We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Pizza Express Vouchers Discussion

Options

Comments

• jannyjamjar
    Options
    Anyone else find that they don't let you use 2 for 1 on piccolo meals (kids)?
  • icookalot4u
    icookalot4u Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Michelle viewpost.gif
    Thought I would try out the 2 for 1 pizza on saturday lunchtime. three children and two adults - one of the children had a kids meal at £5.95 and we all had a soft drink. the Bill came to £55 - FOR PIZZA!!! after deducting the 2 for 1 voucher it was still in excess of £40.

Personally I won't be going there again, four bits of chicken and a smidgen of cheese on my pizza - i was incredibly disappointed and to be honest rather shocked at the price.

I think if I worked out the production costs compared to the retail cost, I would be tempted to set up my own pizza parlour.

Hubby calls it a bit of dough, cheese and tomato - bit like a sandwich.

Moneysaving - even with two for one, that's stretching it rather.

I will definitely be giving it a wide berth in future!

Sorry to be a grump!

Mikki x

When we go as a family and use the 241 vouchers we all order adult meals and then we all get 241 its cheaper than a kids meal and order a jug of tap water and glasses, the drinks are the dear part of the meal and probably why they do the 241 to get you in and tempt you to buy drinks, dessert and coffee. We always have a good night and can be not much dearer than cooking at home.
  • moneylearnerC
    Options
    When I register for the voiuchers the pictures don't show. Anybody else had any problems re this?
  • Mac_The_Kinfe
    Options
    Great, I had head that PE had done 2 for 1's before but in my laziness had never taken advantage - my registering on MMS is a new beginning for me, no laziness now - I am determined to become a converted money saver - I am going to PE with the wife to get the 2 4 1 - this is my first experience of this type of money saving and I intend to enjoy it!!! Sloppy Guiseppi here I come!!!
  • bootman
    bootman Posts: 1,985 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just came back from PE. Used a 2 4 1 and a £10 gift card that Boden sent to me when i ordered a cheap top.

My total bill came to £2.50 for me to pay and we had 2 cokes as well, Great price!
  • morgy
    morgy Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Just came back from PE near the Lowry in Manchester since Didsbury was full when tried to make reservation. When entered they told us that due to unforseen lack of staff it could take 45 min. for our food to arrive so we had the option to leave. They didn't need to tell us! In the end the food came fast and was very good. The 241 worked fine and we had a really nice and quite cheap evening out. My 7-year old loved it!
  • ali1972
    ali1972 Posts: 599 Forumite
    Options
    jules1964 wrote: »
    I thought the 2 4 1 pizza express deal was only Sunday to Friday??

Thats what is says in the terms and conditions so I think you were lucky to get any money off on a Saturday lunchtime!!!

I think the ones on the back of Odeon Cinema tickets are unrestricted. I've had a few of these when I've picked up tickets from the prepaid ticket machine at Odeon Marble Arch. Each ticket has 2 "2for1" vouchers and 2 "£10 off when spending £30" vouchers on the back and they are valid for a month from the date on the ticket.
    Yeah, whatever. I'm a grown up, I can take it...
  • ali1972
    ali1972 Posts: 599 Forumite
    Options
    upsadaisy wrote: »
    The caffe reale was the best dessert. Baby figs in syrup over marscapone served with your choice of coffee. Now its been replace by semifreddo. The semifreddo is not the best I've ever had. And it varies in different pizza express by the temperature of their freezer.

Agreed! And fortunately they have listened and put the baby figs back on the new menu!:j
    Yeah, whatever. I'm a grown up, I can take it...
  • trishdelish
    Options
    I'm off to Dublin in a couple of weeks and know that Pizza Express is known as 'Milano' over there. Does anyone know where I can get a 50% off/buy one get one free or similiar voucher that will be valid in this location? I hope somone can help! Cheers! x (actually if anyone knows of an Irish 'moneysavingexpert' type of website that would also be a great help!)
  • heasandford
    heasandford Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    and I haven't received my £10 voucher from the Times - do they think that all their 2 for 1s means they dont have to bother?????
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport