How long to transfer an ISA to A&L from FDirect?

Options
I've been accepted for an A&L online ISA. I then filled in the transfer form and posted it to first direct. My new ISA is showing online with a balance of £0, the FD ISA has gone from my FD online list, so I assume that they've closed it. How long can it take for the money to be transferred?
Happy chappy

Comments

• RichyRich
    RichyRich Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I presume they'll be sending the cash via BACS, so would suggest 3-4 working days. Don't take my word for it though!

Rich
    #145 Save £12k in 2016 Challenge: £12,062.62/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £5,027.78 CHALLENGE MET
    #060 Save £12k in 2017 Challenge: £11,03.70/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £12,976.79 Shortfall: £996.30:eek:
    This is the secret message.
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been accepted for an A&L online ISA. I then filled in the transfer form and posted it to first direct. My new ISA is showing online with a balance of £0, the FD ISA has gone from my FD online list, so I assume that they've closed it. How long can it take for the money to be transferred?
    About 8-10 days I would guess.
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • daveonline
    Options
    Just checked and my Transfer from FD to A&L has gone through, it took 10 days to show up online but they credited it to my account 7 days ago. So not bad but my money was out of the system for 3 days.
  • daveonline wrote:
    Just checked and my Transfer from FD to A&L has gone through, it took 10 days to show up online but they credited it to my account 7 days ago. So not bad but my money was out of the system for 3 days.

Took exactly the same for me from FD to A&L too
  • codetown
    codetown Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    From Nationwide to A&L it lost 1 days worth of interest.
    It appeared on the online system after about 8 days.
  • pennies2pounds_3
    Options
    Thats quick then ! . I think they have up to 30 days to transfer the money over . I hope mine is as quick ! ;) . it is coming from the Abbey - anyone else trying to transfer from them?
  • Middle_Sister
    Options
    Ive sent the forms off to 1st Direct & Abbey and the money has disappeared from those accounts however it still hasnt appeared in the A&L account. That was last week.
  • Middle_Sister
    Options
    Money has appeared today.
  • tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 19,538 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine's sorted now - it took about 10 days.
    Happy chappy
  • Bisoy
    Bisoy Posts: 873 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guys! I just want to know if when you transfered your ISA did you already have used the full allowance of £3000 this year plus previous years ISA subscriptions? There has been a big discussion on this matter over stoozing.com and I rang A & L and inquired and the lady that I spoke to said that they're not allowing such transaction not until April(new tax year).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure