would you consider living apart for financial reasons ?

Options

Comments

• nottslass_2
    nottslass_2 Posts: 1,765 Forumite
    Options
    OH no it isn't !!!!!!!

Have you ever read and understood the DWP benefit fraud manual ?

You don't appear to be able to understand that it is not possible to prosecute and find somebody guilty of benefit fraud for simply having a boyfriend that they do not live with !!!!

Although,there are other factors to take into consideration when establishing if somebody is committing fraud,it still has to be proved that a couple are LTGAMW,without evidence of this the crown prosecution service wouldn't even the case get to court.
  • alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    nottslass wrote: »
    OH no it isn't !!!!!!!

Have you ever read and understood the DWP benefit fraud manual ?

You don't appear to be able to understand that it is not possible to prosecute and find somebody guilty of benefit fraud for simply having a boyfriend that they do not live with !!!!

Although,there are other factors to take into consideration when establishing if somebody is committing fraud,it still has to be proved that a couple are LTGAMW,without evidence of this the crown prosecution service wouldn't even the case get to court.

I am relating my advice to the op's question.

If a single person was dating someone who had their own place, no financial commitments together, no children together, did not holiday together and did not spend too much time together then they would not be regarded as a couple.

In the op's case it would be fraud!
  • boydE
    boydE Posts: 376 Forumite
    Options
    To the OP.
    I personally wouldn't do it. I think its a sick thing to do TBH.
    Thats all some people see is £££ and do not see the other side of it, ie family.
    I would much rather be skint and to be with my kids.
    Your kids would also grow up to be the same as you, you wouldnt want that, surely?
    I can see why people do it (desperation) but I am sorry I think its wrong.
    I just can not understand it, it's ripping people off, its stealing.
    What has gone wrong with this country?
  • cabvol
    cabvol Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    I never said they were cab books I said I had free access to one.

The op is part of a couple so I really don't know you are bringing anything else in to this. So for them to live speperately and still have an relationship they are committing fraud. Afterall this is what we are doing advising the op!

If you read some of my previous posts you would have noticed I have already mentioned the above points you have made.

Did not say you sid cab only - just information to posters that these books are available to all, very usefull information I would have thought.

Bringing what else into what? as I said if they are a couple it is a matter of fact not just where some one lives.

Yes I have read the posts ?
  • alwaysonthego_2
    Options

Does your opinion over ride the information ,that I have access to as a CAB adviser, from the CPAG benefits and tax credit advisers book. Which I have used several times to advice clients.

Did not say you sid cab only - just information to posters that these books are available to all, very usefull information I would have thought.

Tell where it says CAB only, it says I have free access to it. :confused:
  • nottslass_2
    nottslass_2 Posts: 1,765 Forumite
    Options
    I am relating my advice to the op's question.

If a single person was dating someone who had their own place, no financial commitments together, no children together, did not holiday together and did not spend too much time together then they would not be regarded as a couple.

In the op's case it would be fraud!

But only if it could be proved that they were living together.(in addition to being in a relationship)

For example miss "A" (who is a single parent + claiming benefits)could have rented her spare room out,and have a lodger,if somebody were to report miss "A" claiming she was in a relationship with them and committing benefit fraud, it would have to be established whether or not she was indeed having a relationship with the "lodger" if this is not the case she is not therefore committing any offenses ( of course,there would be the issue of "non dependent deductions" for the lodger,but that a whole different issue)
  • lolababy
    lolababy Posts: 723 Forumite
    Options
    The bottom line is op you can be married and live apart.You can claim benefits without it being fraud. Now its up to you .
  • cabvol
    cabvol Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Tell where it says CAB only, it says I have free access to it. :confused:

for the cecond time I did not say that you said CAB only

I was agreeing with what you had said :confused: about being a couple, what ever which Bureau do you work in by the way?
  • alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    cabvol wrote: »
    for the cecond time I did not say that you said CAB only

I was agreeing with what you had said :confused: about being a couple, what ever which Bureau do you work in by the way?
    Sorry misread it in haste :o

I realised that we were agreeing with one another :p

I work in a bureau in freezing Yorkshire, though don't want to say which one because I often refer my clients to this site :j
  • pingua
    pingua Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Options
    Can I please ask a question - sort of related to all this.
    What classes people as a couple ?? Sorry if it sounds a simple one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure