Is this normal for brokers?

Options

Comments

• inca_2
    inca_2 Posts: 283 Forumite
    Options
    When I called he wasn't there, so I talked briefly with a colleague of his who understood we had a deal arranged but said he would keep an eye out for any better deals and let me know if he found anything. I said I was watching the site every day but he was welcome to call me if he could get any special deals

Ashley said right from the beginning that he was more than happy to go with the broker if they could find him something better. Instead of seeing this as a good opportunity to make some business and please a client which could well result in further business they decided to cross the line.

Also, the broker would not have lost any business and the client would not have gone direct if they had actually contacted the client prior to the deal finishing as agreed.

You really do have one almighty big chip on your shoulder and you seem to be on a one man vendetta to undermine this site. I will say the same thing I said on another post, this website is here for consumers. Yes the people that use it are lucky that they can get some fantastic contributions and information from mortgage advisors, brokers or tied. However the people that give this give it out of choice and if you disagree with this and don't want to share your knowledge for free then that is absolutely your choice and is fair enough but what then is your motive for posting here? I just can't understand it.

Also, answering every question with go seek advice or go see a broker is not helpful in the slightest. People come here for information thoughts and opinions from across the board not just brokers. You refuse to acknowledge the rules of the forum (whether you agree with them or not makes no difference they are the rules, would you break the law because you don't agree with that particular law?) you don't seem to want to make any valid contribution and you don't seem to agree with anything that this site stands for so again, why do you bother posting here?
  • confused31_2
    confused31_2 Posts: 1,272 Forumite
    Options
    Rick62 wrote: »
    Do you mean one product fee for 2 seperate mortgages or do you mean one product fee for 2 seperate products on the same mortgage?

The former, no, the later yes.

Basically three years ago last october i renewed my original morgtage and got it fixed for 5 years at 4.69%, the fee to secure this product was 389 pound.

At the same time i wanted to borrow a additional 10,000 pound, what the nationwide did for me then was they gave me the 10,000 pound fixed for 5 years at 4.69% but never took a fee as i had the same fixed rate as my main morgtage.

i now have two seperate mortgages my main one which is over 300 pound a month, and the 10,000 pound one which is 187 pound a month.

The latter mortgage for 10,000 pound will be finished in 20 months and that morgtgae will be finshed.

Then i will just have to find a new product for my main mortgage, ive even got the paperwork that was emailed to me still.

See what i was going to do was borrow a additional 35000 pounds on a 2 year fix now, then when my 5 year fixed finishes go on to the svr until the 35000 fix finishes and then pay one fee and secure a product for the 2 mortgages, i have spoke to the nationwide and they did say i could, feisty said i coudnt do it, we will just have to wait and see, but like i said i done it before.
    I am not a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as not being a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm aware of one now occasional poster who I am told is now an ex-broker who has not removed his signature ( albeit I don't think he posts on mortgage board under that log-in anymore, possibly he does under a different non-broker username)

I am aware of a number of brokers who don't use the signature ( or not in correct manner)

I personally think that in the 2 above circumstances the latter is more worrying

.My original suggestion of adding an FSA FRN was rejected when the "code" was set up"
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    feisty1 wrote: »
    However if I was answering the fone for a free information service, or an advisor sat on here all day offering free "advice" I would be going on the wannabe free of debt board instead of off ski-ing this weekend.... ......adios veale el lunes

says someone with average 9 posts a day almost all on the mortgage / house boards,
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • beecher
    beecher Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Options
    payless wrote: »

says someone with average 9 posts a day almost all on the mortgage / house boards,

Most of those posts are saying 'go to see a broker' or 'really???? so even if she's sitting on here all day, she's certainly not giving anyone advice. I don't see the point myself, though I can never understand trollish behaviour.
  • dwsjarcmcd
    dwsjarcmcd Posts: 1,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As usual I find fiesty1's approach to this thread quite amazing, particularly when you look at the facts
    1. The OP gave the broker the opportunity to beat the current deal. That is one of the primary functions of a broker....so there was potential income.
    2. Even if the broker couldn't beat the deal, as has been mentioned before, there was a win/win situation where the income could have been split for the sake of a telephone call.
    3. The OP is a client of the broker and they get paid an income for the mortgage protection policy. Are they not entitled to 30 seconds of their time just based on that?
    4. It's up to the broker to turn an enquiry into income, that's what happens in the real word!

As with most of their posts, they offer all help short of actual assistance, other than of course the 'go see a broker' line.
  • feisty1
    feisty1 Posts: 1,487 Forumite
    Options
    payless wrote: »
    ...........................says someone with average 9 posts a day almost all on the mortgage / house boards,

Most of them have either been accumuated answering this wretched thread or to earlier in the season when i damaged my leg........I have no problem with what yr posting as I know the 000's on the cheque to the IR.
  • feisty1
    feisty1 Posts: 1,487 Forumite
    Options
    Many clients do not understand what is deemed as advice........ but for you advisers this is a different matter. So you would give "advice" on receipt of a phone call, what happened to your compliance procedures & "knowing your customer"........someone you had dealt with months previous and you'd just launch into discussion re a product you hadn't recommended!!!!

Really, I'm not bothered about this particular incident.........I am commenting in general..........So many of you are taking such risks, (in the hope of picking up business here I guess) I can't think of any other reason than chasing business, otherwise why bother posting you are a adviser. Does your PI cover you posting on here? You may think what I am writing is utter nonsense, test it, go and ask your compliance departments/insurers tomorrow morning. Tell them you're not giving advice but do use a signature stating you're a adviser. I understand some networks have even taken such steps as prohibiting advisers from such acts. Just because you have a disclaimer doesn't exempt you, otherwise why publish you are an adviser.... so much is bordering on advice. You are not 100% anonymous, an adviser who regularly posts on here, did so on another website and was traced back through his email address. A complaint was made regarding the "advice" he had posted, thankfully for that adviser it was not upheld. Is your signature a "financial promotion" as you can be contacted direct through the PM service!!! that said.........some of you aren't even whole of market advisers i.e. a regular authorised by Mortgage Next! and then.........some of you aren't even advisers!!........then payless uses his company name!!

I have seen so many questions asked on here, that could easily be seen as someone requesting information for purposes such as tax evasion, money laundering etc....in the rush to answer these, none of you appear to give consideration to such matters. If you had been asked these questions face to face would you so readily divulge "information/advice"
    One example, posting this is no risk as it is already has been done, " currently have a mortgage outstanding of 110k.....boyfriend is going to give me 50k for a 50% share of the property, is not employed but can show deposits into his account, is it better for the lender to see he is employed as if so this can be arranged" that is just a shortened version, but so many like this!!!...that you all love to answer!!

You have played right into my hands with some of your comments. No doubt I will be "excommunicated" after posting, however don't say goodbye!!

The Treasury Committee meet on Wednesday 4 February re The Banking Crisis to discuss such topics as whether journalists have sufficient expertise in financial issues etc so maybe you will have to start generating your own business other than lurking round here........however you never know who you're going to meet when lurking!
  • b0rker
    b0rker Posts: 479 Forumite
    Options
    feisty1 wrote: »
    Really, I'm not bothered about this particular incident.........I am commenting in general..........So many of you are taking such risks, (in the hope of picking up business here I guess) I can't think of any other reason than chasing business, otherwise why bother posting you are a adviser. Does your PI cover you posting on here?

Just because you have a disclaimer doesn't exempt you, otherwise why publish you are an adviser.... so much is bordering on advice. You are not 100% anonymous, an adviser who regularly posts on here, did so on another website and was traced back through his email address.

I have seen you post on here that you are an adviser. In fact you make a point of doing so regularly as part of your posturing. What difference is there in doing that from having it in your signature? None.

I am starting to find your attitude on here pretty sad and boring.

I have had small pieces of information provided to me on this forum from people who announce that they are advisers in their signature. I am 99% certain that I will not use these particular individuals when I go to re-arrange this September. I am 99% sure I will approach a local adviser who I can meet face to face. I cannot see how they are trying to gain my business on here. I have had a few grey areas in my mortgage knowledge clarified by them. I greatly appreciate that.

No big deal for them or me.

You make an awful big deal out of nothing.
  • beecher
    beecher Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Options
    I can only conclude that feisty is loving all the attention she's getting on here and that we're helping her to prove to herself how important she is, and how important her job is. I do think she's got that importance way out of proportion though. I suppose it is a reaction to the times, but it isn't very helpful to people who post on here. And I am also realising that reacting to her posts is exactly what she wants, so I'm just encouraging her......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure