Is this normal for brokers?

Options

Comments

• feisty1
    feisty1 Posts: 1,487 Forumite
    Options
    unite79 wrote: »
    A quick question WHY did the OP ring a broker to discuss the Mortgage deal he had set up - WHY NOT RING HALIFAX!!!!!

Exacty my point.......the OP will never change from their stance..........If advisers were 100% honest on here they would admit to be more than "peeved" if this happened to them.

As for unite79's comment....I cant even be bothered explaining why yr so far off................

But you know what, for those who comment or doubt my income, I have been out all day and comeback and seen this is still being discussed!! I am so amused!!.....particularly at the tenacity of asheyk "I only wanted to ask a technical question".....what's the big deal!! .....I have been visiting existing clients, transacted business for them, earned some money & both parties happy.......However if I was answering the fone for a free information service, or an advisor sat on here all day offering free "advice" I would be going on the wannabe free of debt board instead of off ski-ing this weekend.... ......adios veale el lunes
  • unite79
    unite79 Posts: 392 Forumite
    Options
    Feisty1 - You quote my POST, Then state you wont even comment why am so far OFF - DO YOU FAIL TO UNDERSTAND ENGLISH -

I WAS ASKING THE QUESTION OF WHY ring a Broker, not the company you were dealing with.........

YOU HAVE ISSUES....
  • feisty1
    Options
    Feisty1 - You quote my POST, Then state you wont even comment why am so far OFF - DO YOU FAIL TO UNDERSTAND ENGLISH - I WAS ASKING THE QUESTION OF WHY ring a Broker, not the company you were dealing with......... YOU HAVE ISSUES....

I do apologise, I read yr first post and agreed and swiftly read the next post (wrongly)...... I am so used to rcvg negative feedback over the ast 24hrs I made an assumption.........yes my mistake and my apologies.
  • unite79
    unite79 Posts: 392 Forumite
    Options
    Accepted, no problems.

I have read this thread and am surprised at the atitude of a number of Mortgage Brokers - I had the mis-placed opinion that advice from a Qualified Individual was something that should be paid for - Maybe I was wrong, so its 7.10pm, Ill buzz my accountant and ask him about the TV I am thinking of buying, then Ill buzz my solicitor just to confirm i should be buying a Plasma, ohhhh and Ill ask them to chuck it in writing so that in 2 years if there advice was wrong I can Sue them.............

Maybe not.............

Maybe........
  • feisty1
    Options
    I have read this thread and am surprised at the atitude of a number of Mortgage Brokers -........

I'm not surprised, however if those advisers had a face to face conversation with you they would have a different opinion. First of all I know some using signatures are no longer advisers and others who are on here all day/night are lurking in the hope of gaining some business, so they will be all pleasing "dont charge fees" "fone me anytime for free advice" etc...........What other profession sells themselves so cheap, cheap as chips but they still have no business, what does that tell you...................
  • Ian_Griffiths_Halifax
    Options
    OK, admit it. Who's using the sig but not in business?
    I am a Mortgage Consultant and don't like to be told what I can and can't put in a signature so long as it's legal and truthful.
  • feisty1
    Options
    yes pls do
  • feisty1
    Options
    OK, admit it. Who's using the sig but not in business?

But.....what difference does it make as u,me, anybody could add that signature, it means absolutely nothing except for those who are advisers hoping to pick up business........i genuinely don't understand why a signature is used, i understand it is historic, but can't seem to find out why............
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    To clarify for anyone who doesn't know, I used to be a broker.
  • Ian_Griffiths_Halifax
    Options
    I'm just interested feisty, as to who you think is claiming to be a Mortgage Adviser, when they aren't.
    I am a Mortgage Consultant and don't like to be told what I can and can't put in a signature so long as it's legal and truthful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure