PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

cleaning grout

Options

Comments

• Mayberry0821
    Options
    This is the best stuff ever to clean bathtub tile and grout. THANK YOU! I can't believe how much time I've wasted over the years. This is incredible. Open the windows and wear rubber gloves. You'll be amazed!
  • Mayberry0821
    Options
    Dead easy - make a paste with bicarb and bleach, brush it on with a toothbrush, wait a short while and rinse off - it will come up like new

This is the best stuff ever to clean bathtub tile and grout. THANK YOU! I can't believe how much time I've wasted over the years. This is incredible. Open the windows and wear rubber gloves. You'll be amazed!
  • skaps
    skaps Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    Options
    Have been mopping my kitchen floor and have noticed the grout is dirty, has anyone any tips on how to clean this?
    MFW 2016 No 68 £1300/£8500 No new toiletries Cook sth different
  • rev229
    rev229 Posts: 1,045 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    spray bleach or a bucket of bleach and hot water and a stiff broom, wellies as it gets very wet and slippy. I also use a steam cleaner but the bleach is much better!
  • boo2410
    boo2410 Posts: 316 Forumite
    Options
    I too use spray and bleach and a greenie (scouring pad you use for washing up) - oh and plenty of elbow grease!!!:D
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I agree with the others, bleach is the best way to clean grout, but there is more advice on this thread:

cleaning grout

I'll merge this thread with that one later to keep the replies together.

Pink
  • skaps
    skaps Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    Options
    Will this work with black grout?
    MFW 2016 No 68 £1300/£8500 No new toiletries Cook sth different
  • bloodrose
    Options
    Had to make an account just to thank everyone who posted the shoe whitener tip - it's made our awful grouting in the kitchen look absolutely brilliant and clean, and it's so fast and cheap. Thanks so much!
  • KTB1
    Options
    Just did the bicarb with bleach method - put some vinegar into the mix as well (OHs onion vinegar as did not have plain vinegar in, so added a 'je ne sais quoi' to the aroma!).

Put it on the grout and could already see it working before I scrubbed off. Left for about 40 mins whilst i took the dog for a walk, came back scrubbed it off and rinsed with cold water and such an improvement.

Very effective, will be doing this in the future rather than buying sprays.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Do you think bicarb with bleach would work equally well for cleaning black mould out of the corners of my internal white double glazing sealing? Has anybody tried it? Condensation has dripped down into the corners and nothing seems to shift the hideous black stains.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure