PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2009 Money Saving Alternative Calendar

12345679»

Comments

• In my neck of the woods, the coal merchants drop their prices through the summer so it is always good to get a few bags in before the prices go back up in Autumn.

Can I suggest including last minute fresh food shopping on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve afternoons?- I got large punnets of fresh raspberries, melons and other expensive out of season fruit for 10p each and great meat bargains from Sainburys last year on these days...and a friend has told me that Lidl were giving away fruit and veg on Christmas Eve to clear the stock. :dance:
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

• Becky_2
    Becky_2 Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    Thanks angelavdavis, I have just printed out the calender for 2010 (post 62). What a brilliant idea, thanks for taking the time to make it.

All the best for 2010.

Becky
    No toiletries challenge, started 18/1/2010 - Putting £1 in my savings jar for every item that I use up. Pot 1 to 4 = £261. Pot 5=£23
    Boots points:£39.21. Extra money in 2012:£674.59. In 2013 £603.48. 2014: £85. 2015: £0 :j
  • Well done OP. I have added your post to my favourites and when I have some time to spare will fill in a spare calendar with the thing appropriate to us and perhaps add a few more ideas.

Bella.
    A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth. Luke 12 v 15
  • Thank you so much for this calendar. It is wonderful for people like me who want so much to be organised, but never quite achieve it.

I can`t add much, but for anyone who lives in an area where bilberries grow (saw them described as windberries on the Victorian Farm programme) don`t forget to go and pick some. They are costly in the shops.

PS I hope 2010 will be wonderful for all. Happy New Year.
    The more I see of men, the more I love dogs - Madame de Sevigne
  • Just to let you know there is a new thread started for the 2011 Calendar. It is open to / credited to everyone. Please join in if you have any ideas. I will take a note of any the new suggestions above.

The link is [thread=2176909]Work In Progress for 2011 Old Style Calendar[/thread]
    :hello:
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm so glad you're doing this again, it was so useful last year! Thank you :)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Thanks Angela for the 2010 callender I'm new to MSE just braved it and posted my first thread. Ive so much enjoyed reading all the posts, and am going to join the grocery challenge. This callender will heilp me keep on track as I am always full of good intensions.!!
    M&S 2,200.00
    Barclaycard £3840.00
  • Hi everyone

I'm new to forums and MSE so no idea if I'm doing this right - please excuse the new kid if I've put this in the wrong place or something... :o

There was a lot of correspondence back in 2006 that I got to off Google, about how to make jam last. Do you use a wax circle? Clingfilm? or just a hot jar & lid? I make really yummy lemon curd and this has never been a problem for me - I sterilise bottle and lid and put it all together and it lasts fine, but it always gets eaten so quickly that I don't know if it would last for longer than a month or so. To make it last for an extended period, would I need to do something special like use a wax disc? Do the rules for jam apply to lemon curd?

Thanks for any help I get!
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Hi Brigie :wave:. I think you may get more response if you try posting on the Quick Questions thread. Here's the link..http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1157745 Unfortunately I don't know how to move posts about or I'd do it for you :o
    Wish I could make jam & stuff so hope you get an answer or three :D
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills