🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Talk Talk - anyone not heard from them?

Options
FL
FL Posts: 748 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi,
I wondered if there is anyone else like me out there. I subscribed to Talk Talk over a year ago and was on the free evening and weekend package. I know there have been lots of threads about what to do when this happens and how to get them to continue with the free calls BUT I have not heard from them.

Does this mean they will continue with the cheap package or should I phone to see what is happening. I obviously don't want to alert them to the fact that my free call period has ended unless they notice themselves.

Have just seen my go live date was the 19th January so I suppose they be in contact with me in the next few days

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    I had a letter to say they were putting me onto Option 1 automatically at the end of my year which gives me free calls at the w/ends icon12.gif

Best to check your bill and see what option you are on now.
  • FL
    FL Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a letter to say they were putting me onto Option 1 automatically at the end of my year which gives me free calls at the w/ends icon12.gif

Best to check your bill and see what option you are on now.
    I am on option Talk2 plus12 according to my original agreement.

I have just checked online and it is saying the same on my last bill dated 7-1-06.

Don't fancy paying loads for evening calls until I find out. Letter could have got lost.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Yes, I was on Option2 +12 when it was the free evening and w/end calls.

Maybe they will forget but I would keep an eye on it as you say.

icon7.gif
  • ginger_nuts
    ginger_nuts Posts: 1,972 Forumite
    Options
    have you tried to haggle a new deal .I would try before they write to you .
    whatever they offer dont move your line rental from BT
  • barron_2
    barron_2 Posts: 460 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Why Not,?
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    barron wrote:
    Hi

Why Not,?
    Because of the potential pitfalls (see HERE).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • barron_2
    Options
    Thanks Heinz,

Have read above ,but I was paying on DD £30 a month to BT and still getting a bill every QTR,not a lot,but it was still not in credit.

Have signed to TalkTalk and got 6 months free line rental.I'm on option 3 and my bill each month including mobiles is average £12.They still have an obligation if the line goes wrong to get it fixed via BT in a certain time,or pay compo.

Roughly my Phone bill for 06 will be £222 compared to £480 when with BT.

Dont get me wrong ,at the end of Nov 06 I will poss find A.N.Other supplier.

I tried all the 1886 etc,but was still paying £12 a month + line rental.

Thanks Again. Please tell me if i got it wrong.(hope not!!!!!!!!!!)
  • CrazyChemist_2
    Options
    FL wrote:
    I am on option Talk2 plus12 according to my original agreement.

I have just checked online and it is saying the same on my last bill dated 7-1-06.

Don't fancy paying loads for evening calls until I find out. Letter could have got lost.

TalkTalk seem to lose an awful lot of 'important letters'... don't trust them to tell you. They're going to gain if you make calls and get charged for each one! It isn't in their interest to write to you.

Just call and ask to speak to their cancellations dept and they will offer something... but DON'T MOVE LINE RENTAL AWAY FROM BT. Do so and regret it... :eek:
  • barron_2
    Options
    TalkTalk seem to lose an awful lot of 'important letters'... don't trust them to tell you. They're going to gain if you make calls and get charged for each one! It isn't in their interest to write to you.

Just call and ask to speak to their cancellations dept and they will offer something... but DON'T MOVE LINE RENTAL AWAY FROM BT. Do so and regret it... :eek:

Maybe its getting late,have read quite a lot of the postings,and i still dont understand about the warnings on switching line rental.

On my calculations i must be better off.

Someone PLEASE advise.

Cheers.Barron
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    barron wrote:
    Thanks Heinz,

Have read above ,but I was paying on DD £30 a month to BT and still getting a bill every QTR,not a lot,but it was still not in credit.

Have signed to TalkTalk and got 6 months free line rental.I'm on option 3 and my bill each month including mobiles is average £12.They still have an obligation if the line goes wrong to get it fixed via BT in a certain time,or pay compo.

Roughly my Phone bill for 06 will be £222 compared to £480 when with BT.

Dont get me wrong ,at the end of Nov 06 I will poss find A.N.Other supplier.

I tried all the 1886 etc,but was still paying £12 a month + line rental.

Thanks Again. Please tell me if i got it wrong.(hope not!!!!!!!!!!)
    Each to their own (you're a bigger user than me).

Personally, the cheapest possible BT line (£11 per month), a CPS which gives me free UK 01/02 calls evenings and weekends, 1899 for 3p UK calls weekdays and 18185 for 4p connection and 0.5p per minute calls to relatives and friends in Spain and Germany and for 4p connection and 5p/2p per minute calls to UK mobiles works for me.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport