We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Approved food general discussion part deux

Options

Comments

• oldMcDonald
    Options
    I'm a bit fed up that I'm reading on here that people are hearing that their orders from 10/2 are being made up, yet I've had to contact them to chase up my order of 3/2.

I was told it should be posted out this afternoon, so I hope it will arrive tomorrow.
  • Smashing
    Smashing Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a bit fed up that I'm reading on here that people are hearing that their orders from 10/2 are being made up, yet I've had to contact them to chase up my order of 3/2.

I was told it should be posted out this afternoon, so I hope it will arrive tomorrow.

You'll be even more fed up if some of your items are out of stock because it's been packed for someone who ordered later than you did.
  • oldMcDonald
    Options
    A lot is out of stock:( I gave up in the end and just told them to make up the money with asparagus and nutrigrain oat thingies.

I am expecting a box full of asparagus and nutrigrain thingies and very little else! With hindsight I should have cancelled!
  • mcallister1
    Options
    opaque wrote: »
    I've had AF on my fav's since they 'broke' on here and I've been waiting for the backlog to die down before ordering. Just popped back on after a while off (rebuilding my hard drive) and the last update on the site was the 4th of Feb!
    So I popped on here to see if I could find anything out and as the last thread was deleted I have absolutely no idea if it's even worth keeping the favourite as I can't make my own judgement on whats going on. Now Dan is on this thread but the site hasn't been updated but it used to be.
    Might just give FB a go instead.
    May be worthwhile trying FB.
    As far as what was going on,although this isn't as good as reading the stuff yourself, until the last couple of days there have been various people with problems, MOSTLY from the backlog time. Also, there were also some problems with -presumably - new staff not calling about substitutions. There were some very complicated stories of people calling, emailling, getting refunds etc, but again that was predominantly from the backlog. There were also lots of people getting orders through fine, and people generally saying 'My order from blah date has come through.'
    Then there is the issue of stock availability. He has implemented a live link between the website and his stock, which has made a big difference, but with some smallish glitches as he mentions earlier. However, it seems to me it is getting harder to put an order together as there is not so much availability as you might like- and also partly because not much is available, it is selling out quickly. For instance, there were heinz beans which went quickly- and I now have a stack in the garage whereas if ther had been more variety available I would have ordered fewer.

He has introduced a different carrier for heavier orders, £7.50 for 56kg which makes things like the drinks more viable, and I think it is worth looking at as the Del Monte is very good value at the moment and apparently tastes good.

Then finally in the last couple of days there were a series of posts complaining that AF were charging for goods which they did not have by charging at the time of the order- going back to the backlog from people who wre still waiting- and still are I think. There were also complaints that in communicating with mse, not all customers were being updated. Other happier customers defended AF, the whole thing became very heated and the thread was closed.
    I am sure that this is an inadequate summary but thought it might help. Hope no-one feels I have misrepresented them:o but some of this stuff may be helpful.
  • sellercheckuk
    Options
    And who did i name in my opening post? Honestly some people have nothing else to do do they?
    I simply say as i see dont get petty with me. i have been rude to noone and come here to check progress of peoples orders and to socialize not to !!!!!. Dont bother to reply as im intrested in the food and not you. Hows that for personal? If the shoe fits n all that.
    Sorry everyone else thats here for the same reason as all other bargain hunters. Has anyone recieved their orders from 9th yet?

OK, I'm sorry and if you haven't already realised (from other posts pointing it out), my comment was made with my misunderstanding that you were " Sarahsaver ".

Mind you, your style of writing ("some people have nothing else to do do they?...I simply say as i see dont get petty with me... Dont bother to reply as im intrested in the food and not you....Hows that for personal? If the shoe fits n all." ) does come across to me as being rude and neither sociable or 'nice'.

Also, if you are primarily "intrested in the food", there's a thread dedicated to that here: Approved food - the food discussion
  • tricki1
    tricki1 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    OK, I'm sorry and if you haven't already realised (from other posts pointing it out), my comment was made with my misunderstanding that you were " Sarahsaver ".

Mind you, your style of writing ("some people have nothing else to do do they?...I simply say as i see dont get petty with me... Dont bother to reply as im intrested in the food and not you....Hows that for personal? If the shoe fits n all." ) does come across to me as being rude and neither sociable or 'nice'.

Also, if you are primarily "intrested in the food", there's a thread dedicated to that here: Approved food - the food discussion

Pointing out to someone that you think they were rude often puts them on the defensive, so you might have been better to shoulder your pride and just stuck with the apology for addressing the wrong person. If you feel you are morally right, then why try to score points by pointing out the flaws you see of someone else? It just leads to more trouble.

Not telling you how to conduct yourself on here - just do not want Approved Foods part three so trying to help defuse any other arguments that might flare up because of silly little things like this.

It was a silly misunderstanding in the first place, you caused sarahwarren to feel picked on when you mistakenly directed your criticism at her, so her reaction was bound to be a little tetchy. Best make a clean break before it ends up in more sniping IMHO.

Peace, Out ;)
  • Fern_Merkin
    Options
    I can identify with that see my post on other thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=18946821&postcount=463

Quite a poor show, really.

FX

As this link no longer works brief for those who want unbiased reporting of factual encounter with AP.

Ordered on 3rd, money taken from account on 3rd, cancelled on 4th as became aware of problems. 16th was given a partial refund. Worried that the order was still active tried emailing twice. No joy, so phoned. Very poor telephone manner in that it was answered with 'er hello' not anything to identify company or let me know I had got through to the right place.

Once sorted I received an immediate refund. That was good.

FX
  • sarahwarren72
    Options
    tricki1 wrote: »
    Pointing out to someone that you think they were rude often puts them on the defensive, so you might have been better to shoulder your pride and just stuck with the apology for addressing the wrong person. If you feel you are morally right, then why try to score points by pointing out the flaws you see of someone else? It just leads to more trouble.

Not telling you how to conduct yourself on here - just do not want Approved Foods part three so trying to help defuse any other arguments that might flare up because of silly little things like this.

It was a silly misunderstanding in the first place, you caused sarahwarren to feel picked on when you mistakenly directed your criticism at her, so her reaction was bound to be a little tetchy. Best make a clean break before it ends up in more sniping IMHO.

Peace, Out ;)

Thanks Tricki :A you took the words outta my mouth x
  • sarahwarren72
    Options
    No word on email saying if parcel packed or not and so far no refund from 9th feb order so im hoping all is in stock :confused:
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    My (initial)refund info only came the day before the parcel was despatched.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure