PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square To Give Your Share 2009!

Options

Comments

• f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everyone - sorry have not been around lately but HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL - hope everyone is well

Can you update me with:-
    1 x Stretchy Baby Hat
    1 x Bootees
    1 x Square
    1 x Baby Blanket
    1 x Scarf

Am really pleased because at last i have the hang of rib for pull on adult/baby hats and have been trying out some patterns from your sites.

I have also let a friend know of addresses to send donated knitted items to (I hope this is OK) she is an older lady who has no computer so cant log on but loves knitting baby items and they are really lovely

Anyway dinner smells like its burning so had better go love and best wishes to you all Jaqui (alias F1widow) xx
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
  • tooties
    tooties Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    hi can you update me with 1 hat and a cardy
    thanks
    :j
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm sorry I've not updated. I've had a hectic day that just went on and on. I shall update tomorrow - early in the morning if I don't oversleep, or later in the morning, when I've finished my stint at work.

I can't believe how much everyone is doing! You are all amazing. I haven't had chance to pick up the needles today but will try and make up for it for an hour or so this evening.

F1widow - my Mum is a member here. She's not online but I've given her a name and add her items to our running totals. If your friend would like to choose a forum name, we can still add her items to our totals list. That way she can keep track of the things she makes, via you, if she's happy to do that. Thanks very much for telling her about us! The more the merrier!

Anyway, I'm dying to sit down for the first time today. I'll update tomorrow - there's loads to add, isn't there, thanks to you lovely people!

Have a good evening.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • mioliere
    Options
    Good morning all. Yes, I know it's early but, after oversleeping yesterday, I woke up too early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so here I am! I shall update now but nothing to add from me; I fell asleep over my knitting last night and I'm not happy about the crochet version of the vent hat I've made, so I can't add that, either. I shall unravel it and start again.

Anyway, I hope you are all coping with the horrid cold weather. Snuggled on the sofa under a blanket, with knitting on the go, is the best way to spend the time on days like this - I shall be doing that once I've finished work this morning!

Here's the latest update and the totals so far are looking amazing, aren't they? Well done, everyone!

Keep well and warm!

KathyXX

LATEST UPDATE:

Shazrobo
    5 vent hats
    1 bunting

Pippa.S
    1 cardi
    3 buntings

Mioliere
    1 STC hat
    1 bunting

Shezmit
    2 sleeping bags
    2 buntings
    2 teddies
    1 scarf
    1 boob
    3 Easter chicks
    1 mini Christmas stocking

Jellybeans
    2 baby hats
    2 Teddies for Tragedies

K2tog
    2 baby hats

LilyMay (my Mum)
    6 toddler cardies
    4 toddler hats
    3 baby hats
    6 baby blankets
    2 baby vests
    2 cardies
    8 buntings
    3 squares

Tooties
    5 baby hats
    1 cardie

F1Widow
    1 baby hat
    1 pr bootees
    1 square
    1 baby blanket
    1 scarf

TOTALS SO FAR (Vent, STC and all baby hats will be counted together under 'Baby hats' if everyone's happy with that?)

Baby hats: 18, Cardies: 4, Sleeping Bags: 2, Buntings: 15, Pairs of Bootees: 1, Teddies: 4, Scarves: 2, Toddler Cardies: 6, Toddler Hats: 4, Baby Blankets: 7, Baby Vests: 2, Squares: 4, Boobs: 1, Easter chicks: 3, Mini Christmas stocking: 1
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

• shazrobo
    shazrobo Posts: 3,313 Forumite
    Options
    hi kathy, my totals, should be 5 vent hats, and one burial bunting,
    nothing new to add to totals at mo, as i am busy knitting a jumper for my dad's birthday, which is next tues,
    thanks
    shaz x
    enjoy life, we only get one chance at it:)
  • rolo-polo1965
    Options
    I have just found this thread. I wish i had found it before. My youngest daughter is a premature baby she was born at 34 weeks, she is fine but i really struggled to find clothes, especially cardigans and hats. So i started knitting them myself.

I would love to join your thread and knit with you all.

Since the new year i have knotted 6 cardigans and 6 hats.

As i knit more i will let you know, i normally donate them to the hospital where i had my daughter. She is a strapping 13 year old now with no issues at all.

Happy New Year to you all
    :j rolo-polo1965 :j
  • donnasw
    Options
    Hi what a great idea! Wish I'd found your group before. I love knitting baby things etc. How do I join? I'd love to help. Donna
    Donna
  • mioliere
    Options
    Shazrobo - I'm so sorry. It's usually Pippa's I get wrong, too! I'll edit my last update to put it right. Sorry, again - it must have been too early in the morning!

RoloPolo - welcome to you. Glad your daughter is fine now, after a bad start. Would you like me to include your 6 hats and cardies in our totals? It doesn't matter where they go; lots of people send their items to local hospitals. Every single one is welcomed wherever it goes. Let me know if you want them added!

Donna - welcome to you, too! If you look at the very first post on this thread, all the relevant details (links to patterns, addresses and so on) are there. You don't have to join on here - just knit, then post what you've made and the quantity, and they will be added as I update. If you want to join our Yahoo group (it's where we post our photos of knitted items - although it's been a bit quiet on there lately, what with Christmas and so on), then you'll find the link on the very first post. You need to 'apply' and I'll 'approve you'.

Great to have you both with us!

Kathy
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

• rosepink1984
    rosepink1984 Posts: 2,753 Forumite
    Options
    This is such a great thread. It's cheered me up seeing that there are people who still do things for others.
    I would really like to join in - I love knitting although it's taken me months to get halfway through knitting a cushion cover. It was meant to be a wedding present, but I think it might be a first anniversary present! When I've done that I will start on some squares, I'm a bit too nervous about knitting hats or baby clothes (although I might have to knit a blanket to keep warm if my electricity is cut off next week - things are really rough after being unemployed since the summer, although I do have a job again now). I've got lots of wool left over from other projects.
    It's so nice to meet other people who like knitting!:j
    "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together."
    Sealed pot challenge no.576 Loose change pays your debt challenge #2 no.1 Wannabe flylady
    Weight lost since 9 June 2009: [STRIKE]5.5[/STRIKE] 6 lbs
  • rosepink1984
    rosepink1984 Posts: 2,753 Forumite
    Options
    mioliere wrote: »
    I've just read somewhere - can't remember where - that someone saves all their ends of wool (the bits that you cut off once you've finished sewing up), knots them together and knits rugs with them. I'm going to do that from now on - I've just been throwing the bits away which seems such a waste now!

How do you knit a rug? It sounds intriguing! Do the knots become part of it and make an interesting texture? It sounds wonderful, I'm going to try that if I can work out how to do it!:D
    "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together."
    Sealed pot challenge no.576 Loose change pays your debt challenge #2 no.1 Wannabe flylady
    Weight lost since 9 June 2009: [STRIKE]5.5[/STRIKE] 6 lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport