Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Options

Comments

• Orville
    Orville Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    scarlet55 wrote: »
    ok thanx orville, still cant believe iv got the appointment so quick with the dro adviser, but when i see him is that it then or will there be any more appointments ?

Well have you all the paperwork such as the credit check..?. if not and you have to send off for it, do it now as it may hold it up if you do not have all the correct paperwork...
  • summerstreetallotments
    Options
    I'll be in the same situation...paid a catalogue bill with a credit card ..and then saw the light...cant go on like this...I've been ridiculous with money for years....
  • Orville
    Options
    I'll be in the same situation...paid a catalogue bill with a credit card ..and then saw the light...cant go on like this...I've been ridiculous with money for years....

Then do yourself and your sanity a favour, go see someone from the cab. If you feel your not ready, post a SOA here and i am sure we can all help.:D
  • scarlet55
    scarlet55 Posts: 21,780 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    ;)i have all the paperwork except credit report, there is no way it will get here on time so im gonna get the 30 day free trial on-line and download it, i think that will be best, thanks orville, ur a star x
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    I take it there is still nothing confirmed yet for April re ignoring pension funds as assets for DRO's? Doesn't seem like it will be put through for then otherwise they are cutting it fine aren't they?
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • wba31
    wba31 Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    Options
    3Dogs wrote: »
    I take it there is still nothing confirmed yet for April re ignoring pension funds as assets for DRO's? Doesn't seem like it will be put through for then otherwise they are cutting it fine aren't they?

rumour has it on April 6... but you've not heard that from me... :silenced:
  • Crisp_£_note
    Crisp_£_note Posts: 1,525 Forumite
    Options
    DRO hurdle ~ What's the next stepping stone towards being a debt free wannabe ?

:think: :whistle:Ok at the moment I am nervously waiting for a call to tell me my Debt Releif Order has been approved or not. Mine was submitted yesterday and hubbys is being put through today hopefully.

I hate making assumptions as thats the time usually all goes wrong.

But say for example it was successful and I was given a much needed break. Well bearing in mind any rules and regulations we must work by for the next 12 - 18 months.

What's the next stepping stone towards being a debt free wannabe ?

Thanks all and thanks to MSE, NDL and all you supportive forum members who have got us this far. Whatever happens I (we to include hubby) will get there someday !

Quick update -
    - mine was approved :D and hubbys was declined :eek: !!

As I said never assume anything :( :mad:
    Failure is only someone elses judgement.
    Without change there would be no butterflies.
    If its important to you, you'll find a way - if not, you'll find an excuse ! ~ Easy to say when you take money out of the equation!
  • wba31
    wba31 Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    Options
    Quick update -
    - mine was approved :D and hubbys was declined :eek: !!

As I said never assume anything :( :mad:

has your intermediary called the DRO unit to find out what your husband's was declined? could be worth looking into...
  • Orville
    Options
    wba31 wrote: »
    has your intermediary called the DRO unit to find out what your husband's was declined? could be worth looking into...

Yes i agree, i mean if it's a write off on paper. Can that be reason not to include it.?

Just my opinion though :)
  • scarlet55
    scarlet55 Posts: 21,780 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    dont no if ur still online orville but iff so iv a question...when you had your appointment with the dro adviser was that it or did you have to wait for all your creditors to get back in touch with your exact amount owing or does that matter iff u know the amount yourself, thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback