We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Pizza Express Vouchers Discussion

Options

Comments

• Micky_Monkey
    Options
    Steff wrote: »
    I would like to second both of Summer's comments. My favourite Pizza Express pizza was, historically American Hot (with extra mushrooms) HOWEVER, this has now been replaced by the ETNA on the new romana base - mmmmmmmmmmm - delish!!! Its even spicier if you add chilli oil and pepper!

Secondly, again, completely agree with comments RE Strada & Ask (havent tried Zizzi's yet) - the service and ambience at Strada/Ask is much more of a "night out" (or lunch out etc) whereas I liken Pizza Express to one up from fast food..... No complaints at all - its just not a fancy celebratory restauranty place (although I have celebrated a few occasions there - but Im not that fussy!!). The one we tend to frequent on Street Lane in Roundhay, Leeds, West Yorkshire is usually full of young children/babies (nothing against them at all) but you dont get the same amount in Strada!

Still a great place to go though and I wouldnt pass up a meal from there!

Steff;)
    Hey Steff, I'll look out for you on Street Lane and at The Curry Lounge.Cool x
  • Micky_Monkey
    Options
    :confused:
    Those hot ones are best
  • Phoolgrrrl
    Phoolgrrrl Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can use 2 orange wednesday vouchers for a table of 4? It would be 2 dif codes.
  • clairep101
    Options
    I might be being paranoid, but we used the Pizza Express 2 for 1 voucher this eve, and our pizzas seemed smaller than those of someone on another table. We saw someone else get smaller pizzas too.

I checked very briefly on the menu on the way out, and I couldn't see different sized pizzas mentioned.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is there a simple explanation?
  • marklv
    marklv Posts: 1,768 Forumite
    Options
    Hugely disappointed by Pizza Express. Service is chronically slow, the pizzas are tiny - and the larger Romana base costs an extra £1.20! Prices are high as well and the choice of starters ridiculous. And wine costs a bomb too.

I much prefer Strada or Zizzi.
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    clairep101 wrote: »
    I might be being paranoid, but we used the Pizza Express 2 for 1 voucher this eve, and our pizzas seemed smaller than those of someone on another table. We saw someone else get smaller pizzas too.

I checked very briefly on the menu on the way out, and I couldn't see different sized pizzas mentioned.

Since you don't even have to mention the two for one voucher until you ask for the bill, how would they have known? Every time I've mentioned a voucher in advance, they've just said wait until the end, so I don't mention it any more.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • KevinG
    Options
    marklv wrote: »
    Hugely disappointed by Pizza Express. Service is chronically slow, the pizzas are tiny - and the larger Romana base costs an extra £1.20! Prices are high as well and the choice of starters ridiculous. And wine costs a bomb too.

I much prefer Strada or Zizzi.
    Well we had a great meal there this week, fantastic service, good food and we tried the new Leggera pizzas, which are tasty but maybe not such good value. They were very keen to hear what we thought of them and, when my wife wasn't 100% complimentary (her topping stopped rather too far short of the edge) we got a massive discount on the bill even after using a 2 for 1 voucher.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • zenmaster
    zenmaster Posts: 3,151 Forumite
    Options
    clairep101 wrote: »

We went yesterday and I thought the same. All the tables round us seemed to receive larger pizzas.
    KevinG wrote: »
    Since you don't even have to mention the two for one voucher until you ask for the bill, how would they have known? Every time I've mentioned a voucher in advance, they've just said wait until the end, so I don't mention it any more.
    I believe it states on the voucher to mention it up front but I probably would have done so anyway as I wasn't sure they would accept them on a bank holiday.

I thought it was OK but wouldn't rush back, especially at £6 for a beer.
  • KevinG
    Options
    zenmaster wrote: »
    We went yesterday and I thought the same. All the tables round us seemed to receive larger pizzas.
    Romana pizzas, perhaps? They have bigger bases. Anyway, I'm sure this is just pure paranoia - I have certainly never noticed any such thing, even when mentioning a voucher up front (which I now don't anyway). Had another 2 for 1 freebie yesterday - delicious!
  • RobTG
    RobTG Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    The Romana bases are much bigger, but thinner and crispier too. After much experimenting I think the standard bases are tastier!

Was put off Pizza Express for a while, some pretty rubbish service dissapointed. However the Orange Wednesdays tempted me back, and service way better than before.

Might be coincidence but my local Pizza Expresses had been suffering the past 6 months from competition (and probably bad reputation for service) and seemed empty most of the time. Since the vouchers came out they're far busier, and will more likely keep cusotmers with the better service. I'm still not their biggest fan, but with the discount it's quality pizza (and dough balls!) for cheap.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport