OU Students Past, Present and Future

Options

Comments

• bestpud
    bestpud Posts: 11,048 Forumite
    Options
    imranali wrote: »
    starting my psychology with criminology soon!!

14 years late but getting there!!

DD101

Welcome to mse imranali and good luck with your course. :beer:
  • bestpud
    Options
    Just to let you know it is up and running (really hoping this hasn't already been said - please ignore me if it has :D).

I hope this link works but search for 'OU K101 October 2010' if not:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=124778407537514
  • SuziQ
    SuziQ Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    I still don't know whther they have granted me financial support for K101. They sent my forms back originally because like a cot I didn't realise I had to get my birth certificate signed (what a great start!) and have only since had a couple of emails, stating they re snowed under and not to expect anything for a while. I hope I get it as I can't do the course without :(
    Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it!
  • bestpud
    Options
    SuziQ wrote: »
    I still don't know whther they have granted me financial support for K101. They sent my forms back originally because like a cot I didn't realise I had to get my birth certificate signed (what a great start!) and have only since had a couple of emails, stating they re snowed under and not to expect anything for a while. I hope I get it as I can't do the course without :(

Me neither!

I've now found they can't do anything until I notify student finance England I want to cancel my application with them, even though they know I've withdrawn my place at my old Uni and the OU helpline told me I don't need to do anything.

I have to do that by 2nd September but SFE don't even read letters for at least 3/4 weeks!

I can't do it by phone or email and I can't do it online because he system doesn't recognise the OU.

The whole thing is driving me nuts now!!!

I'm going to do a change of circumstances form, copy it, send it recorded delivery and then send copies of the proof of delivery and form to the OU.

It's probably a waste of time but at least I will feel I've done something lol!

Suzi - I'm sure yours will come through if they have the stuff they need now. If not, are you able to pay upfront and get a refund when your finance comes through?
  • SuziQ
    SuziQ Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    Suzi - I'm sure yours will come through if they have the stuff they need now. If not, are you able to pay upfront and get a refund when your finance comes through?

My DD is moving to a Spanish Uni next week and I have had to find a couple of hundred to go out with her as she is nervous of turning up alone (we have to try and find accomodation for her once she gets there which is what worries us most). So I haven't got that money and no-one to borrow from either. When I called them, they said if the worst comes to the worst start in Feb, but I really don't want to do that, as I desperately hope I will be well enough to get back to work by next summer. It would be great if I could do this initial course before I have the hassle of being at work and a single mum as well-would be a huge advantage. But if the worst comes to the worst I suppose I will have to leave it until February.I have had another email today, saying to be patient, and if all is in order it will be processed in time. Hope we both make it!
    Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it!
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 August 2010 at 9:51PM
    Options
    Hi all :D I am nervous and looking forward to starting my first course in Oct :eek: My highest level of education atm is GCSE's, although i do have an NVQ in catering lol.

I'm doing M150 and T175, have sent off all the forms and had an email saying i need to register online or send back the form with payment. I posted the form back but it said £0 to pay so i guess they've awarded the financial support.

I am confused about the computer grant though, i didn't get any forms for this but definitely want to apply? Does anyone know how it works?

Am a single mam with 2 kids, not working at the min, just hoping i can get myself organised on an evening to knuckle down, i struggle to absorb info at the best of times!!
  • bestpud
    Options
    SuziQ - when did you apply?

They do seem on the ball - they called me back today as promised on Saturday and I actually spoke with the person processing my claim - how it used to be with LEAs!!

I wouldn't worry about it as they seem intent on getting claims through before the registration cut off date. :)

BeanieCat - I would give them a call and ask. Would you let us know what they say, please? :). I imagine there is a few wanting to know the answer to this.

I did read they may not be offering them this year but you can also apply via the access fund.

Good luck with the course!
  • bestpud
    Options
    I've got my funding through now!

Hope everyone else has too.
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Me and OH have had information saying our fees are paid and we're registered but nothing about our grants or his PC grant - and they aren't taking phone calls - argh!
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    They usually turn up out of the blue in the post by the first week of October.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family