Natural Gas inventories on Thursday and USA GDP Friday and Japan CPI

My broker says I must sell and buy shares in GBP only. That'd be fine if they didnt charge me a currency spread each time, no doubt ib does this properly

On my usd futures chart I have the dollar worth hitting trend resistance so it should help cap further gains, allegedly

Darlings budget - http://msnukmoney.spaces.live.com/

Portugal has been downgraded hence the dollar blip apparently - http://blogs.uncommonwisdomdaily.com/red-hot-energy-and-gold/files/2010/03/dollar1.png

My very slow brain has just caught up with the fact that the dollar rose more then intel fell which means my shares gained in value, heh
  • cloud_dog
    Options
    Wow WTN up 10% today (almost made me an 11bagger).

Stay on or jump off, stay on or jump off? Yes I know I should sell some and ride the rest but......

• tradetime
    tradetime Posts: 3,200 Forumite
    edited 24 March 2010 at 7:40PM
    Options
    Big move by the Dollar Index todays as it edges above the 50% retrace of the entire move down from early '09 and on course for the 83.3 - 84 target. Upper daily trendline comes in around 83 now.
    snapshot-31.png

Portugal downgrade is all the buzz with the talking heads, but quite frankly this is old news, along with the downgrades of Spain, Ireland, and Italy ;) Oh yes they haven't happened yet.

US indices are taking a breather, after being unable to hold 1170 in the early going, working off some of the overbought condition. Next minor support in the low to mid 1160's currently holding 1166, and more significant support low to mid 1150's
    Still no significant selling pressure, and close above 1170 is still possible. It is somewhat concerning how little fear there is, one can't help feeling that a correction is just around the corner, however it is never wise to fight the market and for now the path of least resistance remains up.

Looks like yellow shiny stuff may be on its way to 1060 area after all.
    Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

"Never in the history of the world has there been a situation so bad that the government can't make it worse." Unknown
  • sabretoothtigger
    sabretoothtigger Posts: 10,035 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have charted UDN moving decisively below support this week (just today even) with this move so could be it is longer term shift not just another glancing blow on 81 for the usd

cloud_dog wrote: »
    Wow WTN up 10% today (almost made me an 11bagger).

Stay on or jump off, stay on or jump off? Yes I know I should sell some and ride the rest but......

I would just argue that getting your original money back (plus interest and costs even) is good and then do whatever you like with the profits left over :)

What made you select this share and when did you buy it btw ?

The chart for TMC looks good, if anything I wonder why they are cheap must be good reasons and they hold a net cash position ?
  • fullstop
    fullstop Posts: 545 Forumite
    Options
    Lloyds TSB shares are as of today ahead of the price the government paid to bail them out, how long for though?
    "When the Government borrows, the citizen has to save".

Machiavellii
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport