🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

SAR Request's

Options

Comments

• Innocent_Guy
    Innocent_Guy Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Options
    bert&ernie wrote: »
    they were touting for business - giving away free credit reports and promotional tat.
    Ohh when was this?
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • bert&ernie
    bert&ernie Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    Options
    Ohh when was this?

Oh, ages ago - not long after they started I think.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
  • Innocent_Guy
    Options
    bert&ernie wrote: »
    Oh, ages ago - not long after they started I think.
    Oh ok, I take it Callcredit are not that old then
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000

• young_victor_meldrew
    Options
    Callcredit are an absolutley awful company to deal with, I have had an ongoing problem with them - they don't answer letters and treat people like fools.

Their advertising is misleading "free 3 month trial" but you get charged straight away, when they were unable to provide me with my credit file they made up some baloney that I wasn't on the electoral roll, then, had the audacity to claim that they had a record of my name but in the wrong order!

So my local authority gave Experian and Equifax the right details and CallCredit the wrong details?

Asked for a refund and they said that the £12 was for "admin and set up of my account" - what bleeding account? there isn't an account!

Got my money back by proving to my Credit Card company that they conned me! - Have made a complaint to the ASA about their misleading advert - perhaps a few more MSE forum users should do the same so they get a nice slap on the wrist!
    Official SOS Club number 011 - Dry until 17/11/2009
  • Innocent_Guy
    Options
    Callcredit are an absolutley awful company to deal with, I have had an ongoing problem with them - they don't answer letters and treat people like fools.

Their advertising is misleading "free 3 month trial" but you get charged straight away, when they were unable to provide me with my credit file they made up some baloney that I wasn't on the electoral roll, then, had the audacity to claim that they had a record of my name but in the wrong order!

So my local authority gave Experian and Equifax the right details and CallCredit the wrong details?

Asked for a refund and they said that the £12 was for "admin and set up of my account" - what bleeding account? there isn't an account!

Got my money back by proving to my Credit Card company that they conned me! - Have made a complaint to the ASA about their misleading advert - perhaps a few more MSE forum users should do the same so they get a nice slap on the wrist!

This is true mate at first they said they couldn't provide me with a credit report as they could not verify my identity via the ER

• never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    I've had a reply from N Hunter. Will upload images of letter tomorrow but in the main, when you get a SAR from them the only words that matter are 'Applicant Refer'. If this status shows anywhere on your SAR then that member has added a warning and this means any other lenders can ring the original member for their reasons.

In my case, RBS have added me and each time I apply for something and the lenders is a Hunters member, they ring RBS Fraud Dept and they get told the reason why RBS think i'm dodgy. So its quite shocking to say the least!

Ok, moving forward, the data is held for a period of 6mths and only Applicant Refer data remains for 6yrs, aswith CRA's.

To get the alert removed, you need to go to the original member, in my case RBS.

Hope this helps, will update more tomorrow to explain the full processes to everyone....
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've had a reply from N Hunter. Will upload images of letter tomorrow but in the main, when you get a SAR from them the only words that matter are 'Applicant Refer'. If this status shows anywhere on your SAR then that member has added a warning and this means any other lenders can ring the original member for their reasons.

In my case, RBS have added me and each time I apply for something and the lenders is a Hunters member, they ring RBS Fraud Dept and they get told the reason why RBS think i'm dodgy. So its quite shocking to say the least!

Ok, moving forward, the data is held for a period of 6mths and only Applicant Refer data remains for 6yrs, aswith CRA's.

To get the alert removed, you need to go to the original member, in my case RBS.

Hope this helps, will update more tomorrow to explain the full processes to everyone....

Crimps. Can't wait to see that.
  • Innocent_Guy
    Options

Ohh I must check when I get home if I have this showing, where abouts on the report will it be?

• never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    Ohh I must check when I get home if I have this showing, where abouts on the report will it be?

in the address field, it would say either Address / Employer / Previous Address OR if its bad, it would say: Address / Employer / Applicant Refer

These are the headers mate, in the middle section of report....
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • Innocent_Guy
    Options
    in the address field, it would say either Address / Employer / Previous Address OR if its bad, it would say: Address / Employer / Applicant Refer

These are the headers mate, in the middle section of report....

Will have a butchers later...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills