We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The Milton Keynes Money Savers Thread - Mark Four

Options

Comments

• ~daisy~_2
    ~daisy~_2 Posts: 2,566 Forumite
    Options
    thx guys thats really helpful :) xxx
    :j MFi3 wannabee :j
    mortgage owing 04.07 £36,000
    mortgage owing 07.10 £0 !!!!
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ~daisy~ wrote: »
    hello MK'ers :)

im a regualr shopper at MK but my husband has recently been awarded a blue badge - does anyone know if you need to pay for blue badge spaces or if they are free ?
    have never noticed on the parking machines before - not something you tend to remember if it doesnt apply

many thanks :)
    Free.

I use my Blue Badge in the City Centre whenever my DH is available to take me there.

Do make sure it's clearly displayed; the wardens do check.

HTH
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The parking wardens hunt in packs in CMK IMO!!! machines at the ready :rotfl::rotfl:
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles October 2022 100 / 100miles
    D- Day 80km June 2024 80/80km (10.06.24 all done)
    Sun, Sea
  • back_on_track
    Options
    Has anyone used a limo company in MK??? Please any recommendations?
    If not, anyone know what I should be looking for with regards to their license etc??
  • Swattie
    Swattie Posts: 729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have used Starlite limos in the past and just booked with them for my daughters prom in June.

About average price, and fully licenced & with new well maintained vehicles. Unlike some they own several limos & hummers and run limo hire as their professional business.

Good rep locally.

http://www.starlitelimohire.co.uk/bookings/index.html
  • back_on_track
    Options
    Thats great. Thanks so much Swattie. x
  • Money_Maker_Shaker
    Options
    Any recommendations for gyms/health clubs in MK?

Once I've finished my course of physio I want to try some more regular exercise but I need to get an idea of which gyms are around in MK. I'm :o to say I've no idea and I've lived here for years!

Ideally I want somewhere where there is staff available to check machines are being used correctly as I need to be careful with my hip and don't want exercise to actually make it worse.
    :j Go on, shake your money maker! :j
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been told the new gym near the Don's Stadium (DW?) is very good and reasonably priced.
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • gaz_jones
    gaz_jones Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    Options
    Mr_GB wrote: »
    P.s. Gaz, is that your mini in your avatar? I used to have one, loved it to bits!

Yes it is :) 1989 Mini Mayfair - Automatic - 21k miles!! She's tucked up in my garage at the moment though awaiting repair :( Auto gearbox went :(
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Lindz_Delirium
    Options
    I am desperately trying to get two tickets for Diversity at MK theatre on Friday 24th July it's sold out :( Nothing on Ebay does anyone have any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport