PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

cleaning grout

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• tilinglogistics
    Options
    LTP Mouldex is superb

Kev
  • pandora205
    pandora205 Posts: 2,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another vote for Lakeland HG Mould Spray here. It's magic stuff and even brings sealant back to pristine white.
    somewhere between Heaven and Woolworth's
  • jamesnithan
    Options
    Grout is used to stick the tiles to one another and walking on these tiles will eventually make them dirty. This dirt eventually spreads to the grout. This dirt gets stuck to the grout causing black stains, which can be removed by following below steps.
    Step1. Mix one cup of oxygen bleach with warm water in a bucket
    Step2. Pour the solution onto a dry floor so that your grout lines are completely saturated.
    Step 3.Scrub the grout with a nylon brush after 30 minutes.
    Step 4.Rinse the floor with clean water.
    Step5. If you get it clean enough you can seal it with grout sealer.
  • Old_Joe
    Old_Joe Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    I used a hand held steam cleaner. Found it cleaned most of the blackness but not all.
    I appreciate it isn't MSE but when at a Tile warehouse I saw and bought 500ml 'MOULDEX' Spray costing £9-95p, which is sprayed on the grouting.
    The instructions are to leave for 45 minutes or -as I did - overnight - The result was superb.
  • MrsRogers
    MrsRogers Posts: 631 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Bleach and water in an empty spray bottle... Leave for half hour then rinse... Always worked for me x
    Goal - We want to be mortgages free :j

I Quit Smoking March 2010 :T
  • bigcrags
    Options
    Tried toothpaste, didn't really work. Tried shoe whitener, it was better. Overall though bleach and a toothbrush has worked best for me.
  • Kainkeeton
    Options
    Oxygen bleach is a secure bleach substance, which works to dissolve germs and also crud while whitening cement. as well as Use a rubbing brush of your choice a tough bristled cleansing brush, a toothbrush are all good choices. This will certainly maintain your tiles cleaner ultimately. best way to clean your tiles and grout hire an expert firm. They have the equipment to clean your grout.
  • bigcmaple
    Options
    You should use a professional grout cleaner. They are formulated to clean off the dirt around your grout lines and still keep your grout in tact. You should be extra careful around grout lines because you don't want to damage them. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure