Getting rid of rats/mice (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• TotallyBroke
    TotallyBroke Posts: 1,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please don't use glue pads.

Why not??? please
  • adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554 Forumite
    Photogenic
    Options
    Why not??? please

They are very cruel indeed.

Fron the article linked
    Rob is less of a fan of sticky pads, which some catchers use, laying them on the ground, trapping the rats as they scamper across.
    "I've found a couple of pads with just a tail left on them, and another with a foot. How desperate has an animal got to be to gnaw its own foot off?"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-513491/The-Rat-Catcher-Meet-man-mission-rid-cat-size-beasts-outnumber-us.html#ixzz0lpXesh00

and http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html/ref=cm_cd_naredir?ie=UTF8&cdForum=FxAWQG6DQOVG1T&cdItems=25&asin=B000PKKRX0&cdThread=Tx2LGK83DPAU5XT

It's up to you but I would rather they were humanely trapped or killed quickly. I am not presuming to tell you what to do in your own house but I am asking you please.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • TotallyBroke
    Options
    They are very cruel indeed.

Fron the article linked

and http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html/ref=cm_cd_naredir?ie=UTF8&cdForum=FxAWQG6DQOVG1T&cdItems=25&asin=B000PKKRX0&cdThread=Tx2LGK83DPAU5XT

It's up to you but I would rather they were humanely trapped or killed quickly. I am not presuming to tell you what to do in your own house but I am asking you please.

Wow after reading those I think I will pick them up. The thought of having a 3 legged mouse running around the house to die somewhere is a real fear.
    I just want them gone.... this weekend is going to be a massive spring clean.
  • Equaliser123
    Equaliser123 Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    Options
    Tried for ages to get rid of a mouse in the garage.

In the end, caught him within 30 minutes with a B&Q humane mouse trap. One of those that tilts up. Released 2 miles away.

I would support the view that glue traps are absolutely abhorent and should be banned.
  • TotallyBroke
    Options
    Can they eat in one place and live in another.
    I have found evidence of shredded paper and have found they have tried to nibble my sofa but they have totally ignored the smartie that was under the sofa. I still hear it occasionally but am not seeing it. None of my food is being touched, for example my bread is on the side and so too are my breakfast cereals but I have not so much as a corner gone from either.

Could they be living in mine but feeding elsewhere. We had old communial heating ducts connecting all the flats and I guess that is where they are and they have free run of all the homes in the block. None of my traps have been activated and I have snap traps and humane ones.
  • Lexy365
    Lexy365 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    If you've purchased a house without the knowledge that the last owner had a rodent problem, ie mice, is there anything you can do? Charge the Seller for the pest control bill? Anyone else had this problem? Thanks
  • wallbash
    wallbash Posts: 17,775 Forumite
    Options
    Could you prove he knew ?

First thought , you don't stand a chance.
  • Lexy365
    Lexy365 Posts: 21 Forumite
    edited 19 May 2010 at 3:30PM
    Options
    Pest control guy said they've been there longer than 6 months for the size of them
    Also just to add - they the Seller, would of seen the poop about as well......
  • CouponWoman
    CouponWoman Posts: 6,065 Forumite
    Options
    If they had been there for a long time, then how come your surveyor did not notice them?
    If he did it shouldn't it have been mentioned in the survey?

Try asking the next door neighbour, if you can prove they did know they had a problem, I would definately send them the bill.

Someone bought a house near me and as the seller left his carpets in the house and the buyer did not want them they sent the seller the bill for a skip to remove them (and he paid).

Good luck
  • Rolandtheroadie
    Rolandtheroadie Posts: 5,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lexy365 wrote: »
    Pest control guy said they've been there longer than 6 months for the size of them

LMAO, for real? Did he check their mousie passports to check they hadnt travelled?
    I'd say not a hope in hell.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure