Options

Comments

• Eric_Pisch
    Eric_Pisch Posts: 8,720 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    Product safety testing
    Watchdog took a brand new Actifry to a product safety testing laboratory to find out what went wrong. With our new Actifry, the lab replicated six month's use, in just three days and everything seemed to work fine. However, when the scientists simulated a fan failure - which they say is one of the most common faults in products like this - the Actifry should have been able to cope just fine, but within seconds it was on fire.

To be fair, if that's what they had to do to simulate a fan failure (which seemed to occur all by itself with some frequency) then I don't see the problem.

they explained they did more than just that and it does not catch fire either, there are no flames the plastic around the element melts and smoulders (its fire retardant plastic) and gives of smoke, about the same amount as a when you blow out a large candle, mines had over 200 uses without an issue

feardog is as bad as the daily mail now, i watched it this week and the bald one was doing everything he could to get this electrician to yell "run its dangerous we are all going to die" when in reality the only real issue was a slight hole in a box (big deal unless you have kiddies) and he used internal grade cable (which may degrade over the next 15 years lol), i rewired my first house 15 years ago and its still there :p

there just scammers trying to spread fear
  • sweetserendipity
    sweetserendipity Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    Woohoo, lots of posts!! :j And funny pics too!! :rotfl:

mazzers, hope you're feeling better after all of that :D Anyway peeps, don't believe a word of her saying she's ugly, I've seen a pic & she's gorgeous & glamorous!! Unless that was her smaller, better looking sister of course!! :think::p

Weird coincidence with the Shrek pic btw, my kids made chocolate truffles out of the Shrek cookbook yesterday. I was thinking of posting the recipe because they must be pretty low-carb (just dark chocolate, double cream & cocoa for dusting). I might have sampled 1 or 3 :whistle:

Anyway, I was just going to google this actifry gadget thingy but hubby wants the lappy so will have to look later.
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    edited 3 May 2010 at 4:35PM
    Options
    Woohoo, lots of posts!! :j And funny pics too!! :rotfl:

mazzers, hope you're feeling better after all of that :D Anyway peeps, don't believe a word of her saying she's ugly, I've seen a pic & she's gorgeous & glamorous!! Unless that was her smaller, better looking sister of course!! :think::p

Weird coincidence with the Shrek pic btw, my kids made chocolate truffles out of the Shrek cookbook yesterday. I was thinking of posting the recipe because they must be pretty low-carb (just dark chocolate, double cream & cocoa for dusting). I might have sampled 1 or 3 :whistle:

Anyway, I was just going to google this actifry gadget thingy but hubby wants the lappy so will have to look later.

I do feel better actually, more positive as everyone here is so supportive :) and btw the FB pic is a year old, and altho its not great, i have deteriorated considerably :p

Thanks Eric for the reply, do you use fitday or some such thing to get your percentages? if not, how :question: i'm rubbish at things like that.

I was a bit put off by the actifry smoking, i found a forum where it had happened loads of times but it is only a small percentage compared to sales of the product.

I made lovely oven chips with much less oil ( prob only a teaspoon and i didnt par boil them either ) and they were fab. I have decided for now to try to eat normally but healthily and see what happens.

Am struggling to cut out chocolate as i have eaten so much of late, unusual for me, was all the stress, thats my excuse anyway!
  • mazzers
    Options
    Phew.. been on the crosstrainer.

If i cant sort the diet, i must try to exercise at least :)

Thought i'd do 15 mins a day, six days a week for now until i build up a bit.
  • sweetserendipity
    sweetserendipity Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    If i cant sort the diet, i must try to exercise at least :)

That's what I'm starting to think as well :think:

My youngest DD is running the race for life in a few weeks time & I'm thinking about doing the training with her (but not the race) as moral support & to get a bit of exercise myself. I could only do it if I had an extremely supportive sports bra though!! :o (any advice/recommendations from anyone gratefully received :D)

mazzers, good luck with the cross trainer, I think you'll see a difference quite quickly if you're doing it 6 days a week.
  • ~daisy~_2
    ~daisy~_2 Posts: 2,566 Forumite
    Options
    freya sports bras :)

theres a lovely lady on here called blue monkey - am sure youve prolly seen her posts around the board - has a lingerie site and ive bought my freyas from her - amongst other bras
    i got mine on a great offer but even at full price they are the best sports bras ive worn - even beat shock absorber imo :)

am thinking of trying slimming world......
    :j MFi3 wannabee :j
    mortgage owing 04.07 £36,000
    mortgage owing 07.10 £0 !!!!
  • mazzers
    Options
    That's what I'm starting to think as well :think:

My youngest DD is running the race for life in a few weeks time & I'm thinking about doing the training with her (but not the race) as moral support & to get a bit of exercise myself. I could only do it if I had an extremely supportive sports bra though!! :o (any advice/recommendations from anyone gratefully received :D)

mazzers, good luck with the cross trainer, I think you'll see a difference quite quickly if you're doing it 6 days a week.

Well thats the plan anyway, it'll only be for 15 mins tho.
    My right arm went all weird earlier, did the same thing when i walked to work rather briskly last week, hope i dont have a pull when i'm on there, i'd crack the tiles if i fell :D
    ~daisy~ wrote: »
    freya sports bras :)

theres a lovely lady on here called blue monkey - am sure youve prolly seen her posts around the board - has a lingerie site and ive bought my freyas from her - amongst other bras
    i got mine on a great offer but even at full price they are the best sports bras ive worn - even beat shock absorber imo :)

am thinking of trying slimming world......

It's very good Daisy, i recommend it, i would never lose on 'green' days as the carbs are too high, but i had a lot of success with red days, i'd do it again but i cant seem to limit my carbs anymore, it's all or nothing :(
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    Options
    Yoo hoo........*waves*. Bit p*ssed tonight. :rotfl: I figure since I'm not really eating, a few cals and carbs from the good old rose can olny be a good thing. :D

How's the teeth maz? :D
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • mazzers
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    Yoo hoo........*waves*. Bit p*ssed tonight. :rotfl: I figure since I'm not really eating, a few cals and carbs from the good old rose can olny be a good thing. :D

How's the teeth maz? :D

Taken me three hours to clean em, used the pressure washer :D
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    Taken me three hours to clean em, used the pressure washer :D

I laughed out loud at that. :rotfl:
    Herman - MP for all! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors