edited 13 March 2019 at 3:26PM in IVA & DRO
5K replies 1.9M views

Replies

• edited 8 April 2011 at 8:39PM
    broken_spiritbroken_spirit Forumite
    743 posts
    edited 8 April 2011 at 8:39PM
    scarlet55 wrote: »
    Hmmm not sure about that one broken spirit but u might as well cuz it will save you sending it later if they ask 4 it xx

It seems 2 be a grey area, perhaps because the rules have just changed. I don't pay anything in (never have done) & I can't touch it until I retire. I believe it's gonna give me an estimated £150 a year! when I reach pension age (another 25 +yrs 2 go) There's only a space on the forms for pensions you are payin in2/ receiving an income from. I think I'll just present it with an attached note & hope that will suffice xxx
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • i think that should be ok...by the time you get it wot will £150 be worth anyway...probably about a tenner if ur lucky lol...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • scarlet55 wrote: »
    i think that should be ok...by the time you get it wot will £150 be worth anyway...probably about a tenner if ur lucky lol...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

True. I wish I hadn't bothered. I got talked in2 it by our sleazy insurance man when I was 18..........................didn't have a clue what I was signing. I'd actually forgotten about it until I came to look in2 DRO's & then BANG.........pension = no DRO. Good job I stumbled across this forum or I'd still think that applied. I can't believe it's only a wk since I 1st posted, it seems like an age ago!
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • i know same here i only posted for the first time just over a month ago...seems iv been here forever lol:dance::dance:
  • Is that how long it took your DRO from start 2 finish? Or were u like me asking lots of questions b4 u applied?
  • :) i dont know what to do now iv got no debts to worry about....:T i used to sit and write down how much i had to pay out every 2wks and count how many pennies i had left....now what do i do ?
  • I'm sure you'll soon find something 2 occupy your time. I'll be keeping u busy until I've got myself sorted out! You can advise others on here using your own experience, it's help me immensely xxx
  • Is that how long it took your DRO from start 2 finish? Or were u like me asking lots of questions b4 u applied?
    i was asking questions for a bit then i phoned the cab up one friday, had my initial appointment on the following thursday...the next tuesday i saw my adviser, and the next wednesday she submitted it...so about 3 wks in all cant quite believe its over after years of worry :j:j:j
  • just been on that bloody insolvency website again....just to make sure im still on it....paranoid or what.lol......phew....still there.......:):):)
  • scarlet55 wrote: »
    i was asking questions for a bit then i phoned the cab up one friday, had my initial appointment on the following thursday...the next tuesday i saw my adviser, and the next wednesday she submitted it...so about 3 wks in all cant quite believe its over after years of worry :j:j:j

I wish I could get in at the CAB. but it's not possible. They do seem 2 be turning the DRO's round very quickly. I've already started receiving unwanted phone calls 2day & I've only missed 1 payment, so I dread 2 think what it's going 2 get like. But I'm going 2 use all the advice I've been given on here such as unplugging my phone when it gets 2 much & telling all my creditors I'm seeing the CAB to deal with my financial difficulties. I just need 2 be patient, not my strong point but I know it'll be worth all the hassle in the end.