🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

NHS Staff discount

Options

Comments

• miggiwoo
    miggiwoo Posts: 580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Benson wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you get discount in the high street just by showing your badge?

I was in Dorothy Perkins the other day and heard a customer asking if she can get discount as she was a teacher when the cashier said no the customer said that NHS staff can get it so why can't teachers.

I didn't know NHS staff can do this, is this correct????

Have used my nhs badge at Burtons a few times , but tried last week and told by the , manager that they no longer give discount to nhs staff.Asked him why and he said "they just dont".
    Think he'd just had a bad day though , grumpy !!!!!!
    The truth shall set you free.....................
  • MrsKelly_2
    Options
    My local Cinema (Red Cinema in The Lowry Outlet Mall) gives discount to NHS staff i used to always use my badge to save money so maybe other cinema's do to.
  • freebiequennie
    Options
    yeah i tried in evans and burtons and was told they had stopped nhs discount too and they have stopped nus discount also.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    10% off line rental on all contracts and upgrades in orange shops too (see https://www.orange.co.uk/perk) :)
  • hungrynurse_2
    Options
    some discounts are via nhsdiscounts.com, some are through local arrangements, my trust uses redguava, but some are local incentives even in big name shops, if I dont know they do or dont, I just ask when paying. Both my local cinemas will give nhs staff student rates.
  • skint-student-nurse
    Options
    Hi,
    I believe some NHS staff qualify for free or discounted bus travel - if you contact your admin dept, they should tell you what discounts you can get on public transport. My trust offers free bus travel,which saves me around £25 p/w :rolleyes: sorry if this has already been posted, im a newbie!
    ;)
  • bex2002
    bex2002 Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    you also get 30% off at krispy kreme - or at least the last time i went you did!
    £27.76/£2018 in 2018
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Microsoft offer cheap software from themselves and Adobe to anyone with a NHS email addy.
  • abbecer
    abbecer Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    Options
    NHS gold card also gives discounts at most Toni and Guy salons. Just recieved my pack yesterday as i'm a new starter. Seem to be lots of discounts at beauty salons etc too.

Rebecca x
  • slummymummyof3
    Options
    If you are a teacher and belong to a union, they very often offer specific discounts to a union member. You get 10% off at Dorothy Perkins with my teaching union.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport