Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SHEILA54 wrote: »
    alias - I also get ratty sometimes and think that it is could be diet related. If I eat something with fat, or that I enjoy, it seems to help. Also, if you are feeling deprived of food then that doesn't help either. My suggestion would be to write down your favourite foods and then we can try to add/ adapt them. Don't give up just yet ;)

I don't feel deprived (on the whole) though. Low carbing is the only time I don't feel 'starving'. :undecided (Even if I do make out on here that I'm a starving Biafran, lol.)

I said in a previous post somewhere that food 'calms' me so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that it could also be tweaked to have the opposite effect.

Oh I don't know, I'm just fed up of never feeling normal like everyone else, I'm sick of constantly moaning about something or other. I never used to be like this. I just often feel like........'aaaaaargggghhhh', iyswim. I know it's not all diet related but I can't help feeling it plays a part.

Ach just ignore me, I'll be fine soon enough. :)
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Minihauk - I am glad that you enjoyed your day out. Makes one humble when you see what can be achieved. :)

alias - stop apologising, it isn't necessary, just start believing in yourself and take one day at a time :D
  • aliasojo
    Options
    daska wrote: »
    Alias - didn't you low-carb successfully before? is it possibly just that you lack the motivation to keep going long enough to adapt properly?

Sorry daska, missed this before.

I lost 3st whilst low carbing previously but to be fair, it was a number of years ago now.

I think things change (metabolism/effects on your body etc) when you get older.

I don't think (but who knows?) motivation is less this time around, if anything I was more determined when I started because of my serious health worries.

I do feel more 'affected' this time round though. :undecided I don't seem as able to 'adapt'.
  • daska
    daska Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    Sorry daska, missed this before.

I lost 3st whilst low carbing previously but to be fair, it was a number of years ago now.

I think things change (metabolism/effects on your body etc) when you get older.

I don't think (but who knows?) motivation is less this time around, if anything I was more determined when I started because of my serious health worries.

I do feel more 'affected' this time round though. :undecided I don't seem as able to 'adapt'.

Please stop saying sorry :rotfl:

Just a thought but could it be an aspect of your poor health (rather than motivation) that's impeding you. Perhaps your body striving for a nutrient that it isn't getting/processing effectively. Are you eating nutrient dense foods and avoiding inflammatory ones etc.
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants - Michael Pollan
    48 down, 22 to go
    Low carb, low oxalate Primal + dairy
    From size 24 to 16 and now stuck...
  • aliasojo
    Options
    daska wrote: »
    Please stop saying sorry :rotfl:

Just a thought but could it be an aspect of your poor health (rather than motivation) that's impeding you. Perhaps your body striving for a nutrient that it isn't getting/processing effectively. Are you eating nutrient dense foods and avoiding inflammatory ones etc.

But I'm good at it. :rotfl:

As for the foods I think I was being quite good and quite balanced.

I try to vary between chicken/steak/fish/'allowed' veg.

*shrugs* I'm getting tired always 'struggling' these days, it just seems so much harder than it did before.

The wine's not even having the same effect as it used to....I'm on the 2nd bottle and I can still spell. :rotfl::rotfl:
  • MrPearlyWhite
    Options
    Hope that effective in losing weight :D
  • aliasojo
    Options
    Hope that effective in losing weight :D

And I hope you get banned before you get a chance to spam. :kisses3: :D
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Morning :hello:

Absolutely beautiful here this morning :D

Mercy & Jerry, well done on the whoopsies, I think I need to start hunting down bargains because my food bill this week was astronomical!! :eek: Nearly £190 in just one week!! :eek: Most of that was my LCing stuff _pale_

Mini, I caught the end of the Ellie Simmonds race on TV - wow - I was crying with her when she won!!

alias, hope you're feeling cheerier this morning?? Hangover?? ;) I don't think I've noticed any irritability that I can attribute to LCing?? I get a bit 'Mrs. Angry' if I'm really hungry, but I try not to get to that 'going mad with the hunger' stage, and I would get like that if I was eating 'normally' anyway & was desperate for food. Low blood sugar perhaps??

Meals for today:

B1 - greek yoghurt & flaxseed (can't decide if I like this or not :o)
    B2 - 3 piggies in blankets, button mushrooms, baby plum tomatoes
    L - 2 buttered GG crispbreads with cheese savoury
    D - roast chick, cauli, green beans, buttery leeks, creamy mushroom sauce

I didn't have my lunch until 4pm yesterday as I was so full from brekkie. Had a couple of glasses of dry white wine last night (that tasted really sweet - have my tastebuds changed??) but that's the last of the wine for the next 8 weeks.

Exercise - minimum 30 minutes walking & as many push-ups as I can manage as I didn't do any yesterday.

Have a good LC day everyone :wave:
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 September 2012 at 9:55AM
    Options
    Hi :wave:

sweet - you are doing well and being really positive, so pleased. I am not keen on yogurt with flax but it is nice if you get the flax / seed / gojo berry mix. Sometimes I also add a tbsp low sugar jelly. I make one up and it lasts a week but it does contain aspartame, which I try to avoid.

alias - I hope that today is better for you. Please don't apologise as we all go up and down, life isn't perfect :D

Well I managed to get by on 29 carbs yesterday but it was hard when I am used to 50. No chocolate, nuts except one almond pancake that I allowed for. I am sure that I will get used to it and it will be worth it if it works. Exercise: 25 push ups form the worktop, an hour and a half chopping back the overgrown trees and vegetation in my garden.

Overcast here but hope to do some more gardening. It looks quite good weather wise this week, which makes a change.

breakfast - scrambled egg and 20g smoked salmon
    snack - greek yogurt with 1 dsp flax / seed mixture
    lunch - half avocado, cheese, cucumber and coleslaw
    dinner - chicken / gammon with veg. Cooking for family but hope to have leftovers for salad in the week.

Lidl have turkey breast steaks at half price this weekend so hope to get some. I want to dip in egg and cover in parmesan to make a crust as I had chicken this way when out a while back and it was yummy ;)

Have a good day :)
  • AudreyHepburn_2
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    But I'm good at it. :rotfl:

" and the Gold for apology goes to... :-)

JoJo, have you ever tried St john's Wort tablets? There are "contraindications" ie skin rashes due to sunlight/do not take with certain meds. but I have found they have helped with "mood" in the past.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure