Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• Jerryjerryjerry
    Options
    Oh my god. Ive eaten and eaten today. can't seem to get full! Its been raining all day long. Hate this weather. Have had enough rain to last me a lifetime... as i'm sure most of us have!

I've eaten 3 boiled eggs, 3 lumps of cheddar, 1 stuffed mackeral, a six pack of sliced ham! an apple, an avacado on its own and i'm starving! Can not wait to have dinner.. which will be gammon and eggs. DH is having beans with his.
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 August 2012 at 7:01PM
    Options
    Seems that some of us are a bit hungry today ;) I have had 1 egg, 1 sausage, 2 lumps cheese, 2 pieces cucumber, 6 pieces chocolate 70%, 1 tsp peanut butter, 1 low carb chocolate cake, handful nuts, yogurt with flax / seed and 3 cups decaff coffee :eek:

It may be low carb but I haven't had dinner yet :D

murphydog - hope that you hear soon

Minihauk - glad to have you back; please stay.

Jerry - well done with the exercise

sweet - keep it up, you can do it

alias - in your own time. Maybe CBT will help

avstar, durham_mim, daska, Mercy, Gray Malkin, andrewsmum and those who are really doing well and not overeating - congratulations on your willpower, please send some my way!!!
  • marrbett
    marrbett Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh, it started so well....
    B-eggs, haloumi, mushrooms
    L-homemade veg soup
    Snack- 1 flake and 1 twirl :eek::eek:(what on earth happened???)

Ah well, it was delicious.
    Sneeks off ,mumbling to self about backsliding.
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Jerry, loved that post about your experience with CBT, it was really interesting & I'm going to try replacing negative thoughts with positive thoughts in future :T

Mini, welcome back & good luck :D

murphy, I didn't know there was a routine maker on the wii so thanks for that :)

SHEILA, I've had a 'hungry' day as well :o Stuck to the menu plan though.

marrbett, I've told my family that I'm not buying cakes & biscuits etc. so the cupboards are bare & no temptation for me, it's the only way I can do it.

I've been to Holland & Barrett & got my milled flaxseed - got one the same as SHEILA & one cocoa/berries. Also been to Lidl & bought their bucket of greek yoghurt & will start having the yog/flaxseed combo first thing on a morning.

Exercise - does stomping around in a mood count?? :o Done 20 push-ups & will do another 20 later.

I've fallen out with hubby because he sent me a text message (that I couldn't read because I was driving) instead of phoning one of my DDs (who were in the car with me) telling me that my Dad needed some items urgently. I couldn't read the message until I got home & I had to turn round & go back out again to the same place I'd just come from!! :mad: I was furious!! And hungry!! And there's no messing with a hungry sweet!! :rotfl: Now he's in a mood because I got annoyed with him!! Grrrrr!! :wall:
  • murphydog999
    murphydog999 Posts: 1,598 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The hunger thing seems to be catching, I've only got sea bass and cabbage for dinner (much too wet to go to the shops), I've got a feeling that won't be enough. :(

Jerry I'm with you can't seem to be full enough!

:idea: I'm going to blame the melon! I wish I hadn't mentioned it when we were having the lycopene conversation, as I'm now having it instead of berries in the morning, and I think it might be too sweet/carby, as I'm routing for something else within hours - which doesn't happen with berries. :think:

Marrbett a flake and a twirl!!!! :naughty: Very brave of you to admit it though. Didn't you feel sick afterwards?
  • durham_mim
    durham_mim Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SHEILA54 wrote: »
    avstar, durham_mim, daska, Mercy, Gray Malkin, andrewsmum and those who are really doing well and not overeating - congratulations on your willpower, please send some my way!!!

Still time to fall off the wagon. This weekend we are going away for a few days to Scotland so that will be very tempting. I too tend to eat when I'm cold and I feel the cold quite easily. Winter will be a challenge.

Tonight I tried the chilli meat loaf and it is really tasty. There was enough for two meals, so guess what we're having tomorrow. Recipe is on my blog.
    Weight loss 0/2st
    Inch loss = 0"

Slow & Steady 3
  • Minihauk
    Minihauk Posts: 523 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks sweet.

I can't believe the difference this makes to my pain levels. When I eat this way my knees are still stiff, but not at all painful. I must learn it isn't worth the carbs to feel yuck all the time!

I didn't have to be in work until later this morning, so had an extra half hour at home so had a gg cracker with butter and cheese before i left. I usually wait until get to work to eat. I didn't feel hungry until at least five hours later on just one cracker.

Chicken and large salad for lunch with strawberries and cream and a chicken thigh for dinner - didn't want anything else. I have drunk a few cups of regular tea with milk though, so maybe too many carbs in the milk.

I have been trying to eat more fat so I don't feel hungry.
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, I made stuffed mushrooms with veg, nuts and cheese for dinner and now I feel pretty full !! Funny but even when I overeat in a low carb way I can still feel a bit sick :p

I am looking forward to trying the soup and other recipes, thank you to everyone who has posted them.

Watching the paralympic opening ceremony so will post again tomorrow.
    Good nite xx
  • daska
    daska Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    edited 29 August 2012 at 9:08PM
    Options
    Don't know that I'm being good Sheila, my attack of the munchies came on me last night and before I knew it I'd devoured half a dozen mini milks - and I don't even like them!

I have moved on to doing the wall press-ups in the hall now (slightly wider than the doorway) but my carers are obviously nervous and have made me promise not to attempt them when there's no-one else around LOL Bit like my recently acquired 8" heels really, I watched the colour drain out of their faces when they saw them but I pointed out that not wearing high heels because I can't walk in them is a bit of a dodgy argument when I'm using the w'chair and therefore not walking anyway. Fab shoes they are too!

p.s. I'm not supporting the paralympics because of ATOS (I am one of the (no-doubt) few in this country who has received a written apology without going to court to get it) and because the athletes had a wonderful opportunity to show support for other disabled people in this country who are being treated abominably and fluffed it.
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants - Michael Pollan
    48 down, 22 to go
    Low carb, low oxalate Primal + dairy
    From size 24 to 16 and now stuck...
  • marrbett
    marrbett Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    Options

Marrbett a flake and a twirl!!!! :naughty: Very brave of you to admit it though. Didn't you feel sick afterwards?

No, but I did after my piece of chocolate and cream cake my little boy had made!!! Have no idea how this happened today, but end of TOTM, so I'm gonna right today off and start again tomorrow!!

I hand whipped the cream for his cake and hope that you would consider that a bit of resistance exercise??I did swap hands!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure