PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square To Give Your Share 2009!

Options

Comments

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Only Girl - thanks for your lovely words. I have become attached to you all, too, which is one of the reasons I missed the internet so much!

Maytaurus - that's a lovely pattern, thanks!
    At the risk of annoying everyone, it's been a lovely day here. The sun has been shining and the washing dried in about four hours! On the downside, when the sun goes down, it really causes a drop in the temperature so we need the heating on in the evenings. I think it's colder here in the evenings than it was when we left the UK in March.

Anyway, I'm off to put the dinner on, do a bit of ironing (you wouldn't believe how I've been putting it off - the pile is huge!) and then I hope to do a bit of crochet this evening. We are visiting friends tomorrow, so I shall take my crochet with me.

Will call back later.

KathyXX

Edited to wish F1Widow and Mr F1 a lovely anniversary tomorrow!
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Shazrobo- I read your post early this morning and have been thinking about you all day.

What can anyone say when you are feeling sad and down. Please read this thread all the time even if you are not up to posting. You really are not alone. We are such a lovely group and I really do feel that everyone will be sending you so many positive thoughts and wishes.

Just take a little bit of time at a time and if you cant knit just hug some really cosy wool.

Hope tomorrow may bring some comfort to you xxx
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello everyone :hello:

Well I think I have finally read through all the pages I missed when I was away, took ages, really enjoyed it though, had a few chuckles, and been going through the 'links' there are soooo many of them .... trouble is I want to knit everything now :rotfl:

Thank you for the welcome backs, I am getting warmer now :D
    Actually got my knitting out last night....ooo it was like meeting an old friend (how sad is that ):o

Maytaurus - Love the weather pic, just how it felt too;) I saw what you meant about the Suez Canal and the ships, never realised it was so big and so long though, but loved it.

Kathy - :hello::hello::hello: ello, glad you're back really missed you.

shaz - if you feel down and just need a ((hug)) or a chat remember we are here and ready to listen anytime, have a few of these to be going on with :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: x

Shelley - Glad you liked my latest boobs was'nt sure if the mid-wives would like them:confused:
    :j:T:j great news on reaching the target :j:T:j

We're off to see some friends at 7:00 so I better go get ready, I will take my knitting, just started a childs V-Neck cardi for L/H to send with the last squares I did before I went away.

Enjoy the rest of your evenings all
    Anne
    x
  • shazrobo
    shazrobo Posts: 3,313 Forumite
    Options
    happy wedding anniversary for tommorrow mr and mrs F1

my boyfriend and i split up tonight, knew it was coming but dosent make it any easier to bear

shaz xxx
    enjoy life, we only get one chance at it:)
  • f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    Shazrobo - oh I am so sorry (big foot in mouth!!! - wish I had not mentioned wedding anniversary!!!) even bigger hugs xxxxxx take care of yourself xxxxxxx (thank you for your good wishes though)

Mioliere - thank you for your good wishes

I did laugh when I saw Mr and Mrs F1 written down - chuckling away I was !!

Anyway off I pop again before Eastenders (may have to record though and watch later not much else on tonight and I promise ladies "I will do some knitting" !!

Hugs to you all xx
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
  • prfungi
    prfungi Posts: 539 Forumite
    Options
    shazrobo wrote: »
    my boyfriend and i split up tonight, knew it was coming but dosent make it any easier to bear

shaz xxx

Hi Shaz - sorry about that and when you're feeling rubbish as well, rat.:mad:
    If you want a chat - just ring me.

luv
    Pam
    :smileyhea
    Pam.:hello:
  • prfungi
    edited 5 May 2009 at 8:43PM
    Options
    k2tog wrote: »
    Pam, have just looked up your slanted shell pattern again and fancy giving it a go possibly to lap blanket size. Can you give me an idea of how many ch I need to start with for this please for it to be the right size and the pattern still OK?
    Hi
    the pattern needs any multiple of 3 plus 2 chains , on the baby blanket I've just done I used 83ch (81 +2) - using DK and a 4.00mm hook giving the same close finish I had in my sample - gave me just short of 18" width.

For a lap blanket you wouldn't need such a close finish I think that say a 5.00 hook and DK wool, 164ch would probably give about 45" width.

I've just finished a lace square so I'll check this while watching NCIS

be back later

Pam:smileyhea

OK just done 164ch and 1st row 5mm hook = 46½" - cor - good or what!.

Have now started a "Mums old cardis blanket"
    Reckon I could even go up to a 6mm hook might be worth a try next time

luv
    Pam
  • k2tog
    k2tog Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Pam. I'm going to try with some Aldi Aran and a 5mm as haven't got any bigger! Your guesstimate was scarily good!
  • k2tog
    k2tog Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Options
    Shaz - very sorry to hear that. Please keep in touch here and let us know if we can help x
  • prfungi
    Options
    k2tog wrote: »
    Thanks Pam. I'm going to try with some Aldi Aran and a 5mm as haven't got any bigger! Your guesstimate was scarily good!

I have a spare 6.0mm hook - pm me your addy & I'll send it you.

luv
    Pam:smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills