Is this normal for brokers?

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• feisty1
    feisty1 Posts: 1,487 Forumite
    Options
    feisty1 wrote: »
    I am an Appointed Representative of Mortgage Next Network and I am A Whole of Market Adviser!quote]

Good advertising for you!

A Whole of Market Adviser or representative of Whole of Market?
  • Ian_Griffiths_Halifax
    Options
    Sorry feisty1 but you are the first to go on my ignor list. You are becoming very very tedious.
    I am a Mortgage Consultant and don't like to be told what I can and can't put in a signature so long as it's legal and truthful.
  • feisty1
    Options
    Ian no need to apologise, but i would like to know why you say you're whole of market when you have a lending panel?
  • HelpWhereIcan
    Options
    feisty1 wrote: »
    Ashley, all the advisers can post on here & say of course they would help.........In an everyday environment believe me they wouldn't be so alturistic........Pls advisers dont even bother protesting & challenging this.........

The more you post the more convinced I am that you are a 'grade A' .... (sorry, [strike]forum rules[/strike] common decency says I have to be nice to people).

I will challenge this and I will put on record that this attitude is a reason why an element in the industry needs to be 'retrained or redeployed'.

I have just had an annual site visit for TCF.

One of the questions I was asked was - "Can you prove that act in the best interests of your customers at all times? Can you show us evidence of occassions where you advised the customer to take a course of action that did not earn your firm any fees or commission?"

Luckily for me I was able to answer

"Yes, many. If you look at my pipeline in the Key, you will see that there are about 20 customers where I have told them not to remortgage or take a new deal because it is not in their financial interests to do so. I have them diarised for regular contact and review to ensure that when that changes we do something about it."

For someone who claims to know so much about regulation you appear to know so very little about TCF and how to prove it is embedded in your business. That's assuming you are actually the principal and it is your business.

**£$8^£ %%***)*^
    I am an IFA (and boss o' t'swings idst)
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as an IFA, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • dwsjarcmcd
    dwsjarcmcd Posts: 1,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The more you post the more convinced I am that you are a 'grade A' .... (sorry, [strike]forum rules[/strike] common decency says I have to be nice to people).

I don't think you are alone in your opinion!!
  • feisty1
    Options
    I have just had an annual site visit for TCF. One of the questions I was asked was - "Can you prove that act in the best interests of your customers at all times? Can you show us evidence of occassions where you advised the customer to take a course of action that did not earn your firm any fees or commission?" Luckily for me I was able to answer "Yes, many. If you look at my pipeline in the Key, you will see that there are about 20 customers where I have told them not to remortgage or take a new deal because it is not in their financial interests to do so. I have them diarised for regular contact and review to ensure that when that changes we do something about it." For someone who claims to know so much about regulation you appear to know so very little about TCF and how to prove it is embedded in your business. That's assuming you are actually the principal and it is your business. **£$8^£ %%***)*^

I am not disputing this & if best advise is to stay where you are then that is best advice BUT one would imagine you had reviewed their circumstances at that time & not a client you hadn't spoken to for months, who just phoned you up.........surely if you have had a break of a couple of days since seeing clients, you ask if their has been any change in circumstances....never mind months..........You're just going off on a tangent now and creating arguments, as this was not what was originally discussed. Please do not develop pack mentality.
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    thread is breaking into many different discussions..

Don't think anyone agrees that the broker in question should have " re input " the deal.

Think most people agree it would have been better for OP to have originally asked broker about the deal if he thought he may be going back to them for guidance.. but hey he didn't

Its a broker's own business decision if he decides to help - many of us do for the sake of goodwill ( I find that in most cases this goodwill has been returned , in future business, referrals, friendship or help in other ways , ie when the client helps me as a goodwill gesture in their own business )

Site rules - they are in place, I can't see why people use the site if they disagree with the rules so much ( we all have views on the rules and articles - but hey its not our site)

"Seek advice posts " - yes a good piece of advice , although nothing wrong with the consumer posters giving a few points to consider from an informed viewpoint.

Compliance- each principal should be aware of what they can and can't do/say on a forum, and whether posts/ signatures could be considered a "financial promotion"
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • dwsjarcmcd
    Options
    shsss, but fiesty1 may have left the building:T
  • feisty1
    Options
    Fear not Big Brother is here.

Do you feel it really necessary to persist with sarcasm & cynicism?
  • dwsjarcmcd
    Options
    Thought it was too good to be true. Oh, and yes!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure