Replies

• cabbagecabbage Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Dyson digital slim is £189 from Costco online
    The Cabbage
    Its Advice - Take it or Leave it:D
  • sharon7_2sharon7_2 Forumite
    171 posts
    Any idea if Costco will be selling their own brand ugg boots? I got them a few years ago and need a new pair x
  • xyz123xyz123 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    any idea if the costco michelin tyres deals are any good? cant seem to find any prices online.
  • gwapenutgwapenut Forumite
    1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for information about costco tyres prices, can't find out prices before I join! After some 215-45-r17 and see they have a rebate on at the moment.
  • Usually pretty good if you phone store. Here is offer which finishes Sunday
    http://www.warehouses.costco.co.uk/tyres/
  • Sharon7 wrote: »
    Any idea if Costco will be selling their own brand ugg boots? I got them a few years ago and need a new pair x

They are in sheffield now :)
  • Just wondered if anyone has ever had their eyes tested at Costco? I've heard it scored much better than other opticians in a survey and need to get my eyes checked again soon.

Also can anyone tell me how much the Contact lenses are there?.. air optix monthly soft lenses. I get mine online normally from Getlenses but I wonder if it is cheaper or about the same to get from Costco. We've let our subscription lapse as we were finding we weren't going that often and didn't renew.. but I may reconsider if the contacts are a lot cheaper! Thanks :)
  • edited 18 September 2014 at 9:54PM
    cw18cw18 Forumite
    8.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 September 2014 at 9:54PM
    My OH had his eyes tested there a couple of months back. He was happy enough, but doesn't actually have anything to compare it to (not been properly tested in years!). I didn't think the glasses were cheap compared to what I've been paying at Boots over the last 4 years or so (and I currently need a change every year :o)

I have my tests done at Boots, and get daily disposable lenses on their monthly payment scheme. But while he was getting tested I asked about prices on 1-day Acuvue moist, and from the prices I was given they worked out a LOT more expensive than I'm paying now :eek: The only way they'd be marginally cheaper is if when she quoted '1 month' of a prescription she meant 60 lenses rather than 30 - my eyes have different prescriptions and I'd asked about both - but they'd still not be cheap enough to make up for losing the free tests and glasses discount that being on the payment plan with Boots gives me.
    Cheryl
  • GRMGRM Forumite
    644 posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I've had my eyes tested at Costco, was pretty impressed with the service. Lenses from my normal optician are £400+ (-12 cyl) whereas Costco quoted £149 for Zeiss.
  • cw18 wrote: »
    My OH had his eyes tested there a couple of months back. He was happy enough, but doesn't actually have anything to compare it to (not been properly tested in years!). I didn't think the glasses were cheap compared to what I've been paying at Boots over the last 4 years or so (and I currently need a change every year :o)

I have my tests done at Boots, and get daily disposable lenses on their monthly payment scheme. But while he was getting tested I asked about prices on 1-day Acuvue moist, and from the prices I was given they worked out a LOT more expensive than I'm paying now :eek: The only way they'd be marginally cheaper is if when she quoted '1 month' of a prescription she meant 60 lenses rather than 30 - my eyes have different prescriptions and I'd asked about both - but they'd still not be cheap enough to make up for losing the free tests and glasses discount that being on the payment plan with Boots gives me.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't had my eyes checked for a few years which is naughty I know. I went to Boots last time as well. Are they still doing those free eye test vouchers?
    I always thought that the lens solutions were a bit expensive in costco and was cheaper to buy tesco's own instead at the time. However even that has a tendency to go up and down in price quite dramatically sometimes.