Approved food general discussion part deux

Options

Comments

• cruella_de_vile
    Options
    poet123 wrote: »
    Sorry,whom is your first comment aimed at?:confused:and what is a "rater"?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1247367&highlight=rater :)
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    I have to say that closing that thread may have been counterproductive,seems to be a bit of bandwagon jumping here,and it seems to me not everyone is here for the same thing. In my case it was to give an unbiased account of my experiences with AF,good and bad. Shame that others could have other agendas,and more than one too!!
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Options
    My comment is aimed at people who do not follow the rule Please be nice to other MoneySavers
    A rater is someone who highlights threads that maybe usefull for the weekly e mail as not everyone looks at all the forums the decision to include the information or not is taken by the MSE team
    there is good and bad and right and wrong on all sides but it needs to be kept civil and accusations dont help anyone just up the anti on all levels
    if you disagree with whats being said then you should say so and tell your experiences that is only right it would not be usefull to anyone not knowing the situation they may find themselves in after ordering at present
  • jaytin
    jaytin Posts: 473 Forumite
    Options
    poet123 wrote: »
    I have to say that closing that thread may have been counterproductive,seems to be a bit of bandwagon jumping here,and it seems to me not everyone is here for the same thing. In my case it was to give an unbiased account of my experiences with AF,good and bad. Shame that others could have other agendas,and more than one too!!

Some of us went to great lengths, despite negative experiences to stay as fair as possible, I feel pretty annoyed that all the time I spent on my posts, some quite lengthy, sorry hehe :o was now all for nothing! I am really starting to feel that if I don't have something positive/promoting to say my opinion is not as important. :confused:
  • blaque*angel
    Options
    too much arguing!!!!!! cant we all just get along ;)
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    blague*angel did you get my my pm?
    Work to live= not live to work
  • *Chattie*
    Options
    tired_mum wrote: »
    My comment is aimed at people who do not follow the rule Please be nice to other MoneySavers
    A rater is someone who highlights threads that maybe usefull for the weekly e mail as not everyone looks at all the forums the decision to include the information or not is taken by the MSE team
    there is good and bad and right and wrong on all sides but it needs to be kept civil and accusations dont help anyone just up the anti on all levels
    if you disagree with whats being said then you should say so and tell your experiences that is only right it would not be usefull to anyone not knowing the situation they may find themselves in after ordering at present

I thought it did turn pretty civilised myself as people put their point of view but it appears it either wasn't moneysaving enough or wasn't nice enough.

I couldn't post an experience as such as I haven't ordered yet but I was grateful to be able to read about both good and bad experiences.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My first order with AF was good, well packed and delivered quickly and there was plenty of choice. The second order arrived with the whole of the second order sheet missing and ok that was ammended quickly. The third order was much slower and several items were missing and I was refunded. The site was now starting to look sparce and quite boring re choice. I made a fourth order because there were five items that I wanted and I added more and more to get the weight to its max. 10 days came and went since I paid for the order and nothing. I read the thread and put my sensible hat on, having learnt a great deal from being involved in the icesave fiasco. I cancelled and a refund is on its way to me

The concept was great. Taking money on receipt of order was bad. The lack of choice is also a big deterrent just now

If things improve massively then I may come back to AF. If not, then it will have proved to have been yet another fly -by -night company that grew too big too quickly
  • tricki1
    tricki1 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    My order of the 10th just had item refunded so will be on way soon.
    The item needing refunding was for someone else, so I'll let them grumble :)
  • mummyjane
    Options
    Hi,

I have to say that I have found AF really good. They were honest about the delivery times and I was really pleased with my order. I can understand some people's gripe with being charged when ordering rather than on despatch of the order.

As far as the items were concerned, the baked beans are lovely, the lift is as good as those straight from the supermarket, and the caramel digestives are scrummy! I have already placed another order and will continue to use AF while they are offering such good bargains!

Many thanks to Dan and his team - I am sure that you will iron out any problems in the near future. :beer:
    GC 2023 June £72/500 NSDs 1/10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport