We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Kingfisher vouchers

Options

Comments

• LELAN
    LELAN Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    Just had reply from Deloitte (Admin for Woolies) "Please note that Kingfisher vouchers are not issued by Woolworths PLC, but by Flogistics Limited. Accordingly, I cannot issue you with a form to claim against Woolworths and therefore suggest you contact Flogistics in the first instance. "
    I have tried the number given here already but now it gives no-reply.
    Anyone had any luck ??

:mad: :mad:
    Wed 14th Jan 2009

Flogistics Limited ARE actually a part of WOOLWORTHS GROUP and WOOLWORTHS GROUP are NOT in administration. That is the 'Worldwide' WOOLWORTHS GROUP "handle" --- Deloitte are carefully wording their communications which is not being particularly helpful to you!

It was Woolworths PLC. (our UK shops) who WERE in joint administration with their Music arm. ---- Deloitte ARE the joint Administrators for Woolworths PLC. Correctly they tell you that Flogistics Limited are really nothing to do with Woolworths PLC.

There is a long (and very likely deeply meaningful) relationship between Kingfisher Group and Flogistics Limited.

It all rather stinks to me.

B&Q ARE currently part of Kingfisher Group.

Woolworths WERE part of Kingfisher many years ago.

Comet WERE part of Kingfisher until about 16 months ago I believe.

"What a tangled we weave when we practice to decieve"

There is a pretty colorful history of court actions surrounding vouchers, Tax issues and members and ex-members of Kingfisher group.

I believe we just aint seen nuffink yet!

I also cynically wonder what is behind the recent opening of Screwfix (Kingfisher Group again) retail branches, sometimes these are in quite close proximity to B&Q outlets. :confused:

Everybody I speak to has seemed perfectly to use Screwfixes well established and efficient mail-order system.

Most of these people also shop at their local B&Q's as well.

Doesn't really seem much of a demand for localScrewfix branches does there? Oh! Unless of course there is some great master plan afoot to "
    " (Please feel free to insert your own ideas here!!) :mad: :mad:
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Interesting theory ;) good detective work
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • cozza
    cozza Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just put a post on vent site as i got a voucher from kingfisher group so there is many of us that cannot use these vouchers were just left in limbo as no one knows what to do .
  • geoff1957
    Options
    Purchased £350 of vouchers via a work scheme a coule of months ago. Tried using them today and got " no chance" from B&Q :mad: . Have written to my company to see what they are going to do.
  • smcaul
    smcaul Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    LELAN wrote: »
    :mad: :mad:
    Wed 14th Jan 2009

Flogistics Limited ARE actually a part of WOOLWORTHS GROUP and WOOLWORTHS GROUP are NOT in administration. That is the 'Worldwide' WOOLWORTHS GROUP "handle" --- Deloitte are carefully wording their communications which is not being particularly helpful to you!

It was Woolworths PLC. (our UK shops) who WERE in joint administration with their Music arm. ---- Deloitte ARE the joint Administrators for Woolworths PLC. Correctly they tell you that Flogistics Limited are really nothing to do with Woolworths PLC.

There is a long (and very likely deeply meaningful) relationship between Kingfisher Group and Flogistics Limited.

It all rather stinks to me.

B&Q ARE currently part of Kingfisher Group.

Woolworths WERE part of Kingfisher many years ago.

Comet WERE part of Kingfisher until about 16 months ago I believe.

"What a tangled we weave when we practice to decieve"

There is a pretty colorful history of court actions surrounding vouchers, Tax issues and members and ex-members of Kingfisher group.

I believe we just aint seen nuffink yet!

I also cynically wonder what is behind the recent opening of Screwfix (Kingfisher Group again) retail branches, sometimes these are in quite close proximity to B&Q outlets. :confused:

Everybody I speak to has seemed perfectly to use Screwfixes well established and efficient mail-order system.

Most of these people also shop at their local B&Q's as well.

Doesn't really seem much of a demand for localScrewfix branches does there? Oh! Unless of course there is some great master plan afoot to "
    " (Please feel free to insert your own ideas here!!) :mad: :mad:

Thats because Screwfix are now far more expensive then they were before the buy out from Kingfisher, so by opening up trade counters they can keep the prices higher all round.

Don't forget that B&Q also own Trade Depots, and some stores have been converted into TD's.

B&Q are also looking hard at using the Screwfix distribution ctr for an online webshop, the distribution ctr already uses plain boxes so you would not know it came from the same place. They are also looking at debranding all their trucks etc so they just have one logistics arm working for all their various companies.

They are doing quite a good job of hogging the market!!!!
  • *LoopyLaura*
    Options
    I hope you get something sorted - I must admit if ever I have any vouchers & hear a rumour that X company is having problems, I always spend them sharpish to avoid being left with worthless bits of paper. Very naughty of them as they've had your money!!
  • john1002
    john1002 Posts: 984 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anybody who has vouchers via the shell plus points scheme, I have been told to contact "

Shell is aware that B&Q and Comet, for reasons relating to the financial position of the Woolworths Group, has stopped accepting Kingfisher Gift Vouchers for redemption in store. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused some of our customers. Kingfisher Gift Vouchers are issued by Flogistics Limited, a subsidiary company of Woolworths Group plc. Affected customers are requested to contact Flogistics Limited at 0800 146 500."

What exactly they can do for me I don't know but will find out monday and report back!

John
  • hotlips69
    Options
    Try ringing that number and there is a different recorded message from a week ago which now says that:

Flogistics Ltd are expected to shortly to go into liquidation and details of the creditors meeting will go to all registered creditors.

All enquiries should be in writing to:

Flogistics Ltd
    P.O. Box 141
    Rochdale
    OL11 3DZ

:mad:

Looks like my/our Kingfisher vouchers are worthless unless Flogistics have some money in the bank still, although I'll still write and lodge my claim formally.

Any comments?
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They're gonna Fleece you all....I advise all those with vouchers to HURRY n get rid or refunded.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • hotlips69
    Options
    marleyboy wrote: »
    They're gonna Fleece you all....I advise all those with vouchers to HURRY n get rid or refunded.
    How do you propose we do this???? :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family