Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Hi peeps :D

Feeling better tonight, decided not to go walking today to see if that makes a difference with my old hips!! :o

mazzers/Dobie, I don't like the thought of those memory foam toppers - I just think I'll sink into them like the Absorbaloff (?) character on Dr. Who!! :rotfl: Gers will know what I mean if no-one else does!! :D
    I have been told that they are really comfy though so will have to think about getting one, especially if they help with my aching hips!!

Honestly, i couldnt walk properly in the mornings i was so stiff, i had to slowly sink into a chair with a cuppa til my back loosened up, everyone took the mick as i was like an old pensioner, but now, i can touch my toes first thing in the morning, the change is unbelievable.
    I did find it a bit warm at first and thought it would be too hot in summer but i soon got used to it and now find it so cozy and comfy, and it isn't too hot at all. I have one on every bed now icon14.gif
  • HanSpan
    HanSpan Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Dobie, the stupid thing is I've bought the 85% before & it ended up in the bin because it was too strong, what was I thinking :(:doh:

Don't chuck it again! OH has a fab recipi for chocolate pots that involves double cream and chocolate and nowt else (unless you feel decadent and add some booze soaked raisins). It basically involves boiling double cream, whisking in broken up chocolate then pouring into pots and cooling (too room tep on the side then fridge). Its heaven and, with all the cream, might be OK for you if you prefer less strong chocolate. I'll try and get him to find the recipe.
  • HanSpan
    Options
    Dobie wrote: »
    I second this Mazzers. We bought one a couple of years ago & it made a huge difference to our aches & pains. Definitely old age in our case. :D
    methree or so - although I went the whole hog and bought a full tempur mattress. Cost an arm and a leg but worth every penny. The only downside is the horror of having to sleep on anything else when I'm away, I've become like the princess and the pea - I can feel every spring, button, lump or bump in regular mattresses.
    My back is totally FUBAR so I can't claim to wake up full of bounce but I can actually move which is a miracle!
  • HanSpan
    Options
    Erythritol
    Mercy wrote: »

I've not tried this yet but have heard great things. Doesn't have the laxative effect of polyols for the vast majority, I believe. Would invest but there's so little I use sweeteners in that it hasn't proved worth it yet.

MXXX

I don't find it has any of those effects, mind you I eat a fair bit of 'ols' so I think I've become quite resistant. If you don't want a whole packet and are willing to divulge your address, PM me and I'll send you an envelope with a few TBSP in to try if you like.
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    HanSpan wrote: »
    methree or so - although I went the whole hog and bought a full tempur mattress. Cost an arm and a leg but worth every penny. The only downside is the horror of having to sleep on anything else when I'm away, I've become like the princess and the pea - I can feel every spring, button, lump or bump in regular mattresses.
    My back is totally FUBAR so I can't claim to wake up full of bounce but I can actually move which is a miracle!

Ooh, a tempur mattress, you lucky thing ;)
  • HanSpan
    Options
    HanSpan wrote: »
    Don't chuck it again! OH has a fab recipi for chocolate pots that involves double cream and chocolate and nowt else (unless you feel decadent and add some booze soaked raisins). It basically involves boiling double cream, whisking in broken up chocolate then pouring into pots and cooling (too room tep on the side then fridge). Its heaven and, with all the cream, might be OK for you if you prefer less strong chocolate. I'll try and get him to find the recipe.

Spose I should have guessed - he's no idea where the actual recipie is but says if you have a whole bar of chocolate use a pint of double cream!

Break up the chocolate (needs to be small peices say 1cm sq)
    put cream in a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil
    take off heat
    throw in chocolate and stir till its even coloured and there's no bits
    pour into pots
    leave to cool then put in fridge.

It will be middle of a truffle textured and VERY rich so you don't need much, although I can eat quite a lot ;)

If you only want to try with a smaller amount you can just scale it down but you need a small pan so you don't burn the cream.

Enjoy!
  • linni
    linni Posts: 1,480 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone. Today I'm having the yoghurt/flaxseeds, eggs/cheese and chicken/brocolli/cheese. I'm so glad I can still have the Lidl Greek 10% yoghurt as I love it! Should I limit the amount I eat or can I have lots? I had a really bad craving yesterday and had to test a Aldi chocolate reindeer but I felt really sickly afterwards. Serves me right. I'm going to try and add another small meal/snack today to stop the hunger/cravings. I think this lousy weather doesn't help.
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Feeling rough again this morning :(

But perked right up when I saw that chocolate recipe, HanSpan, especially the bit about the boozy raisins!! :rotfl: Sounds very naughty, but soooooo nice!! :D

Had a better night sleep last night, at least my hips weren't aching, still woke up loads of times though, but that's par for the course these days. :rolleyes: Actually went back to sleep after the alarm this morning, wish I hadn't because I dreamt of Go Ape highwires & felt sick & dizzy in real life as I hate heights. _pale_

Think I'll have to start saving up for one of these memory foam thingies, need a new bed anyway so might go the full hog. DD1 could probably do with one as well as she complains her mattress gives her a bad back - she's only 14!!

Already had a pre-breakfast chocolate bun with cream :o but my menu for today:
    B - 3 chipolata sausages
    L - 2 low-carb crispbreads with butter & cheese
    D - to be decided but may have a cheese & mushroom omelette with cauli mash/cabbage

Have a good day everyone, my DD2 is off poorly today, she's been ill on & off for weeks :( so do wonder if that's why I'm feeling off, maybe she's passed her lurgy onto me. :wave:
  • stickypudding
    Options
    Morning Guys

Well I did do the exercise dvd in the end, though I'm shattered now!!

Todays food is:- Breakfast toast with pate
    Lunch is a use up of salami, cheese beetroot and a few salad bits
    Tea is spag bol (without the spag) with extra cheese and veggies

It's weigh day on friday (haven't done it for 2 weeks as I had a major blow out a couple weeks ago now so thought I would wait while I got back on the wagon) and am hoping that I have lost a little, we'll see.

Hope everyone has a good day x :D
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    linni, I wish I had a Lidl near me, I feel like I'm missing out on this Greek yoghurt!! :rolleyes:

Our weather is lousy today as well, I'm craving soup so think I might make some in the next couple of days, tis lovely with a blob of creme fraiche in, very comforting. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure