Feed yourself on £1 a day

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in How much have you saved?
38 replies 10.7K views
LeeSouthEastLeeSouthEast Forumite
3.8K Posts
Debt-free and Proud!
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in How much have you saved?
Hi fellow experts!

I'm a long time lurker, but finally signed up today so be gentle :)

I've set myself a challenge. To live on £1 a day for the next 365 days, beginning on February 20th. My reasoning is numerous, but in short I was appauled to find I was spending around £250 a month on food alone just for me. My new year resolution is to be debt-free by January 2010, and to do this I need to cut back on unnecessary spending like extravagent food, and use it to better goals.

I figured it'd be a fun journey to document online, blog-style. Recipes, ups, downs, challenges and frustrations for others to learn by and try for themselves. While you need not go as far as I have, if you're trying to feed a family for less, perhaps you can grab some ideas and just scale them up? As an added twist, I'm not looking to do just the cheapest. I want the healthiest I can possibly manage. We often hear in the news how "healthy living is expensive", so I want to try and disprove that as well.

For those of you interested in how I get on, I'll be posting at least once per day for the next year at [ redacted ].

.. in a moment of self-inspection .. I must be mad. But it'll be fun... I hope.

Lee
Starting Debt: ~£20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009 :j
Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides