Forum Home » Phones & TV

Orchid Dialler Discount - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Orchid Dialler Discount

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
871 replies 147.6K views

Replies

• FJSRiDERFJSRiDER Forumite
    155 posts
    Can anyone tell me how the Orchid dialler deals with different access number systems (Simply Dial Providers - such as Telestunt, Ratebuster etc)?

I call Japan, Austria and New Zealand regularly and have found that Telestunt is cheapest for Japan and Austria (0845 - 1p/min eves and weekends) where as I can use call18866 for New Zealand @2p/min (+1p connection) and I'm happy to use them for other less often called countries (if I don't bother to check beforehand....)

How can this be set up in the 'routing table'?
  • Curry_QueenCurry_Queen Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Just a couple of quick questions if that's ok ... does the Ranger 400 phone route multiple call networks like the V4 dialler, and are there any advantages to buying the phone instead of the dialler? I've already got a reasonably good DECT phone (Freestyle 2010) so don't want to waste money if it's not necessary ;)

Also, does anyone know where I can find a list of BT's call charges? I'm sure someone mentioned a site that contained them but I can't find it at the moment and BT don't have an easily accessible list on their own site to use. I'm trying to find call costs for 0845/0870 numbers as a few people have mentioned BT as being the cheapest option for those.

"An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Also, does anyone know where I can find a list of BT's call charges? I'm sure someone mentioned a site that contained them but I can't find it at the moment and BT don't have an easily accessible list on their own site to use. I'm trying to find call costs for 0845/0870 numbers as a few people have mentioned BT as being the cheapest option for those.
    BT's prices for calls from residential landlines to all non-geographical numbers are listed HERE.

P.S. It is on BT's website but, as you say, not easy to find (I've got it stored as a favourite).
    30 years, 217 days!
  • Curry_QueenCurry_Queen Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Thanks very much for that sergeant :)

I know I spent ages searching BT's website one day for them and all I could find were a list of downloadable files which had some obscure file format so, having no idea what software would be needed to read them, I gave up!

I've now got that page bookmarked for future reference too ;)
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Mr_FrugalMr_Frugal Forumite
    265 posts
    Just a quick note to say that I bought a V4 dialler and have programmed it in the main to use 1899 (I am an NTL user) and am now saving a fortune on my phone calls.
    For those looking at buying a dialler can highly recommend it. My delivery was 24hrs & the lady on the phone explained the product to me in full before my purchase.
    The set up of the box takes a little bit of time (took me about an hour cos getting it to 'ring home' was awkward - but stick with it, well worth the dividends !!!)
    I had a problem with mine in that every time I made a call the recorded 1899 message told me that the number didn't exist or was engaged (yet all my numbers are stored on phone so I knew they were correct numbers). Turned out to be that the dialler box needed a small forced delay/pause which the guys at Orchid sorted out for me within 24hrs.
    Now I am working fine and paying next to nowt for all my phone calls - well chuffed !!!!

Thanks to those that posted the original threads about 1899/18866 and this dialler !!!!!!
  • mrnomoneybagsmrnomoneybags Forumite
    601 posts
    500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Just ordered my V4 dailer and with the 10% discount :)

Me and my other half are just buying our first house so this should save us some cash from the get go :)

Has anybody ever got incorrect calls billed to them by either 18866 or the other number i cant remember?

thanks all

-Tom
  • SmartasssSmartasss Forumite
    873 posts
    Orchid have announced that they will now provide telephone support (previously they have only provided support via e-mail).

Frustratingly they use an 0870 number for this support!

The free e-mail service is still available.
  • Smartasss wrote:
    Orchid have announced that they will now provide telephone support (previously they have only provided support via e-mail).

Frustratingly they use an 0870 number for this support!
    .....BUT (otherwise) do not charge for this telephone support service. Still sounds a good deal to me :T
    Don't be dazzled by the price -- look for blinding value........and be careful out there
  • mrnomoneybagsmrnomoneybags Forumite
    601 posts
    500 Posts
    ✭✭
    When i set my dialer up i will still get a dial tone when i pick the phone up wont i?
  • SmartasssSmartasss Forumite
    873 posts
    Yes you will.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support