My 2009 Diary

Options

Comments

• get_me_debt_free
    Options
    mum2one wrote: »
    Sorry if this sounds cheeky, but if your a single parent like me, Is £60.50, child tax credit is about £40 pw, then £20 cb, your get ur council tax benefit pd, (applied for seperately), then 13 weeks 4 mortgage, or as I keep trying to do find a sugar daddy..........but thats not working either!!!

Everything ok for once, which makes a change, thou 2mor taking dd and her friend 2 c Nims Island (on £1, kids film), then Mcdonalds 4 dinner, so may be grey, nearly bald and a nervous wreck!

u take care, if theres anything I can help with or u need a friend to moan at, just shout or pm me. x

Do you know what the percentage of the mortgage is that they pay?
    Thanks hope you have a good time...Nims Island hey on a quid!! how do you do that!!! xxx
    BR on 21st December 2009.. life begins!
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    re Mortgage, just got this off the jobcentre plus website

Support for mortgage interest

If you are claiming Income Support, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or income-related Employment & Support Allowance and you are a homeowner, your benefit may include additional support for mortgage interest (SMI).
    Payments can be made towards a customer's mortgage interest payments for loans taken out to purchase the property or for specific home improvement loans. No guarantee can be made that the Department will meet a loan prior to it being taken out. No help can be provided towards housing costs such as payments of capital owed on a loan, insurance premiums or mortgage arrears.
    From 5 January 2009, a temporary package of measures was introduced to provide extra help to new customers in light of the economic downturn. These changes will be reviewed when the housing market recovers.
    Rules that apply to new claims from 5 January 2009
    For customers making a new claim to benefit from 5 January 2009:
    • There is a waiting period of 13 weeks before help is provided at 100% of eligible mortgage interest.
    • The capital limit up to which mortgage interest can be met is £200,000.
    • There is a two year time limit on payment of mortgage interest but only for new Jobseeker's Allowance claims.
    Dont know if thats any help,

Re £1.00 film, our local cinema (cineworld) they do Movies 4 Juniors on Sat 10am, theres a choice of 3 films (there films that have already done the circuit), but both adults and childrens tickets are £1.00 each, a lot of the cinema chains do offers, if you got one near worth asking, as there not always advertised.
    Wish me luck, going with dd + her friend. xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • get_me_debt_free
    Options
    mum2one wrote: »
    re Mortgage, just got this off the jobcentre plus website

Support for mortgage interest

If you are claiming Income Support, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or income-related Employment & Support Allowance and you are a homeowner, your benefit may include additional support for mortgage interest (SMI).
    Payments can be made towards a customer's mortgage interest payments for loans taken out to purchase the property or for specific home improvement loans. No guarantee can be made that the Department will meet a loan prior to it being taken out. No help can be provided towards housing costs such as payments of capital owed on a loan, insurance premiums or mortgage arrears.
    From 5 January 2009, a temporary package of measures was introduced to provide extra help to new customers in light of the economic downturn. These changes will be reviewed when the housing market recovers.
    Rules that apply to new claims from 5 January 2009
    For customers making a new claim to benefit from 5 January 2009:
    • There is a waiting period of 13 weeks before help is provided at 100% of eligible mortgage interest.
    • The capital limit up to which mortgage interest can be met is £200,000.
    • There is a two year time limit on payment of mortgage interest but only for new Jobseeker's Allowance claims.
    Dont know if thats any help,

Re £1.00 film, our local cinema (cineworld) they do Movies 4 Juniors on Sat 10am, theres a choice of 3 films (there films that have already done the circuit), but both adults and childrens tickets are £1.00 each, a lot of the cinema chains do offers, if you got one near worth asking, as there not always advertised.
    Wish me luck, going with dd + her friend. xx

GOOD LUCK!!
    How old is your DD?
    I have a 10 year old dd and a 7 year old ds.
    Thanks for that it sure does help, so if after 13 weeks i still havent found a job they will pay my interest,
    I have a cineworld about 20 miles from me I will ask next time im in there, Bolt is on and kids wanna go see it but your talking £20 plus by the time they get a bit of popcorn and a drink!! have fun,,, lol
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    DD is 6, thou at times going on 18, Bolt seems to be flavour of the month, she wants to see that, told her she will have to wait, (wait till its on a Wednesday so can use Orange 2 4 1).
    Its unbelievable the price they charge for popcorn and drinks dd likes the fanta freeze, has one ocassionally as a treat, but thats £3.00. I sound like a right scrooge.
    Yes all Cineworld do the Sat am, just go on to there website and put in the day and it tell you what kids films are on.

As ur youngest is 7, there put u on Income Support, not sure how the mortage side works sorry. xx
  • get_me_debt_free
    Options
    Thanks Mum2one your a star always possitive and you have made me feel better today,
    Well i tackled the playroom and i dunno seam to have made more of a mess got 2 bin bags of rubbish out, got rid of the snooker table on freecycle, they are collecting tomorrow so that will be out the way.
    NSD today I havent been out the front gate, I need to go shopping again.. fridge is empty,
    cut up all my potatoes I had left last night had some chips for dinner and there is enough for dinner tomorrow if I do a roast, I got some frozen veg and carrots to go with it, I got some lamb in the freezer will take it out tonight. that can be for lunch or tea, As I want to go to mums tomorrow to sort DD pony,and DS wants to go on his quad.
    My enjoyment is watching them!!
    got enough food for monday, we can have beans on toast or pasta for tea.
    so will route out the cupbards to see if I can stretch what we have,
    Car is booked in for MOT next week!!!I hope it doesnt cost too much,
    After my Appointment on wednesday with the job centre i will see if I got a bit of cash to go to Aldi or somewere. least i will know what money I will be getting then,
    xx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Your doing brilliantly, cant believe how much u got done today. Ur 100% more organised than me.........my declutter bedroom has been on to do list since new yr........1st week after half term!! xx
  • get_me_debt_free
    Options
    I am feeling really low today, I have just realised I havent got enough to pay my mortgage the end of this month, I did the cccs online form today and they said based on my details I am £300 a month short and would not beable to go on a plan. what am i to do if I cant get a job!
    I dont want to lose my home, kids home, im in a mess.
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Ah sweetheart, you dont need this added stress, the priority is roof over your head, council tax, food then debts........
    Without sounding personal
    - lot of questions, (sorry)
    what date is your mortgage due,
    how much are you short,
    Im guessing your on an interest only mortgage?
    How long have u had the mortgage - reason y, is there any way that you could ask for a payment holiday,

Council tax - that will take care of itself eventually under the Income Support claim

Credit cards, the qst to kick in is Virgin in May 09, I'm guessing you have been over paying on all the cards, what would the minimum payment be?

Option CCCS - ok at the moment there saying ur not suitable, if you took the mortage payment out of the equation would that make any difference, (try again on line). Plan B to that would be go through CAB, but cross that bridge when and if it comes.

Again have you got any space on Barclaycard, may be worth looking into doing a balance transfer when the virgin ends.

Going back to your house again, if I remember right a month or so a go Gordon Brown was doing something to stop homes being repossed, basically saying banks etc have to be more flexible.

I know IS you have to wait 13 weeks, so your claim is Wed -
    est dates - for 13 week period, thou I would ask if your IS can be back dated to when u finished work, (if no) to when you made the initial contact (if yes - that will reduce some of the weeks below)
    wk 1 11th - 18th feb
    wk 2 18th - 25th feb
    wk 3 25th feb - 4th mar
    wk 4 4thmar - 11th mar
    wk 5 11th mar - 18th mar
    wk 6 18th mar - 25th mar
    wk 7 25th mar - 1st apr
    wk 8 1st - 8th apr
    wk 9 8th - 15th apr
    wk 10 15th - 22nd apr
    wk 11 22nd apr - 29th apr
    wk 12 29th apr - 6th may
    wk 13 6th may to 13th may

Re Credit cards - if your going to get stuck ring them, as they can usually arrange a 3 month payment plan without it going to thier collections dept,

Just get a good nights sleep - tomorrow your be in a lot better position and you know where you are, whats coming in and what there going to do to help you.
  • get_me_debt_free
    Options
    Thanks for that mum2one,
    That all makes sense to me, oneproblemI have tho is my dad is on my mortgage but all my back statements show that I am paying off the mortgage, I am just going to have to wait till tomorrow,
    CSA have applied nowfor deduction of earnings so I wont get a penny till middle of april.!
    How has your day been, My friend has signed up to Block buster and she gets as many films as she can watch and return in a month for only 9 quid... now that sounds good to me.. I will be borrowing them before she posts them back..!
    x
    x
    x
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Glad your ok, what a bummer re the CSA, but if you went on IS etc think your only allowed to keep the 1st £10 of CSA, whether that is per child I dont know. My ex doesnt know what the meaning of CSA is........says it all.

RE the mortgage, just take extra paperwork, statement from the mortage company, and ur bank statements to show that its u that pays, not sure how ud come of.

Quiet day here, been trying to get OU started, but everything went out of the window, sods law got tutorial on Sat. Bless her dd is paying for me to go to see Bolt, it was a case of she pays or she doesnt go, feel so quilty, but she needs to learn value of money.

Got parents evening thurs a whole 5 minutes!!

Soz got muddled up with the days, though today was Wed, so double gd luck 4 2mor.

Hope u get a gd share of the dvds, dont know if ur friend has tried lovefilm they also do a free trial. May be on Quidco, not sure but if they are - get cashback,x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport