I've been made redundant

Options

Comments

• Numpty_Monkey
    Numpty_Monkey Posts: 14,196 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I really do think it is the attitude that MSE/DFW brings that has made me calmer, i can't explain it
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • Clariman
    Clariman Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for that Clariman, you do a lot more selfless work than me:A

If anyone's wondering, Clariman is behind the SOA calc:T
    Not at all. I enjoy working on the calculators (very different to my day job) and I get a kick out of seeing them get so well used. :)

Clariman
    Author of the first Stoozing FAQ on the Internet and Creator of the SOA & Snowball calculators at Lemonfool.co.uk
  • Nomad25
    Nomad25 Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Numpty saw your thread today, was going to pm you, but wanted to add my good wishes and suppport out loud and join with everyone else on here 2419_group_huddle.gif.

Now you know what that bl**dy tin of toffees was all about! Not much consolation though.

Good on you mate - you are showing great strength, it'll keep you going.

I'll check in from time to time if that's ok with you - pm me anytime.
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cheers nomad wondered where youd gone
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That tin of toffee's wasn't, it was a tin of coffee:confused::rotfl:

Got 1 job application form in ,
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Looks like the job centres are on overtime, got my appointment for bennefits on Sunday??
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Something i picked up from another thread
    If your on contribution based JSA, you don't automatically get free NHS (optician/dental) treatment
    you need to fill in a couple of forms:confused:
    http://www.nhs.uk/Healthcosts/Pages/Prescriptioncosts.aspx
    the link might explain:o
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • cold_up_north
    Options
    My oh has been told today that he is being made redundant, he has to work his 4 weeks notice :mad: , I'm not sure what benefits we are entitled to, I know he can get JSA (con) but I don't work, I care for my elderly Mother, can't claim carer's allowance has it affects her benefits, and we have a 17yr old at 6th form, so I would like to know if we will have to claim JSA (income) and with his redundancy money, our saving's will go well over the £6000 threshold mark, will the redundacy money be took into consideration, also will we still get Child Tax Credit for the Boy

Fed up X
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry to here about your OH

The benefits thing is a minefield,
    I think your OH's company shoukld be setting up some employment advice schemes, CV writing, advice, interview technequics
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • cold_up_north
    Options
    Thanks Numpty Monkey, know what you mean about benefits being a minefield:confused: , can't see OH's company helping out, has he is the only one, selected for redundancy because he can't drive, so unable to send him to work at other divisions of the company has and when needed. Thats the first thing for him to do (driving lessons) with his redundancy money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure