Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• Minihauk
    Minihauk Posts: 523 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Great news Murphy, will things start to move for you now?

Jo - well done on the loss.

Audrey - what is your compliance, please? Do you mean sticking to whatever plan you are following??

I made the nut clusters last night, but they didn't cluster, so I have a slab of nutty chocolate with coconut oil. I'm sure it will taste the same.

I'm eating two GG crackers a day at the moment, with butter and cheese, and they are really filling me so no temptation to overeat.
  • AudreyHepburn_2
    Options
    Hi Mimihauk!

"Compliance" for me means not more than 1350 calories per day with fewer than 100g carbs, at least 30g fibre. I am aiming for Dr D stylee diet.

300 mins walk!!!! Yup, I meant 30 :-)
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I hope this isn't going to be controversial but have any of you ladies/gents tried the alternate day fast diet in conjunction with low carb? My brother sent me an email to say he had started this after watching the Horizon programme. He has bad issues with his weight, needs to lose fat from his stomach and finds it hard to diet but he can do this easily. He says he has lost 8lbs already.

I have watched the programme and am starting it today.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• durham_mim
    durham_mim Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So pleased about the bank Murphy.

Well done on the weight loss Alias.

I weighed in this morning as am going away tomorrow. Unfortunately I have put on 1lb. TOTM is approaching so that may be why, I will just have to be careful whilst in Scotland, I don't want to undo all the good work.

I have lost 0.5" each off my waist, hips and bust so not all bad news.
    Weight loss 0/2st
    Inch loss = 0"

Slow & Steady 3
  • Minihauk
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification Durham, I can't count calories (or rather cba) so I try to stick with lc and not worry too much.
    I know I fall occasionally but tend to prefer lc than eating carp anyway so usually manage to haul my sorry a** back on.
  • Gray_Malkin
    Options
    tesuhoha wrote: »
    I hope this isn't going to be controversial but have any of you ladies/gents tried the alternate day fast diet in conjunction with low carb? My brother sent me an email to say he had started this after watching the Horizon programme. He has bad issues with his weight, needs to lose fat from his stomach and finds it hard to diet but he can do this easily. He says he has lost 8lbs already.

I have watched the programme and am starting it today.

I looked into this once when i read about on another forum. I decided it looked a bit difficult for me (if I know I can't eat I turn ravenous), but since then I've heard it's not recommended for women anyway.
    I missed the Horizon programme though, so you probably know more about it than me. :o
  • Minihauk
    Options
    I looked into this once when i read about on another forum. I decided it looked a bit difficult for me (if I know I can't eat I turn ravenous), but since then I've heard it's not recommended for women anyway.
    I missed the Horizon programme though, so you probably know more about it than me. :o

I find that if I actually lc properly I don't feel so hungry. I just need to listen to my body.
  • murphydog999
    murphydog999 Posts: 1,598 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tesuhoha wrote: »

Hi, as minihauk says - and I totally agree - you do eat a lot less (because you are easily sated with more fat and less carbs) when you follow LC principles. (Excuse the previous days posts however, it was the weather :o )

I'm sure the fasting principle would be easier to do on LC - less cravings - and unless you have any medical issues, probably quite easy to do. What I wouldn't do is start both at the same time.

Adapt to LC first (min 1 month) see how you/he feel and try the fasting if you feel the need.

NB. I am presuming many things, because you don't say if he is doing both together, thinking about it, whether you are thinking about it, or just fasting, or LC'ing!!!
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options

You can still watch the Horizon programme on You Tube = Horizon alternate day fast will bring it up. You have to watch it in four parts.

I am a woman and I watched it with an open mind out of interest. However, by the time I had watched it I was committed to it. I think I will find it easier to do than other methods. You are allowed to eat on fast days, up to 600 calories for men and 500 calories for women. I am starting to think I am one of those people who cannot lose weight no matter what I do but I have a lot to shift from around my waist and stomach. On the programme it does not mention that it is not recommended for women. I am doing this mainly for health reasons as I am worried about my waist fat, bloating etc.

My brother is combining a low carb diet with his fasting. I'll let you know how we both get on.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• Jerryjerryjerry
    Options
    Hi All.. having a great day. Have done exercise and a dog walk as well!

Lunch: Scrambled eggs and mushrooms. (just a very small squirt of ketchup - not lc)
    Snacks: cheese and celery sticks with cream cheese
    Dinner ?... hmm. DH is making Pizza. I will probably have sausages and tomatoes. Easy and quick.

Waves to all. Its FRIDAY! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport