PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2009 Money Saving Alternative Calendar

Comments

• rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I thought it might be a good idea to compile an alternative Old-Style calendar for 2009, showing the best times of year to find bargains, or the times to make the best savings. I see it as a calendar in reverse - The opposite of when the large companies would like us to buy things. ....

This is great, thank you Greenshieldstamp, and other contributors. :T:T:T
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Nitha
    Nitha Posts: 472 Forumite
    Don't forget make new years resolutions :)

Also Jan is a great time to stock up on Mulled wine (although if you're anything like me it'll be gone by the end of the year!)
    Taking baby-steps :beer:
  • FZwanab
    FZwanab Posts: 472 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    This has got me thinking about how much I could plan ahead....menu planning for a year? (ok menus for a month that repeat 12 times)

I was thinking of doing my usual weekly menu plan, but in a diary or spread sheet writing down what we actually had that week and at the end of the year you would have a years worth of ideas for next year. You might also see how the pounds are creeping on or off ( though not in my case :) )
    Penny xxx
    Old age isn't bad when you consider the alternative.
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    FZwanab wrote: »
    I was thinking of doing my usual weekly menu plan, but in a diary or spread sheet writing down what we actually had that week and at the end of the year you would have a years worth of ideas for next year. You might also see how the pounds are creeping on or off ( though not in my case :) )

What a great idea!!! :T
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,756 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    All cards are bought when I see them at The Card Factory and generally buy the 29p cards as most are lovely looking and look very expensive.
    PP
    xx
    From time to time they do a 10 cards for a £1 offer so I buy these then have some in - because in a hurry I really don't want to pay local shop/supermarket prices.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Ive just seen this and Im really impressed in the list and I think I will try and follow it.
    Sarah, who is trying to make small changes :money:
  • kippers
    kippers Posts: 2,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've been looking for ages and i can't find a particularly useful thread that i need, can anyone help me?

Some wonderful person on here started a diary with things to do each month and i wanted to use it to prepare for the new year....but i can't find it and i know it's really good.

• Is it this?
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1328695&highlight=2009

I went on search, and told it to search for 2009, but only in the titles, and only on the Old Style Board....
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Kippers,

Sarah is spot on. I'll add your thread onto that one now.

Pink
  • Mellika
    Mellika Posts: 506 Forumite
    What a fantastic thread! I just printed off the list and added it to my household notebook :D
    GC March Wk1 £28.72/£30 Wk2 £28.4/£29
    "Life is too short to float Coke cans..."
    Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, or do without!
    :jSealed Pot Challenge Member No.644 (Mar4-Dec1):j
    100 Day Challenge: 13/100 (Mar4-Jun9)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family