I've been made redundant

Options

Comments

• Numpty_Monkey
    Numpty_Monkey Posts: 14,196 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Still no news:confused:

more worrying is now I go to sign on, and they don't even bother asking any questions:eek::confused:
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Awww Numpty.... Where I am working - they are planning to finish me up because I went for an interview!!!! How mad is that! It is only a temp job and the one I went for was 12 months +
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £183,754 Equity 26.5%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Awww Numpty.... Where I am working - they are planning to finish me up because I went for an interview!!!! How mad is that! It is only a temp job and the one I went for was 12 months +

:o oops
    SH that is pants, hope you get the new job:T:A
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • savingholmes
    Options
    Thanks numpty - I subscribed in case you wondered why I got here so fast LOL. Hope you get sorted soon too!
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :cry:No updates on the job front

Just a little note, if Job Centre c0ckup your JSA and you have to get a Giro cheque, you can't cash it at any Post Office:confused:, just at the one you put:confused:
    or the one they give you nearest your home:rolleyes:
    First time I've ever had to get and try and cash a Giro:o
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • savingholmes
    Options
    I really feel for you I do..... At least my OH is working and as part of MSE we had cleared our overdraft and generated some savings (while still having plenty of debt left to clear) so at least we still have a bit of a cushion!
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi folks, thought I should post an update as such as it is:o

I've got my 6 months JSA review today:confused:
    still no job:rolleyes:
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • savingholmes
    Options
    Hi numpty - will you now get income support (sorry was away on holiday when you last posted)?

Well since I last posted I got a temp job - for a whole 5 days - they then decided they didn't like me and paid me my notice pay to leave!
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Options
    Been a while since I posted on here:o

An update

Still unemployed:(,
    severalteen hundred CV's applications, 4 courses, 1 interview latter still the same:huh:

It's hard to believe that it's been a year since I was made redundant:eek:

I still kep plodding on:A
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • AHZB
    AHZB Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Its been approximately 6 months for me . . . . . but still trying to remain positive.
    Whilst I've been off I have been working on setting up an organisation to try and help redundant folk help themselves. A kind of community based organisation where people in our circumstances can help support each other and offer advice and help.

I'm also in the process of contacting MP's MSP's, local/national firms, job agencies etc to help support it all.

If anyone is interested in helping then give me a shout or have a look at my profile page for website details.

Anyhow time to apply for more positions . . .good luck to all by the way

Anthony

I
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills