We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Kingfisher vouchers

Options

Comments

• Agg
    Agg Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Grrrr! Just found out about this problem when I tried to spend my £25 worth of vouchers in B&Q this weekend. Just read a number of posts about the situation but can't seem to find anyone who has got an adequate resolution or definitive, show-stopping statement.

Has everyone just given up on this and reluctantly accepted that their vouchers are worthless?

I got mine through Shell Plus Points/Drivers Club. I have not called them yet to ask their opinion but I think I know what their answer will be.......and tbh, I think I know what I'd say to me in their situation!

Any updates on this?

Cheers Agg
  • REJ105
    Options
    Hi,

We have been trying to recover the Kingfisher vouchers which were obtained from Shell points. Having sent the said vouchers and correctly completed claim form to Deloitte as instructed, a response was received (after a follow up phone call) stating that

"If the vouchers were purchased from Flogistics/Kingfisher or the third party you purchased them from will not reimburse you or replace them, then you may have an unsecured claim against the company in liquidation".

Contact was made with Shell prior to contacting Deloitte, however they said that it had nothing to do with them.

Can anybody advise where to go next ?

Thanks in advance
  • casawle25
    Options
    Has anyone heard yet from flogistics? I have £200 woth of vouchers that I received when I got my kitchen from B&Q - can anyone advise on what to do next?

Any useful help or advice would be gratefully received!
  • wookie6
    wookie6 Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did anyone ever hear back from flogistics / giftvouchercentre? I was left in the same situation last year and recently came across my vouchers again.

Has anayone had any success in getting their money back for the vouchers?
  • Mankysteve
    Mankysteve Posts: 4,257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The B&Q kingfisher one with 5 companies listed including MVC were issued when Woolworths were still owned by the kingfisher group. B&Q will take them.

If its just got comet, B&Q and woolworth they were issued by woolworth under lience after they left the kingfisher group so wont be accepted. For reference.
  • hotlips69
    Options
    Totally awesome news Mankysteve!! :T

My £75 of vouchers will not be wasted after all!!

Can't thank you enough! :beer:
  • hotlips69
    Options
    Mankysteve wrote: »
    The B&Q kingfisher one with 5 companies listed including MVC were issued when Woolworths were still owned by the kingfisher group. B&Q will take them.

If its just got comet, B&Q and woolworth they were issued by woolworth under lience after they left the kingfisher group so wont be accepted. For reference.
    At the time of my last post, I'd rang my local B&Q and they confirmed they would take all my vouchers (all with the 5 companies listed incl MVC).

Instead of going straight away, I decided to wait until I actually wanted something in-store, and yesterday I went to a different B&Q and they refused to take the vouchers insisting that as Woolworths was listed they couldn't take them, and they gave me a letter dated Feb 09 telling me all about Flogistics etc... which I already knew.

Who is correct?
  • jmccabe
    jmccabe Posts: 22 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When you say the vouchers with 5 companies on them, are they Woolworths, B&Q Big W, Comet and MVC? I've just found £25 of these vouchers that I was given when I left a job a while ago, and it would be nice if I could still use them!
  • hotlips69
    Options
    jmccabe wrote: »
    When you say the vouchers with 5 companies on them, are they Woolworths, B&Q Big W, Comet and MVC? I've just found £25 of these vouchers that I was given when I left a job a while ago, and it would be nice if I could still use them!
    Yes!

Give your local B&Q a call and see if they will accept them and post the answer on here please...
  • jmccabe
    jmccabe Posts: 22 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for that. I don't think I need much from B&Q at the minute, but I'll try to think of something then just go in and see what happens. I'll definitely let you all know if they accept them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport