»

AIRING CUPBOARD how do you organise

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

AIRING CUPBOARD how do you organise

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
109 replies 73.1K views
[Deleted User][Deleted User]
0 posts
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
I have just pulled everything out of my airing cupboard and I have an enormous heap on the lounge floor. I don`t have a tank in there and I have two slatted shelves and a half-depth slatted shelf. I don`t know where to start. It is an excellent storage facility but has turned into a glory hole. Arghhh!! How do you organise yours?

Replies

• I shall be following this with intrest as my airing cupboard has to stay shut cos when the door is opened you get attacked by duvets covers & towels!!!

Lisa
    MoneyBox savings £30.37 (10/05/06)
    Now at................£54.50(07/06/06)

:j :j :j :beer: :beer: :T

Bank account RBS in the black

Bank account Lloyds in the RED :mad:
  • [url="http://!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN"][img]http://smileys.!!!!!!/cat/36/36_1_38.gif[/img][/url] No airing cupbourd in my house !! Just piles and piles of ironing everywhere...argghh
    I have had brain surgery - sorry if I am a little confused sometimes ;)
  • SpendlessSpendless Forumite
    21.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find rolling towels means they take up less space.

HTH
  • stressedoutmumof1stressedoutmumof1 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid I can't be much help here, my laundry attacks me every time I open the door :rotfl:

I shall be watching this thread with interest!!
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • I'm afraid I can't be much help here, my laundry attacks me every time I open the door :rotfl:

I shall be watching this thread with interest!!

wait until you are a stressedoutmumof2 !!!!! It amazes me just how much washing and dreaded ironing they create!
    I have had brain surgery - sorry if I am a little confused sometimes ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No answers yet!! I suspect that most of us have the same type of mess in the airing cupboard

Rolling towels seems a good idea. Never thought of that. I might even make some large elastic bands to keep them rolled
  • SpendlessSpendless Forumite
    21.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not used elastic bands on mine. They just remain rolled.

Another tip I've read but not put into practise:o is to put all the matching stuff inside the quilt cover, eg the pillowcases,valance etc, so when you are changing the bedding you know its all together inside one duvet cover.
  • Matching stuff inside the quilt cover - what a brilliant idea i am going to do that one
  • Bogof_BabeBogof_Babe Forumite
    10.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep the spare towels in a wardrobe in the spare bedroom, except for the set that we use every alternate week. The top racks that I have to stand on a chair to reach are stuffed with spare pillows and bathmats that we don't use any more as they are the wrong colour. I also keep spare bedding in an ottoman on the landing, as I like my airing cupboard to be fairly uncluttered.

We bought extra wooden slats so I now have about 12 available for hanging clothes over to dry. I use the bottom level front slat for drying stuff on hangers. The hot water tank is in there so things dry quite quickly.

It is my favourite room in the house :o - I couldn't manage without it.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have put two things back. So pathetic and I`m being so slow

I tried using those vaccuum bags in the past from qvc but they have all expanded and made the situation worse with things on top sliding off. I think I`ll do the 3 piles thing, like with clothes. One to definitely keep, one maybe and 1 to go out. We have a community shop near here so I can recycle some items.

OMG this is decluttering with a vengance. This was always out of sight, out of mind