• Smashing
    Smashing Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    Options
    wookie wrote: »

That's a link to this thread. ;)
  • tricki1
    tricki1 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    That's a bit unfair, if and when there's no evidence of what was said by who. :confused:
    From what I remember there was no specific accusation or allegation, only a point being made suggesting that taking payment in the knowledge of being unable to supply was either due to incompetence or 'crookedness'.
    Also from what I remember that was followed up by the same poster who said that he/she did not believe that Dan is a crook.
    I remember the conversation, and it seemed to end with mdecker calmer as I asked if he could tone down his words to describe Dan, as I thought it might help clear the air a little. He did explain what he meant without inflammatory words, so I thought would be less arguments about what he called Dan in future- That is why wondering if there was another incident today I was not aware of because of not being on the site. Or if the thread was deleted because of the previous nights argument.

I could have put more care into my own words when describing what I meant rather than using the word accusations. I read someone else say it and used it myself rather than find suitable word.
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    I was following the thread,there was no additional comment on the owner.
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    People were not abiding by the site rules.
    It is nothing to do with mse promoting af and everything to do with people not being nice to one another.
    If you believe the old thread should be put back please contact the abuse team.
    Thanks.
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • cruella_de_vile
    Options
    I don't think there was anything else tricki, I'd been reading it on and off all day (couldn't post because I was in work) it did get a bit heated, but nothing that would justify it being removed.
  • oldMcDonald
    oldMcDonald Posts: 1,945 Forumite
    Options
    tricki1 wrote: »
    I remember the conversation, and it seemed to end with mdecker calmer as I asked if he could tone down his words to describe Dan, as I thought it might help clear the air a little. He did explain what he meant without inflammatory words, so I thought would be less arguments about what he called Dan in future- That is why wondering if there was another incident today I was not aware of because of not being on the site. Or if the thread was deleted becuase of the previous nights arguement.

Nothing else was said other then what has been said above. Last time I looked into the thread I saw the same as poet123 says above, then.....!!!!!!!.....thread gone!
  • jaytin
    jaytin Posts: 473 Forumite
    Options
    Much worse things have been said by many people about big supermarkets and other shops/businesses on this site and those posts/threads were not deleted, some of us spent a lot of time putting UNBIASED posts on that thread and I am personally shocked at the way that thread was totally deleted. As for the specific comment, nobody actually called anyone a crook, what was actually said was that taking money weeks before dispatch could be seen as incompetent or crooked, a comment which if made about any other shop/business would not have had anyone here batting an eyelid! :rolleyes:
  • cruella_de_vile
    Options
    Sarahsaver wrote: »
    People were not abiding by the site rules.
    It is nothing to do with mse promoting af and everything to do with people not being nice to one another.
    If you believe the old thread should be put back please contact the abuse team.
    Thanks.

I already have. I think whoever removed it did it for personal reasons (not as in affiliated with AF but in the 'I love AF' camp) and I think that is an abuse of power. If you are in a position to remove/edit posts or threads then I believe you should stay neutral.
  • *Chattie*
    Options
    I'm certainly glad I was able to read the thread regarding people's experiences before it was deleted as it made up my mind for me as to if I should order or not and I certainly won't be phoning the police station to find out my answer to that question :rolleyes:

Not given the company good publicity either as there will now be a question mark against their service, good or bad.
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    I agree,there was a lot of unbiased and accurate reporting of experiences,good and bad. The comments were not nasty,or vindictive,and for the thread to be pulled in it's entirety is unwarranted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure