PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

School days recipes

Options

Comments

• chewy62
    chewy62 Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options
    Mmmmmmm! I loved that cornflake cake! You can buy it here in N.I.as a traybake.I also loved the cake with jam and coconut on top with custard.
    Did anyone else have what we called "glue"? It was apastry base with very sticky toffee on the top which used to stick to the roof of your mouth!
    Sept. grocery challenge = £500 (221.60 so far!;))
  • kate83
    kate83 Posts: 290 Forumite
    Options
    I used to love school cheesecake but have never managed to make anything taste like it. If anyone has the recipe, I'd love to know.
  • crawley_girl
    Options
    I used to adore spam fritters!! Veggie now!
    Ever wonder about those people who spend £2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
  • Essex-girl_2
    Options
    My favourite was a cheese flan - not quite a quiche. Loved that with chips and beans - would really like that recipe.

Next was hot scotch egg and chips.
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Semolina with a spoonful of jam on the top.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • Irishmummyof2
    Options
    I remember being at school and on special occassions we had ice-cream and chocolate sauce and it was delish, the nice warm choclate sauce with the old ice-cream.
    My question is does anyone pretty please know how to do a sauce very similiar?

Thank Patricia xx.
    I would like to be able to admire a man’s opinions as I would his dog - without being expected to take it home with me."
    - Frank A. Clark
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Probably not the same but I like this

http://southernfood.about.com/od/dessertsaucerecipes/r/bl30524r.htm

I use cheap chocolate instead of chips, 25p :)
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • tr3mor
    tr3mor Posts: 2,325 Forumite
    Options
    I remember it being more like chocolate custard. It was yummy. If only I had some chocolate I'd go make some now!
  • Robothell
    Options
    Try melting a mars bar and pouring it over.......might sound a bit odd but I was introduced to this by a friend and have never looked back!
    Life in this world is, as it were, a sojourn in a cave. What can we know of reality? For all we can see of the true nature of existence is, shall we say, no more than bewildering and amusing shadows cast upon the inner wall of the cave by the unseen blinding light of absolute truth, from which we may or may not deduce some glimmer of veracity, and we as troglodyte seekers of wisdom can only lift our voices to the unseen and say humbly "Go on, do deformed rabbit again.....it's my favourite". © Terry Pratchett in "Small Gods"

Founder member of the Barry Scott Appreciation Society
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    omg:eek: i must be strange coz the smell of this and the taste along with the green custard used to make me want to vomit :(
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure