We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Approved food general discussion part deux

Options

Comments

• oldMcDonald
    oldMcDonald Posts: 1,945 Forumite
    Options
    How do you cancel an order? When I click on cancel my order on Google payments it just takes me to the main page of AF
  • jaytin
    jaytin Posts: 473 Forumite
    Options
    How do you cancel an order? When I click on cancel my order on Google payments it just takes me to the main page of AF

I don't see any way to cancel it either, I think maybe you need to e-mail or 'phone them. I got no reply to my last e-mail though, that was a week ago now! :rolleyes:
  • tricki1
    tricki1 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options

This might help https://checkout.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=99880

If you clicked the button that lets you cancel an order in the first 15 minutes after making the order and it didn't work you might have to do it manually - the "contact the seller" link on the reciept on google checkout includes the item list, order number etc and has a "I would like to cancel my order" option in the subject list to save you time in emailing

If you did fall foul of the cancel button not working, It might be a good idea to ring them rather than email to make sure you do not get charged before they have chance to read the email - less hassle than waiting for a charge back.
  • oldMcDonald
    oldMcDonald Posts: 1,945 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your help :) I eventually emailed and telephoned.

My experience with AF is...

I placed an order on 6th Jan, money taken from card when order placed, they emailed on 12 Jan to say 2 items out of stock and refunded, received order 3 or 4 days later. Knew about the wait when placed order, happy enough with order and service.

Placed another order on 2nd Feb for £29.48 and amount taken off of credit card, received email on 16 Feb to say several items out of stock and card refunded £4.12. Items came following day, 14 days backlog notice on front page of site when I placed my order, took 15 days to receive it.

Placed third order on 3rd Feb (as I have posted several times now;)), money taken from card when order placed, expected to receive it day after order placed on the 2nd (AF front page still saying 14 days backlog when I ordered). On 18 Feb I saw on MSE that people were receiving their orders dated 10th (and in one case, the 13th), site now stating 1 week delay. I emailed and asked after my order and was told that several items were now out of stock. I had not received an email or telephone call regarding this. I emailed back and asked them to make up the amount with other items. AF emailed on 19th to say that subs would be OK and order would be shipped in the afternoon. I emailed them on 20th (today) to ask for confirmation that order had been dispatched on 19th as had not received a dispatch note and was told it had not yet gone out and would go out this afternoon. It is now 17 days after placing this order, I then I telephoned them and asked them to cancel as the several items now out of stock were the items I had really wanted and, with hindsight, I should have done this when I first found out that these items were no longer available. They did this without any quibble and emailed me to confirm.

I still haven't given up on this company. I was happy with my first two orders, however the third order left me feeling quite frustrated. I am unhappy that any contact regarding the length of time between order and dispatch was initiated by myself and not AF - I feel the customer service could be worked on a little here, but as I have already said, I'm not too sure that I am going to give up on AF yet, but I am not planning on placing another order with them until I can see from watching this thread that any problems which are due to the huge amount of orders they are now receiving have been sorted out.
  • *Chattie*
    Options
    think it would of been better if the other thread was locked rather than deleted. But hay ho...

Now of to have a look at foodbargins.

And Just cancelled my order from approved foods.

Exactly, deleting the thread smacks of censorship as it appears that only good reports are welcomed as having read through the previous thread it was closed due to people complaining.

Hopefully this thread will be allowed to progress and include any complaints.
  • matt286bay
    Options
    received my order from the 6th feb on wed this week, but no notice saying it was on its way, got notice of refund tue night 8-30pm, parcel with me on wed at 9am, so no way of adding subs, has anyone else not had notice this week from them with tracking no etc or is it just me.
  • jaytin
    Options
    matt286bay I have had a parcel before that had no dispatch note, but as it arrived with another parcel that I did get an e-mail for it wasn't too much of a suprise. It does seem a bit odd though and that order is still appearing on Google as 'not yet shipped' which means I can't leave feedback on it... it was the parcel that took 3 weeks :rolleyes:
    oldMcDonald your experience sounds very much like the one I had with my first parcel, my second one had no problems and I am waiting for a third now, which hopefully will also go smoothly. :D
    I do hope all the teething problems are now over! ;)
  • tricki1
    tricki1 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    matt286bay wrote: »
    received my order from the 6th feb on wed this week, but no notice saying it was on its way, got notice of refund tue night 8-30pm, parcel with me on wed at 9am, so no way of adding subs, has anyone else not had notice this week from them with tracking no etc or is it just me.

Not just you, my order of the 4th didn't, and my order of the 10th hasn't even though I know its due to be delivered as I have had email saying items refunded.
  • jaytin
    Options
    Maybe it's best to go by refund e-mails then? Hmmm except if you don't get any items refunded then you have no idea your parcel is due... Is this a problem with the new courier then? Actually no, I have just thought it can't be, because I didn't get a dispatch e-mail for one parcel and it came with DHL. Well I have no idea then. :confused:
  • jaytin
    Options
    Some people have e-mailed the abuse team asking for the thread to be reinstated (but locked) and with the argument removed, this would seem to keep everyone happy. It does beg the question though, why wasn't this done in the first place? :rolleyes: I think there were a couple of posters new to the AF thread that have now been put off ordering, mostly because there is now less feedback to enable them to make an informed choice before deciding to order. :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport