Great 'Cheap Tan' Hunt

Options

Comments

• Ted_Hutchinson
    Options
    lucylamb wrote:
    Teddy>>> whats that in layman's terms ????:confused:
    Perhaps this summarises the case for sunshine in layman's terms.
    [SIZE=+1]After over 20 Years of Deceit, New Evidence that Dermatologists and Sunscreen Makers Are Making Us All Disease Magnets[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Bad but widely accepted advice just might be killing you slowly if you buy into what they say about the dangers of our native sun.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]They want you to avoid sunshine... slather on chemical sunscreen if you go outside... stay indoors during peak sun hours... wear long-sleeved shirts and sunglasses even when it's not sunny... and strive to cut your sun exposure to none.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]When the sun's rays strike your skin, an amazing hormonal reaction begins. Your skin absorbs the light and uses it to make vitamin D3. Think of it as the human version of photosynthesis.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Next your liver and kidneys metabolize the vitamin D3 into an active hormone called 1, 25-dihydroxyvitamin D3. It's quite a mouthful, but this substance plays an important role in almost every system of your body. For example:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]a.. Vitamin D helps build healthy bones. Vitamin D deficiencies contribute to osteoporosis, other bone-weakening conditions, and unhealthy teeth.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]b.. Vitamin D helps keep the immune system tuned. Vitamin D deficiencies promote a number of painful autoimmune conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]c.. Vitamin D helps keep your circulatory system healthy. People with heart disease commonly have a vitamin D deficiency.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]d.. Vitamin D helps keep cells healthy. There is a link between higher rates of several deadly cancers and vitamin D deficiency. Sunlight is the best source of vitamin D available. Because of the dire warning about the sun, many doctors recommend you avoid sunlight. This well-meant advice about sun-avoidance is creating an epidemic of vitamin D deficiency.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Abide by these instructions and it could spell disaster for your health. By following their "no safe level of sun exposure" rule, you'll put yourself at higher risk for deadly cancers, heart disease and more.[/SIZE]

It is clear that lucylamb isn't able to provide recent research to back up her dangerously misleading claims.

The record for those who are really interested in the relative cancer risks of sun exposure and sun avoidance is set out here Solar ultraviolet-B exposure and cancer incidence and mortality in the United States, 1993-2002
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • lucylamb_2
    Options
    It is clear that lucylamb isn't able to provide recent research to back up her dangerously misleading claims.

The record for those who are really interested in the relative cancer risks of sun exposure and sun avoidance is set out here Solar ultraviolet-B exposure and cancer incidence and mortality in the United States, 1993-2002

>>>>.. i wouldnt have thought that 1993-2002 is recent :o
  • Ted_Hutchinson
    Options
    lucylamb wrote:
    i wouldnt have thought that 1993-2002 is recent :o
    It was Published: 10 November 2006
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • lucylamb_2
    Options
    ok, well there are always two sides to every story. I just feel that a little of both wont do anyone any harm (just like all things).

but if anyone is interested the chocolate tanning cream from natursun is worth a go, i would recommend them.

Does anyone know much teeth whitening??
  • sm00chie
    sm00chie Posts: 324 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in the process of whitening my teeth at the moment using 22% carbamide peroxide gel. I am very impressed with the results so far and have only used it 5 times!
    There is a few threads on here about teeth whitening here is one http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=356132&highlight=whitening

hope that helps, lets us know how you get on
  • lucylamb_2
    Options
    Thanks smoochie. Im looking to become a mobile therapist offering spray tanning and was doing some homework about teeth whitening. I was reading in the guild magazine which is supllied to salons that the teeth whitening industry is estimated at £600millions. And wondered if anyone would, is there a market, for someone like me offering to do this? would people go for it?:confused:
  • charlie320
    Options
    Famous Dave's Tanner gets my vote http://www.famousdave.co.uk.
    I've used it for a while now and swear by it! It doesn't have that horrible smell and doesn't make my skin orange like most others i've tried.

My natural skin colour is very pale, so i use tanner all year round and won't go anywhere near sunbeds for obvious reasons. I must have spent hundreds trying different brands by now...
  • six-ft-under
    Options
    needmoney wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone else experienced this, I used the Johnsons holiday for face and liked it but found that it darkened the fine hairs on my upper lip.:o

Sorry for going off topic, but I don't know who else to turn to. I experienced this also. Hair on my upper lip turned darker, I suspect from Dove summer glow lotion. I wonder if anyone know if they'll grow back the same colour once they fall out by themselves. I'm not a fan of tweezing or waxing... Thx...:o
  • christymm
    christymm Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    tesco own brand is £1.60 and seems to be ok worth a try
  • froggy_girl128
    Options
    christymm wrote: »
    tesco own brand is £1.60 and seems to be ok worth a try

Which branch?
    Non near me have any own brand self tan and I cant find it on the website.
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport