hidradenitis suppurativa

Options
anyone else suffer from an acute form of this, i do and its excruciating, it actually stops you using the arm thats affected, the antibiotics are crap but you take them just to reduce it reacurring quicker, there is no cure i've already had my tracts removed under my left arm and skin grafts but it doesnt do that much to relieve the problem.
Anyone else?

Comments

• sharon59
    sharon59 Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Options
    hi strong96 -I do not suffer the same illness as you but just wanted to welcome to the forum.I googled your illness and it sounds like you have a lot to cope with.Sorry your pain is not under control.Wishing you well and keep posting.
    sharonx
    :j this money saving is such fun:T
  • Justice1_2
    Options
    I suffer from this as well. The pain I experience almost weekly from this alone drives me mad. No point with the antibiotics, they dont work. Under arms, under breasts, and groin area all scarred, ugly. I think, its a case of grinning and bearing to be honest, I sympathize with anyone who has this problem, it really sucks.:confused:
  • cleomolly
    cleomolly Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    I to suffer with this and have done for over 10 years. I do not have it anywhere a part from my groin area and dred getting it under the arms! I'm currently thinking of a DLA claim but having done some research on the net, it doesn't look like i will be succesful in getting it. anyone else have experience of claiming with this condition?
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member No 315
    Married 03/04/2010
    with many thanks to MSE Wedding board
    LO 23/03/12 Special thanks to TTC thread
  • fairydust07
    Options
    Hi, I have just been diagnosed with HS, despite suffering for years! I was prescribed the antibiotics which started working but then lost effect. The worst thing about these pills is that they are known for causing thrush! I got an almighty bout of thrush like I have never experienced before and then developed oral thrush too which made it too painful to eat! In the end I just stopped taking the pills and had to cut the boils open to relieve the pain. It sounds horrendous but I'm sure you can understand how easy it is to be driven to such extreme measures!! My doc said the pills are the only way to treat them and that I should avoid surgery at all costs because most of the time the problem comes back anyway! Sorry There's no cheery advice or anything, but I do understand what you're going through!
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi everyone

We've been asked by the owner of a support website if they can post it here to help you. As we don't usually permit sites to advertise I've posted it for them. It's Hidradenitis Suppurativa Support.

The person who runs the site is an MSE forum user and we're very happy for them to answer questions here if you have any about their site.

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • strong96
    strong96 Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    well i put it on my latest renewal as it is something other than my arthritis, not sure if it affected my claim but i now have indefinte period instead of every 2-3 years. i know what you mean about the scaring its ugly to say the least, i have found going on a stand up sunbed once a week actually has reduced the flar ups, as it dries the skin, not a great a solution but hey it works so i dont care
  • lorweld
    lorweld Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yep o/ me too:(

Just back from A&E after having an incision and drainage done:o

It really sucks.
    :hello:
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I am a long time sufferer of Hidradenitis Suppurativa. It is so painful and embarrasing, I just wish there was something that could be done :(

The last flareup I had, I couldn't walk properly :(
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • strong96
    strong96 Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    they call it an orphan disease and no cure, not good to hear when you have to suffer it
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Anyone sucessfully claimed DLA?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure