Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    edited 3 June 2012 at 11:42AM
    Options
    sistercas hope your back gets better soon (((sistercas)))

Yesterday OH wouldn't let me put £1 on The Derby and my horse won :jso I whinged at him. He put £1 for me on lottery instead (we don't do normally) and I won £10

I've ordered some Hershey natural unsweetened cocoa powder :D 1 tbsp is 1g net carbs, 1g protein, 5g fat and 2% RDA iron

www.sparksyard.com www.hersheys.com

It occurs to me that if you have a sweet tooth and like candy, there isn't a lot of sugar free stuff out there in the UK. If you don't mind malitol etc in small quantities then have a look here https://www.americansweets.co.uk
  • Edwardia
    Options
    Where is everybody ? Are you all at street parties in the rain ?

Been out shopping again and TU clothing at Sainsbury's is 25% off until Monday so I bought some linen trousers :) Also picked up some George Moda linen trousers at ASDA and a tshirt.

Went to the local Muslim grocers and got some Ferrero harissa sauce for 99p :D and some Cortas Lebanese tahina. They have Al Wadi Al Akhdar tahina too usually I was told but had run out and they are going to reorder next week.

Going to make OH some houmous tomorrow :)

Ciao for now xx
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Edwardia wrote: »
    Where is everybody ? Are you all at street parties in the rain ?

Nope. We had ours yesterday and it didn't rain. :D
    Went to the local Muslim grocers and got some Ferrero harissa sauce for 99p :D

That reminds me of when Mrs G asked my city living sister-in-law where to get an unusual spice she had used in a recipe. She said to get it from our local Arab shop. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where our local Arab shop might be located but I suspect a visit to it would involve many many miles and perhaps even a star to guide us. :p
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    no street parties here either, but i have watched the pageant on the tele in between cooking and ironing :rotfl: I have really enjoyed watching it actually , the queen looked frozen .
  • Edwardia
    edited 3 June 2012 at 7:47PM
    Options
    That reminds me of when Mrs G asked my city living sister-in-law where to get an unusual spice she had used in a recipe. She said to get it from our local Arab shop. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where our local Arab shop might be located but I suspect a visit to it would involve many many miles and perhaps even a star to guide us. :p

The town I live in is fairly small (50 000) but it's like a mini United Nations here.. French, Scottish, Polish, South African, Indian, Chinese, Turkish, Czech, Nepalese, Romanian, Pakistani, Bosnian, Italian..

To help Mrs G in her noble quest to liven up your diet here are some websites to pass on

www.spicesofindia.co.uk
    https://www.ryespice.co.uk
    www.mullaco.com
    www.itadka.com
    www.thespiceshop.co.uk
    www.seasonedpioneers.co.uk
    www.steenbergs.co.uk
    www.waiyeehong.com
    www.wingyip.com
    www.theasiancookshop.co.uk
  • Edwardia
    Options
    Nipped in to the old low carb bargain thread and found some posts so I cheekily invited em over here.. the more the merrier right ? Keep an eye out for lexiebum, durham_mim, Sparkly fairy and possibly even VfM4meplease (best behaviour though as s/he is a doctor). :D
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all

:wave:

We had a party inside as was raining. Just a kiddies party it was good fun, they all got on really nicely, and me and the other mum had a good chat too. Was nice company.

I did eat a small amount of picnic food:
    A small sausage roll :eek:
    A fox's party ring biscuit :eek::eek:
    Few cocktail sausages

Rest was ok though, just bits of cucumber, ham and tuna. Had no cake, sweets, crackers or crisps. Other than that we went for the smoked salmon and scrambled egg again, bit of a favourite. Bolognese for lunch, of which I've just had some leftovers for supper. Two coffees today but no cola.

Really pleased with my weightloss this week :A
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • daska
    daska Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 June 2012 at 11:21PM
    Options
    Edwardia - Funny you should mention VfM4meplease, I was just reading a post of his/her's a few days ago on a diet thread and found myself somewhat perplexed thinking "didn't s/he use to be very much in the 'low fat, low calorie, exercise' camp...?"

Spent today trying to keep up with myself. DS2's room is wallpapered, visitors are fed, local jubilee festivities visited... and as a result everything hurts :( Haven't done too badly but I did succumb to a chocolate icecream. DS2 really impressed by the jelly I made - in a mould of the Queen's head LOL
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants - Michael Pollan
    48 down, 22 to go
    Low carb, low oxalate Primal + dairy
    From size 24 to 16 and now stuck...
  • Edwardia
    Options
    Just spent 4 hrs watching the Jubilee Thames Pageant on catch up.

Conrgatulations to Her Majesty for standing up the whole time, which goes beyond the call of duty:D

:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T

Sixty years !!!
  • Edwardia
    Options
    V4M as I nicknamed her/him is a stalwart on the Groceries board daska, but has tended to have a go at moi here and there - but after making a comment about diabetes not being that serious on the low carb bargains thread I did kinda kick that argument to shreds :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure