Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Options

Comments

• scarlet55
    scarlet55 Posts: 21,780 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I really hope so :) I've not been sunbathing I've been trying to get all my paperwork in order :eek: I think I'm as prepared as I can be for when my new forms come. Dreading ringing all my creditors to ask for my current balances. Some of my debts have been sold on to the m*f*a !!!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Well you'd think so the way they speak to u :mad: :mad: :mad: I have my current estimated balances from the CCCS, would they suffice or is it better to call every1 & then add a little?! :think::think::think: ................or add a lot :naughty::naughty::naughty:
    you can give them your current balances now..they will ask you to get more upto date ones when they are ready to submit your dro...i wouldnt phone them yet cuz you will only have to do it all again when the time comes;);)
  • broken_spirit
    Options
    scarlet55 wrote: »
    i had to ring one that had been passed onto a debt agency and i hadnt paid it for a year..anyway i plucked up the courage and just said i had been in touch with the cab about sorting my debts out and could they give me a balance and i would get back to them in a couple of weeks...as soon as i mentioned the cab they were fine and said they would give me 30 days to get back to them...i know its horrible doing it but try that on them.. they seem to be fine if you tell them uv been to the cab cuz they think you r gonna sort it and pay them :):):) xx

I'm definately gonna use the "CAB" line, as Orville just suggested the same. I think I'm worrying about nothing as there's nothing they can actually do 2 me on a phoneline!!! I'm gonna try tomorrow, I know it's Saturday but I'm sure I'll catch 1 or 2 of them.
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    no, if you phone them 2morrow you'l only have to do it again when your dro is submitted cuz of any interest...put down your estimates but add quite a bit on xx
  • broken_spirit
    Options
    you can give them your current balances now..they will ask you to get more upto date ones when they are ready to submit your dro...i wouldnt phone them yet cuz you will only have to do it all again when the time comes;);)

Would you add a little on to the estimated balances I've got? I'm gonna have 2 call 1 of them as I have 2 provide the name of the original creditor & the DCA who are now dealing with it & to my shame I don't have a clue who the original creditor was :o:o:o:o:o
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    lol,well just call that one then and yes add some on....if you phone them all and then have to phone them all again in a few weeks they might think your upto something and you dont want them to know what your doing
  • broken_spirit
    broken_spirit Posts: 743 Forumite
    edited 8 April 2011 at 10:51PM
    Options
    lol,well just call that one then and yes add some on....if you phone them all and then have to phone them all again in a few weeks they might think your upto something and you dont want them to know what your doing

That's true :T Good job I've got u lot 2 point me in the right direction, otherwise I'd still be going round in circles :D I've got my cashminder account through 2day, so I;ve moved all the payments due in & all direct debits due out. So that's 1 less thing 2 worry about. Should I now close my current Halifax account or just leave it empty?
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    id just leave it thats what iv done with mine...they'l close it soon enough anyway...glad uv got ur new account sorted, thats another thing ticked off ur list....talking of lists i found it quite theraputic to write down everything i had to do and then tick them off one by one...it made me feel like i was getting nearer :j:j
  • broken_spirit
    Options
    id just leave it thats what iv done with mine...they'l close it soon enough anyway...glad uv got ur new account sorted, thats another thing ticked off ur list....talking of lists i found it quite theraputic to write down everything i had to do and then tick them off one by one...it made me feel like i was getting nearer :j:j

Lol..................that's exactly what I've done 2day :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I've not got very many boxes ticked yet but I'll get there little by little. I've just to call CB to change DD details as my next payments due on Monday so I thought it would be better 2 wait b4 I moved that 1. What a nightmare I had getting thru 2 the TV license.....................I hate automated services with a passion :mad::mad::mad: xxx
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl:you'll get there..i know it all seems neverending at the moment but it will be well worth it in the end, i have to say im getting as excited for you as i was for myself.... ...iv been on the insolvency website 3 times today just to make sure they havnt changed their minds lol xx:):)
  • broken_spirit
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl:you'll get there..i know it all seems neverending at the moment but it will be well worth it in the end, i have to say im getting as excited for you as i was for myself.... ...iv been on the insolvency website 3 times today just to make sure they havnt changed their minds lol xx:):)

Lol. U daft beggar!! you're not meant 2 be worrying anymore :) It's just I'm finding it a little overwhelming somedays. 2day I wished I'd just been able 2 hand some1 my paperwork & forms & said.............. There u go, fill your boots :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:But I know that's not going 2 happen. So hopefully my replacement forms will arrive 2moro & I'll be able 2 get them filled in & returned on Monday, then it's just a waiting game until an authorised advisor can take a look at them xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback